US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:59 am Better to evaluate Trump on his personal actions and decisions.
Do you mean the ones he makes today, or the contradictory ones he makes tomorrow?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:22 pm The Donald is purposely driving the leaders of the opposition (and their minions) completely and demonstratively insane.

Trigger, trigger, trigger, trigger, POP, POP, POP, POP!

The Donald knows that the more rabid they become (abolish ICE lol!) the less votes they will get.

I mean, you've gotta hand it to the guy!
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:03 am You love the fact he drives people crazy.
True.

TODAY:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-anxi ... -1.4762487

What's been called "Trump Anxiety Disorder" has been on the rise in the months following the election, according to mental-health professionals from across the country who report unusually high levels of politics-related stress in their practices.

And it's maybe not surprising given the relentlessly negative headlines and politically divisive climate.
Hmmmmm....
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 am ^ Lol at the goosestepping stooge chanting "WPE" as he marches along!

I'll bet the headlines alone were enough to brainwash that one. :lol:

... In a 2017 essay for a book co-edited by psychiatrists from Harvard Medical School and the Yale School of Medicine, clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning of Evanston, Ill., called the condition "Trump Anxiety Disorder," distinguishing it from a generalized anxiety disorder because "symptoms were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate."

(Trump and his supporters, for their part, have their own term for a malady they see as afflicting only reactionary, anti-Trump progressives: "Trump Derangement Syndrome.")
Hmmmmmmm.....
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:30 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:09 pm https://goo.gl/images/WiQw4Z
Trump Derangement Syndrome.

According to the American Psychological Association 72 per cent of Democrats considered "the political climate" to be a source of stress.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There really is some sort of mass hysteria regards trump. I could really give a fuck about politics but often find myself tuning into the latest episode of what has he done now....otherwise known as the national.

Oh and how faggy trudeau is. Thats good entertainment too
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Just like your small handed orange hero, you think that if you repeat something enough times it will magically become true, eh врач?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:39 am
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 amI just said that Trump never answer a question, he reflects or crys fake news. Last week he said he was mis said something or misunderstood or what ever his excuse was.
Bit early in the day to be drinking, no?
Or maybe somebody just screwed his brains out. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:32 pm
Might have just been an epic claw-job?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:32 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 amI just said that Trump never answer a question, he reflects or crys fake news. Last week he said he was mis said something or misunderstood or what ever his excuse was.
Sure
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:03 am You love the fact he drives people crazy.
True.
Time to change your handle to Moderator, MVP & Troll?
Liking the fact the Donald drives libs crazy is... "trolling"?? :crazy:

Are you crazy?!!
I assume a market liberal like Ronald Reagan must be spinning in his grave. :(

I mean, he put in a lot of effort in creating Nafta, and I'm sure he would have loved the TPP.
Then you have this buffoon come in and threaten to tear up the first, walks out on the second and then imposes steel and aluminum tariffs on neighbours and loyal allies to top it all off. Sheesh!

https://www.heritage.org/trade/report/t ... n-realized

Not to mention the whole Russia thing. Ronald took great pride in forcing the Evil Empire to it's knees.
He would have puked seeing how Donald betrays all that was sacred to him.

After WWII the US put a lot of effort and money into creating the world order we have today, a world order governed by institutions that make the world safe for democracy; the IMF, the WTO, Nato, the G7, the list goes on. And even if the EU wasn't created by the USA, it helped stabilize Europe and strengthened the institutions the US had created.

Now watch Donald tear into all these organisations that helped cement the USA as the world leader.
I can ser why Putin wants to get rid of them, they have helped push Russia to the periphery, but that a US president would try to demolish the cureent world order is absurd if not obscene.

Even more curious is how Donald demands that Japan and Germany invest more in their military so they can defend themselves. Did he never take a history class? Doesn't he know that the US specifically made these two countries dismantle their armies in order to make the world safe? The US also helped them rebuild their industries so that they would become prosperous, content and loyal allies. Does he really want to turn back the clock to the 1930's?

I mean, chosing to use the phrase "America First!", the slogan of the isolationists who wanted the US to stay out of WWII and cozy up to Adolf, in his campaign hints to this. At first I thought it might have just been a blunder, caused by his lack of knowledge of 20th century history, but the evidence mounts to it being a deliberate signal to those who think it was a mistake that the USA decided to defend democracy.

As I said, Ronald Reagan must be spinning in his grave. :|
Last edited by Per on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:22 pm
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/97 ... ade-war-eu

MERKEL CAVES IN: Germany 'to offer to scrap EU tax on cars' in Trump victory
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/25/trump-w ... urope.html

Trump announces a ‘new phase’ in US-EU relationship, working toward ‘zero tariffs’

President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced that he had secured concessions from Europe, averting a potential trade war.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average popped Wednesday afternoon, rising more than half a percent on the news.
The Europeans agreed to lower industrial tariffs and import more U.S. soybeans.
https://www.hannity.com/media-room/chin ... s-tariffs/

CHINA CAVES: Beijing GIVES IN to Trump’s Demands, LOWERS Tariffs
Yeeeeup, this is how a President obtains better deals for his country!

