Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Strangelove »

psssssst... your pants are on fire.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rrrrrrrrriiiigghhht
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:08 amNo. Olaf was 6th in ice time among D men when he got shut down. Lind and Gadjovich are developing at a snails pace in the AHL right now.
You whined similarly about Virtanen during his year in Utica. Little did you know about his development there.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:11 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:08 amNo. Olaf was 6th in ice time among D men when he got shut down. Lind and Gadjovich are developing at a snails pace in the AHL right now.
You whined similarly about Virtanen during his year in Utica. Little did you know about his development there.
Yes I was whining.... losing my shit.. lol

What I probably said was more like... “ if he isn’t producing at a decent level in the AHL it’s unlikely he will produce at the NHL level. And for the most part I’ve been proven right. He’s about 20 point guy at this level.

Win BlobCat

Is that how you do it ?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:28 pm At the end of the day Skyo. If he didn’t have a back injury he would have been called up by now. At that point we will both have a better idea of what he is or isn’t.
Dammit Blob, can't argue with that! :drink:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Did you even read that article from October 30th?
Primarily, he’s currently in the best situation when considering his development as a player. He’s on the top pairing in Utica with Jalen Chatfield, who is exactly the type of partner Juolevi needs to compliment his playing style. Juolevi needs a right-handed partner who is a plus skater, capable of making aggressive reads in the neutral zone and becoming a passing option in the defensive zone. This is exactly what Chatfield does as he himself is becoming an option for the Canucks when he’s back to full health, but that’s a different story.

Additionally, Juolevi is getting top power-play and penalty-killing experience in Utica. This is resulting in over 20 minutes per game and is critical for his development.

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/30/olli-juolevi/
Even the Comets writer Hergott (who watches every Utica game obviously) said:
"Juolevi was in the top pair with Jalen Chatfield from day one."

It's ok to lose a message board debate once in awhile blob.
Not to say you are right or wrong but referencing something from Oct 30th, isnt that the beginning of the schedule? How can you use that to reference what he did from that moment on?

Will go back and look at the links but you would need to reference something with stats as of today or anything after he was injured.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:13 am
Not to say you are right or wrong but referencing something from Oct 30th, isnt that the beginning of the schedule? How can you use that to reference what he did from that moment on?

Will go back and look at the links but you would need to reference something with stats as of today or anything after he was injured.
Blob mentioned Juolevi was sheltered & was only recently was given more ice time 'near the end of his tenure' prior to injury, I refuted that with some references from Canucksarmy and Cory Hergott (a full time Utica Comets writer) who said OJ was playing on the top pairing from day one, while CA said OJ was playing on the top powerplay and penalty kill units and was playing over 20min TOI.

And now all I hope is Juolevi comes back 100% in September has a good camp & he likely starts in the AHL to get his mojo back before he gets some NHL duty likely in December or January when injuries likely hit the left side.....(looking at you edler)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob mentioned the two posters in the Utica thread who religiously watch every game that said he was # 6 in icetime during his tenure in Utica . Tina quoted some Hergott guy that said he was getting 20 min and playing top pairing for two games. As of now it’s 2/18 games.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

In any case my sources get paid to watch and write about the Utica Comets, while blob's sources are some random message board anon's.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:21 am In any case my sources get paid to watch and write about the Utica Comets, while blob's sources are some random message board anon's.
And Tina, Ike will take you more serious if you can provide his icetime average over his 18 games

Good talk ! :thumbs:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Skyo or Blob,

Both of you need to "show your math", without this we cannot determine who is right or who is wrong.

8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

AHL doesn't keep time on ice stats reef, so we just have to rely on Comets posted lineups (where OJ was on the top pairing every game before injury) and Comets writers who actually watch all the games.

oh insider joke 'show your math' :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 am Blob mentioned the two posters in the Utica thread who religiously watch every game that said he was # 6 in icetime during his tenure in Utica .
1. They didn't say that FULL STOP

2. As typical HF Benning-haters they are, like you, motivated to paint a Benning draft pick in the worst possible light.

WIN: Skyo :towel:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 am Blob mentioned the two posters in the Utica thread who religiously watch every game that said he was # 6 in icetime during his tenure in Utica .
1. They didn't say that FULL STOP

2. As typical HF Benning-haters they are, like you, motivated to paint a Benning draft pick in the worst possible light.

WIN: Skyo :towel:
Yes they did.... TRIPLE FULL STOP

Victory Blob as usual...... yawn
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:30 pm Yes they did....
Bullshit.
____
Try to focus on someday.