World Juniors 2021

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Rangers drafted Brandon Schneider. Jezus. What don’t the Rangers have?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:37 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 pm Braden Schneider is gonna be a damn good dman
He’s a beast, I like him a lot
He was drafted at least ten spots too late. Still don't get it...
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:45 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:39 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:34 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:01 pm Canada has the better team.
So they keep telling us but the yanks have the best player, the best goalie and an equal to if not better than defense
Canada has a ton of good players but no game breakers. Cozens maybe, but not much else
Cosens Newhook and Krebs stand out up front. Byram and Schneider on the back end.

Disppointed in mcmichael, byfield holloway
Newhook and Krebs aren’t game breakers
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hats off to the Americans game plan tonight. Great team effort.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Americans defence was dialed in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:30 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:26 pm Wow it's worth than I thought. I thought Quinn was 18 but he turned 19 in September. This is his last year of eligibility for the tournament. Jeezus eighth overall and he's yer invisible 13th forward in his last year.
8th overall? Try 2nd. Ouch
Yes, and the Kings took Turcotte out of the US program instead of the clearly superior Zegras.

Could have had Stutzle and Zegras, landed Byfield and Turcotte.
Turcotte looked good out there
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:53 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:26 pm Wow it's worth than I thought. I thought Quinn was 18 but he turned 19 in September. This is his last year of eligibility for the tournament. Jeezus eighth overall and he's yer invisible 13th forward in his last year.
Yes, and the Kings took Turcotte out of the US program instead of the clearly superior Zegras.

Sure, but Zegras is the better player.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:46 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 pm Braden Schneider is gonna be a damn good dman
Along with Schneider, the Rangers also have great D prospects in K’Andre Miller and Nils Lundkvist as well. They have the no. 1 ranked NHL affiliated prospect in the world in Igor Shesterkin. Lundkvist was ranked 22nd and Miller 43rd on the same list. Forward Kravtsov was ranked 36th. Doyle can have the LA Kings for all I care. The Rangers are the future
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:54 pm

Not even close. Zegras is a special player
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

I think the team chef oughta get a medal if all these other folks are getting them.

Food is important.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:57 pm
Along with Schneider, the Rangers also have great D prospects in K’Andre Miller and Nils Lundkvist as well. They have the no. 1 ranked NHL affiliated prospect in the world in Igor Shesterkin. Lundkvist was ranked 22nd and Miller 43rd on the same list. Forward Kravtsov was ranked 36th. Doyle can have the LA Kings for all I care. The Rangers are the future
And a certain Alexis Lafreniere to boot :D
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:01 pm I think the team chef oughta get a medal if all these other folks are getting them.

Food is important.
Chef always deserves medals. Food for thought.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:02 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:57 pm
And a certain Alexis Lafreniere to boot :D
And Kappo Kappa
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:54 pm

I’d take Byram over either, but at this stage Zegras is ahead of Turcotte.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Funny thing.... due to College and USHL in business and Canadian Junior Hockey being shut down, only five Canadians had actually played meaningful games before the tournament. 16 Americans had played a avoid 1/4 season, only five Trumpettes hadn’t suited up in a real game until the tourney started.

The better team lost. US collapsed around their goalie, got a couple breaks on post and capitalized in the O zone when they needed to.

Not concerning as a fan of Canadian hockey. We’ve still throatpumped the world in Men’s best on best for the last 20 years