Past Canuck Players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Mickey107 »

Feel old, fast.

"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Goldy is released from his KHL team CSKA.
CSKA has parted ways with 25-year-old forward Nikolai Goldobin (4 G, 11 PTS, 21 GP).

https://twitter.com/khl_eng/status/1338477591905316866
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:58 am Goldy is released from his KHL team CSKA.
CSKA has parted ways with 25-year-old forward Nikolai Goldobin (4 G, 11 PTS, 21 GP).

Guys always had a gripe with something. Not enough ice-time, wants to play with certain players, whatever.

Always been obvious he was a very talented player but has never sustained. Can't be bothered for 3 out of 4 games.

He deplores the physical side of the game big time. So what now? Look for another NHL contract? Swedish league?

November 11th, 2020. One out of four goals this year. ....................What a waste.
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Micky wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:17 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:58 am Goldy is released from his KHL team CSKA.

Guys always had a gripe with something. Not enough ice-time, wants to play with certain players, whatever.

Always been obvious he was a very talented player but has never sustained. Can't be bothered for 3 out of 4 games.

He deplores the physical side of the game big time. So what now? Look for another NHL contract? Swedish league?

November 11th, 2020. One out of four goals this year. ....................What a waste.
I liked Goldy and was sorry to see it not work out for him here but he didn't strike me as a complainer.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Goldilocks was one of the biggest weenies ever.

So much fear in that guy, so much fear...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Messier suing Alberta cannabis company CEO after losing $500K: report

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/messier ... F_hQzlpqRw

C'mon Mess, u win some, u lose some. If he didn't do his homework, he has no one to blame, but himself. Besides, $500K is chump change for him anyways.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:23 pm Messier suing Alberta cannabis company CEO after losing $500K: report

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/messier ... F_hQzlpqRw

C'mon Mess, u win some, u lose some. If he didn't do his homework, he has no one to blame, but himself. Besides, $500K is chump change for him anyways.
It's almost funny how former sports stars tend to invest badly. Destiny Bioscience is (was) a private company. So Messier is a hockey star turned venture capitalist? Probably taken in by a slick sales pitch, lol.

Just invest your money in public companies on the open market like a normal person Mark! Simples!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

LOL everyone who tried to join the 'green rush' and invested in legal Canadian cannabis companies lost there shirts. Everyone except the CEOs of those companies that is. They raised millions and made out like bandits. Messier was just another 'mark.'
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:33 pm Feel old, fast.

Shouldn’t this be a snippet of the footage from the security cam that covered the parking lot where Juice 1-Punches him?

:D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

At least there's a story;.. https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bieksa- ... ov-canucks
Following the incident, Bieksa was justifiably worried about his future with the organization.

“So then Brian Burke finds out, who was the GM of Vancouver at the time, and I’m scared. Called my dad and I’m like, ‘Dad, I messed up, they’re going to send me home.'”

Turns out, it was a good career move, because Burke heard the story and loved it.

“Burkie calls and he’s like, ‘We’re going to sign you to an entry level deal.'”

And the rest is history.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:52 pm LOL everyone who tried to join the 'green rush' and invested in legal Canadian cannabis companies lost there shirts. Everyone except the CEOs of those companies that is. They raised millions and made out like bandits. Messier was just another 'mark.'
Jr Mining shells that became weed companies. Just like dot coms of the 80's. LOL. One of the groups I work with acquired the mineral assets from one such shell. Teck is now a major investor in that project. Interesting legal advise we got at the time is that because cannabis is still illegal in the US, any cross border activities could be problematic for anyone connected to a weed company.

The whole thing reeked of corner store VHS rental shops...then Blockbuster shows up.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Dot coms of the 80's?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Topper wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:52 pm LOL everyone who tried to join the 'green rush' and invested in legal Canadian cannabis companies lost there shirts. Everyone except the CEOs of those companies that is. They raised millions and made out like bandits. Messier was just another 'mark.'
Jr Mining shells that became weed companies. Just like dot coms of the 80's. LOL. One of the groups I work with acquired the mineral assets from one such shell. Teck is now a major investor in that project. Interesting legal advise we got at the time is that because cannabis is still illegal in the US, any cross border activities could be problematic for anyone connected to a weed company.

The whole thing reeked of corner store VHS rental shops...then Blockbuster shows up.
Yeah, that's the truth. These companies all talked a big game about getting out first and taking over the world market with their shitty Ontario factory farmed weed and they're all either downsizing like crazy now or out of business. The stocks keep on plummeting while people like Bruce Linton, the CEO of the biggest company Canopy Growth who oversaw this disaster all received giant golden parachutes.

https://www.obj.ca/article/linton-and-o ... and%20%243

And yes, even walking into one of these legal retail stores and using your charge card to buy a tiny amount of weed can get you flagged at the border. Same deal with ordering from the government website online. If your going to buy the government shwag (not recommended) be sure to use cash.
el rey del mambo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:05 pm
And yes, even walking into one of these legal retail stores and using your charge card to buy a tiny amount of weed can get you flagged at the border. Same deal with ordering from the government website online. If your going to buy the government shwag (not recommended) be sure to use cash.
Is that right? The only guy I know getting the government dope is a late-60s vet who's getting it for free. Needless to say, he's like a kid on Christmas every time the postman shows up!

Do any of these big corporations have a "brand" yet? Like, Tilray's got the good stuff? I know in BC so much of the dispensaries are still supplied by the grey market, so I don't know if there's a Big Mac of weed from the big legit companies yet.

Wiz, your thoughts?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What i find is that certain growers are consistently better than others. Redecan, Good Supply and Spinach brands seem to be the best across all their strains while anything to do with Aurora cannabis is rubbish

I start with those 3 suppliers then look for anything over 20% THC that is priced reasonably. The premium strains are probably marginally better but why blow $40+ on an eighth when you get almost the same level of baked from one that comes in for 20-25...?

I'm a 'rational' consumer
If you need air...call it in