Fix The Canucks Cap 2020 Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Fix The Canucks Cap 2020 Offseason

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Eriksson won't play for VAN again. Hes done
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think they are parking Loui in Utica at the expense of Aqualini. Hopefully it frustrates Loui enough so he bends. Utica is the arm pit of North America. This next season is gonna be a fuck show waste of a season but that is ok cause we get to burn off a couple shitty contracts (Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Benn, Spooner)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The decline of Loui was dramatic . He just hit 30 years old and almost ceased to be able to play NHL shifts with any resemblance to how he did in the past. Him coming to Van. was expected and no surprise to most. I hated it then and obviously still do. Never played well with the Sedins. Someone young and relatively unknown would have been a project for the twins to work with. Who cares, doesn't matter now. What matters now is ... Does Travis Green have a soft spot for him? -- Eriksson, fairly recently, said he just wants to play hockey. That was encouraging. J.P. Barry laughing about how bad he has become as a player, lately, was spiffy too.

Do the right thing, Loui, go home.
"evolution"
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Micky wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 am The decline of Loui was dramatic . He just hit 30 years old and almost ceased to be able to play NHL shifts with any resemblance to how he did in the past. Him coming to Van. was expected and no surprise to most. I hated it then and obviously still do. Never played well with the Sedins. Someone young and relatively unknown would have been a project for the twins to work with. Who cares, doesn't matter now. What matters now is ... Does Travis Green have a soft spot for him? -- Eriksson, fairly recently, said he just wants to play hockey. That was encouraging. J.P. Barry laughing about how bad he has become as a player, lately, was spiffy too.

Green having a soft spot for Louie? Hopefully it's called Burns Bog.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A few used appliances have made their way to the unknown depths of "The Bog".
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

mr perfect wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:44 pm
Micky wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:20 am The decline of Loui was dramatic . He just hit 30 years old and almost ceased to be able to play NHL shifts with any resemblance to how he did in the past. Him coming to Van. was expected and no surprise to most. I hated it then and obviously still do. Never played well with the Sedins. Someone young and relatively unknown would have been a project for the twins to work with. Who cares, doesn't matter now. What matters now is ... Does Travis Green have a soft spot for him? -- Eriksson, fairly recently, said he just wants to play hockey. That was encouraging. J.P. Barry laughing about how bad he has become as a player, lately, was spiffy too.

Green having a soft spot for Louie? Hopefully it's called Burns Bog.
:lol:

I'm not quite so angry about him but fuck around...he just has to know how hated he is in canucksland. Why would you linger for that kind of punishment. Money? Doc did the math and if he retires this off season hes inly out like 2 mill or something after escrow and what-not.

Sorry I'm incoherently medicated atm. I am sure i make zero sense lol
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:48 pm A few used appliances have made their way to the unknown depths of "The Bog".
A Sony Eriksson was discovered burning in a hole in the bog last night....details at 11
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:52 pm
Sorry I'm incoherently medicated atm. I am sure i make zero sense lol
Never go to the atm when ur incoherently medicated.

"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:20 am
SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:44 am Loui Eriksson to Utica probably is going to happen imo, he was a no show in the Vegas series, played sporadically in the 2019/20 regular season:
There’s also something that Rick Dhaliwal recently mentioned in The Athletic, which is that Eriksson’s agent is J.P. Barry, who has clients like Karl Alzner and Andrew Ladd earning big bucks in the minors without complaint – and doesn’t seem to like the idea of his clients being strong-armed into giving up their contracts.
LE's agent JP Barry was given permission to find another team to trade to, but it's almost December and there's no smoke on that front, so he could recommend the Alzner, Ladd route and just play in Utica, I believe this also frees up almost a million in cap space.

Or maybe a Bogosian situation happens, god willing:
Right before the 2020 Trade Deadline, the Buffalo Sabres waived Zach Bogosian and assigned him to the Rochester Americans – only for him to refuse the assignment. The Sabres then set a deadline of their own for Bogosian to report to Rochester, and when he no-showed they terminated his contract and wiped his cap hit from their books.

Bogosian signed in Tampa Bay shortly thereafter and won a Cup.
This would be a great story, but, for $5 million pre-adjusted covid dollars, I think Loui could find it just as comfortable riding pine in Utica as he would in Vancouver. Don't get me wrong. I hope he retires. But, there are no financial reasons for him to do so. Also, if he was terminated, and re-signed, it would be for $1million, or less. His desire to play would have to be so great, that even the casual onlooker could see the passion in his eyes and face. Dunno if anyone can say that Loui exudes passion. :P
Yeah he and Baertschi can talk about old hockey war stories in Utica.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.