BEST PRESIDENT EVER :towel:
Uhm, don't believe all the spin.

When it comes to the US-EU negotiations, he was kicking in open doors. The EU wants more free trade, as proven by them recently signing a free trade agreement with Japan, creating the largest free trade area in the world, not to mentioning negotiating free trade agreements with Mercosur and various other areas/countries.

The next move in the trade war he has created was supposed to be him levying tariffs on cars from the EU.
He backed down. That is the real story.

We are grateful that he did not insist on this madness, but equally grateful are the American auto makers and the US congress, that begged him to refrain from it.

The "promises" to buy more soy beans and natural gas are no real concessions. Due to the current drought it is feared that many dairy farmers will have to slaughter off their cattle because there won't be enough feed to last through the winter. Last I heard, you can use soy beans as cattle feed, so seems like a good idea to increase imports of that. As for natural gas, one of the main suppliers of that to central Europe is Russia. Less dependence on Putin as a supplier can never be a bad thing.

So basically, as he is prone to do in negotiations, Donny started out by shrieking insults and threats, then accepted what was on the table and claimed that he had won. As he always does. :roll:

Here's a great article by Fareed Zakariah:
https://www.arcamax.com/politics/fromth ... /s-2106730

Excerpt:
There are those who assert that Trump's seemingly bizarre and unpredictable behavior is actually all part of a canny and wise strategy, that he is playing a kind of four-dimensional chess, operating in space-time. Well, if so, he is getting beaten badly here on Earth. In none of these situations has he actually been able to extract real concessions. His usual approach is to announce something vague, as with North Korea and the trade talks with Europe, or something already in place, such as NATO members' promise to spend 2 percent of their GDP on defense by 2024, and claim it as a victory.

But there is a cost to this bluster and flip-flopping. Trump is creating a reputation for the United States as erratic, unpredictable, unreliable and fundamentally hostile to the global order. Leader after leader in Europe has made this clear. George Osborne told me that when he was Britain's finance minister, you knew "the United States president had your back." Neither Britain nor any other country can be sure of this anymore. As Donald Tusk, president of the European Council, put it, "With friends like that who needs enemies[?]... We [realize] that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm."

Economist Adam Posen argues that countries are now bypassing the United States and constructing a "post-American world economy." You can see this in the flurry of trade agreements that don't include the U.S., from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which was signed minus America, to the trade deal the EU just struck with Japan. Many others are in the works.
Last edited by Per on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:24 am I assume a market liberal like Ronald Reagan must be spinning in his grave. :(
Per wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:24 am As I said, Ronald Reagan must be spinning in his grave. :|
Per wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:48 am Uhm, don't believe all the spin.
Thanks for directing us on which spin to swallow oh mighty King of Spin!

Uhm, Reagan dealt with the Russkies during the Cold War.

The way he dealt with them was to escalate the arms race.

And I don't think the lib nut-jobs would like that kind of attitude.

(given how they totally freaked out when DJT ignored Russia's threats and bombed the crap out of Syria)

But then, eventually, Reagan signed the INF Treaty.

And I don't think the lib nut-jobs would like that kind of attitude.

(given how they totally freaked out when DJT met with Putin and said he wants another)

I suppose what I'm saying is lib nut-jobs spin everything the man does as a negative.

I'm guessing the libs do this because of the fact they are nut-jobs.

Driven nuts purposely by DJT, as part of his reelection plan. #WALKAWAY

(in fact, they are positively spinning out of control!)

Speaking of DJT and his plans, you fail to see the big picture in regards to those "organizations, institutions, and agreements".

Perhaps if you hadn't been driven "nuts" (dude, your head is spinning) you'd be able to grasp dat dere. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Doc I figure you’re man is the master of spin.

And he’s good at too, he’s got all then dusty poor white trash assholes thinking he’s a straight talker and he’s going to make merica great again !
Great for them!! Haha

But all he’s really doing is getting the bottom bitch to blow past her ho mileage.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, the trial against Paul Manafort has started.
Let the games begin! :thumbs:

Now, where's my popcorn? 8-)
Last edited by Per on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Trial, conviction, then a pardon. Is there anything the Donald won't do?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The crimes Manafort is on trial for all allegedly occurred years before the election campaign and are not connected to the election. What Mueller is hoping for is a plea bargain so Manafort can testify against Trump.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 am The crimes Manafort is on trial for all allegedly occurred years before the election campaign and are not connected to the election. What Mueller is hoping for is a plea bargain so Manafort can testify against Trump.
That remains to be seen. Manafort was supporting Putin's marionette in the Ukraine.
Perhaps he did the same in the USA. :drink: