Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Demko is an interesting piece for sure. He looked like Patty Roy out there and if that is where his game is now then a championship is a legit possibility from here on out.
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm not too worried about him. I don't expect him to play lights out like he did in the playoffs all season, but we should see some flashes of that game from time to time. Holtby will help steady the net, so it will all work out.

This season is going to be step sideways or slightly up, then we clear out some deadwood and get serious in 21-22.

Hughes will be better this year, and his points will depend on what the rest of the team does after he sets them up. Petey and Brock - no worries there either.

D should be slightly improved - if only because Tanev's 'man games lost' shouldn't be a factor.

Playoffs should be the goal, and last year's experience will pay dividends.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Podkolzin with 2Gs vs Austria. He looks like a young Nasi (#19) ripping a wrist shot top shelf on the off wing, then scores greasy goal in front of the net like Bert. :D

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:01 am Podkolzin with 2Gs vs Austria. He looks like a young Nasi (#19) ripping a wrist shot top shelf on the off wing, then scores greasy goal in front of the net like Bert. :D

Wəstkoasþ Əxprəss never break
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A decent article on Podkolzin. Just quoted some of it.. He was under plenty of pressure in the WJC. Sure seemed to take the role of team leader very seriously..Hopefully SKA St. Petersburg, has respect for that.
Vasily Podkolzin apologizes on Instagram for Russia's performance at the 2021 World Junior Championship
The Canucks top prospect and captain of Team Russia took ownership for his team's fourth-place finish.
By: Daniel Wagner June 6th 2021
Хочу прежде всего извиниться за результат . Очень хочется , чтобы у ребят, которые будут после нас все получилось . А мы сделаем выводы и будем сильнее, мудрее . Большое спасибо за поддержку болельщикам, которые всегда с нами. Просто спасибо . I wanna say sorry for this result. Hope, everybody, who will be after us, will be much more successful. in future we will be more powerful. thanks a lot for your support to all fans. i know, you r guys always with us.
The irony is that Podkolzin is one of the Russian players with the least to apologize for. In the team's final two games — the semifinal against Canada and the bronze medal game against Finland — Podkolzin was clearly the team's best player and sometimes looked like the only player that truly cared they were trailing.
Podkolzin finished the tournament with just 4 points in 7 games, but Canucks fans that watched the games got a better picture of why scouts are so high on the winger. His effort every game was unimpeachable and his vision and playmaking stood out, as he threaded passes through traffic to create chances. He played a style of game that looked immediately translatable to the NHL.

It's too bad that he'll have to return to the KHL instead to complete his season with SKA St. Petersburg. He won't be available to sign with the Canucks until SKA gets knocked out of the KHL playoffs ....Article link
article carries on.....
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gohmert you broke another story Boss! And it was epic. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Sometimes I feel like I am not a good fan because I do not surf the net every day looking for Canuck links. Nor do I have any auto Google notices to indicate something with the word Canucks appear. I do not have a Twitter account, barely use FB or other electronic options to follow the team.

TBH I care very little on lineups in scrimmage or really what Green thought as most of it is hooey anyways.

I just want to watch the game, see some highlights of what I missed and read others comments.

Is this OK or am I missing something not to follow the team/players 36/7?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gohmert is here to break the stories for you Reef. He’s a insider :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:05 pm Gohmert is here to break the stories for you Reef. He’s an EPIC insider :lol:
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:59 pm Sometimes I feel like I am not a good fan because I do not surf the net every day looking for Canuck links. Nor do I have any auto Google notices to indicate something with the word Canucks appear. I do not have a Twitter account, barely use FB or other electronic options to follow the team.

TBH I care very little on lineups in scrimmage or really what Green thought as most of it is hooey anyways.

I just want to watch the game, see some highlights of what I missed and read others comments.

Is this OK or am I missing something not to follow the team/players 36/7?
I feel ya bruh. This is why I am relentless on that window licking, shortbus riding, rainbow crayon eating EBL.. His selfish craving of attention is polluting the boards from regular fans who can critically think, watch the games and don't need 'click bait' media to form opinions for us.. Even when we try to reason with him and give him his own playground he still just does his own thing, as if he is the most important person here or filling some perceived need.. He doesn't even realize he is part of the problem with click bait media. Instead, when we tell him this, he hides behind deception, lies, and his self made imaginary self image of himself being an EPIC reporter/insider/HISTORIAN (new)/ and the only person who can use google if they want..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Comby Mick is just a superfan. No hidden agendas or anything i assure you.

Actual photo of Micks' symbiotic twin from vagina:

Although he does wear a helmet lol
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

and its ok to be a superfan. not saying he shouldnt. He can do what he likes.
But so can we.

But he needs to reign in the lies, bullshit, links, gifs, etc. keep that shit to his own thread.

But to now be spewing "I'm doing this for historical reasons" is an entire new level of bullshit. Keep that shit in your playground.

People around here, -- and it doesnt matter if they are angry old men (Blob), the agitator (Chef), The insiders (Per and Wids), the CBA Expert (Doc) or the rest of the regulars.. every one of them thinks for themselves, does not need twitter to form opinions for ourselves.. we fight we bicker, we laugh.. but by and large, we respect each other for who we are.. we have gathered this group together over 25 years to have a core of 40-50 of us. When one guy is blocked by 1/2 that group, and the other 1/2 continually calls out his bullshit for not respecting the rest of us, well.. perhaps the silent majority should say something.

If he is not going to give us any respect, you can damn well bet I aint showing him any.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:56 am
This is why I am relentless
(At being a fuck head). Go ahead and harp till your strings break. I'm not going to do anything differently . What comes out of your account is the worst garbage I've seen here.
Like I said the other night. I have proven you to be a liar.
I don't care if you've been here since Adam bit on your apple. It means nothing to me. I am sorry about a couple of my friends taking the side
of the lonely very lonely hand shaker.

Fuck! Blob; you call me an attention whore. Geezuss! The prairie SS / (note the angle) is the winner there.

Last time I checked; Podkolzin was a Canuck young gun. (prospect).
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The List exists
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 am (At being a fuck head).
There you go again.. spewing filth like a shit santa.
Go ahead and harp till your strings break. I'm not going to do anything differently . What comes out of your account is the worst garbage I've seen here.
At least I post original thoughts and not links to the rest of the worlds twitter accounts which I use to try and pass myself off like an insider, or a news hound or someone who is posting twittter thoughts here for "History" :D
I have proven you to be a liar.
LMAO!! must have missed your superb scientific approach and reasonable deductive theories to this amongst the 50 or so posts per day from you. But good try!
The only thing you can prove is how to eat skittles, suck on rainbow crayons and lick windows in the shortbus.
I don't care if you've been here since Adam bit on your apple. It means nothing to me.
Thank you for confirming my comment about your complete lack of respect for people here. I like how you always just try and attack me, opposed to being like this to the rest of the posters who call you out on your lies and bullshit... or at least those who you haven't run off with PM threats or simply blocked you already..
Fuck! Blob; you call me an attention whore. Geezuss! The prairie SS / (note the angle) is the winner there.
Typical Micky double deflection here. Add Blobbie to the mix to stir the pot, and then what.. your calling me a Nazi now???