Fix The Canucks Cap 2020 Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Fix The Canucks Cap 2020 Offseason

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:13 am I think both would have trouble getting a one way deal at 700 K.
The minimum is $750K now...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:34 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:13 am I think both would have trouble getting a one way deal at 700 K.
K....750 - 800 K then. Is that better for you?

They both are horrendous at the NHL level and two of the softest, and most disinterested players I’ve ever seen play the game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:39 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:34 pm
K....750 - 800 K then. Is that better for you?
Much better, your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Actually that starts the following season, sorry Doyle. :blush:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:15 pm Re, Sven: Who makes contracts with all those sixes? He must have asked for it that way. --crazy.

I think Gagne was choked and said a couple things publicly but Louis ans Sven have blatantly questioned their roles for all to hear.
Baertschi finished himself. Somehow Eriksson is clinging on. He looks like a Klingon come to think about it. Little darker and you
have old general Martok.

.........................Louis ..........and....... Sven.
Loui and Bartie will be Klinging On to that guaranteed money for sure...
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:13 am When did Baertschi say he was done playing in the AHL? Will there even be an AHL?

Those guys have no reason to do Vancouver a solid considering they are still due good money on their contracts. Just because you want them to tear up their deals doesn’t mean they will. I think both would have trouble getting a one way deal at 700 K.
May 13, 2020: Baertschi was assigned to the AHL's Utica Comets out of training camp this season, but re-joined the Canucks for a six-game stretch before being waived in December. Canucks general manager Jim Benning said at the time that the Canucks had been attempting to trade the 27-year-old and Baertschi said Tuesday he hopes the team will be more successful in the off-season.

I don’t want to be back in the minors,he told TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver's Jeff Paterson. “That’s where I’ve set my goal at. It’s up to them really what they’re going to do next. That’s their job and that’s what they do.

"I’m just going to work my ass off going forward, making sure I’m ready to go to whatever camp I’m going to. I have no plans of going back to Switzerland or to Europe; I think personally I can play on any team in the National Hockey League. I can do it. I can just focus on myself and making sure I’m ready for another year. I think I’ve proved to everybody that was worried before. I’m 100 per cent healthy, my game is going well and I’m preparing for whatever is next.”

For me, it was more confirmation that I don’t belong there in many ways. I don’t want to be rude or look down on people, but the way I look at the game is a lot different than a lot of other guys.

When a team puts you on waivers, it’s got a different feel to it. They’re paying you all this money to go play in the minors. It’s got a different feel to it. We’ll see what the future holds, but I’ll always be grateful for my time there. The teammates, the fans, the city. I’m always going to remember Vancouver as a wonderful spot to play in and I enjoyed every single minute of it.

https://www.tsn.ca/sven-baertschi-it-s- ... -1.1475219
So in conclusion, bearcheese & the canucks are done mentally, technically it'll be a bitch to try to move that contract. iirc there was almost a deal in place at the TDD tho, so maybe they can try again right now, but who knows.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:43 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:30 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:17 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:31 pm
Ottawa is at least in the NHL and a nicer city than Utica.
Only trouble with this is, Loui won't be going to Utica. Should he be sent to the minors look for Jim to work out an arrangement with Jim Nill for Loui to play for the Stars' AHL affiliate in the exciting music and culture hub of Austin Texas :D
No way! He would love that....

No no he needs to hate where hes going enough to retire instead
See if you can find a way to get him onto the Manitoba Moose. Nothing against Winnipeg but it has got to be miserable there in Winter and the travel must be for the NHL let alone AHL. No direct flights that I can see (granted COVID is probably a limiting factor on that right now).
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

So does Ferland go on LTIR first day of the season?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:00 am So does Ferland go on LTIR first day of the season?
He'll play a few shifts first
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:00 am So does Ferland go on LTIR first day of the season?
The word prudent comes to mind.

Sorry; don't mean to be an ass but I don't want to see another failed attempt. No idea if it's fat lady time but there have been indications of just that.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:13 am
lol poor Ferland, man he just needs to take a year off like Crosby did iirc.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The guy has played like 20 games in almost 2 calendar years (by the time the season starts).

And he's seen plenty of doctors.

Chances are he decides to go perma-LTIR I'd say.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:13 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Three shifts and a fight and he's symptomatic once again.
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Loui Eriksson to Utica probably is going to happen imo, he was a no show in the Vegas series, played sporadically in the 2019/20 regular season:
There’s also something that Rick Dhaliwal recently mentioned in The Athletic, which is that Eriksson’s agent is J.P. Barry, who has clients like Karl Alzner and Andrew Ladd earning big bucks in the minors without complaint – and doesn’t seem to like the idea of his clients being strong-armed into giving up their contracts.
LE's agent JP Barry was given permission to find another team to trade to, but it's almost December and there's no smoke on that front, so he could recommend the Alzner, Ladd route and just play in Utica, I believe this also frees up almost a million in cap space.

Or maybe a Bogosian situation happens, god willing:
Right before the 2020 Trade Deadline, the Buffalo Sabres waived Zach Bogosian and assigned him to the Rochester Americans – only for him to refuse the assignment. The Sabres then set a deadline of their own for Bogosian to report to Rochester, and when he no-showed they terminated his contract and wiped his cap hit from their books.

Bogosian signed in Tampa Bay shortly thereafter and won a Cup.
Eriksson off the roster, gives a spot to young, hungry & energetic types like Motte, MacEwen and one Jayce Hawryluk, or darkhorses Hoglander and Kole Lind.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:44 am Loui Eriksson to Utica probably is going to happen imo, he was a no show in the Vegas series, played sporadically in the 2019/20 regular season:
There’s also something that Rick Dhaliwal recently mentioned in The Athletic, which is that Eriksson’s agent is J.P. Barry, who has clients like Karl Alzner and Andrew Ladd earning big bucks in the minors without complaint – and doesn’t seem to like the idea of his clients being strong-armed into giving up their contracts.
LE's agent JP Barry was given permission to find another team to trade to, but it's almost December and there's no smoke on that front, so he could recommend the Alzner, Ladd route and just play in Utica, I believe this also frees up almost a million in cap space.

Or maybe a Bogosian situation happens, god willing:
Right before the 2020 Trade Deadline, the Buffalo Sabres waived Zach Bogosian and assigned him to the Rochester Americans – only for him to refuse the assignment. The Sabres then set a deadline of their own for Bogosian to report to Rochester, and when he no-showed they terminated his contract and wiped his cap hit from their books.

Bogosian signed in Tampa Bay shortly thereafter and won a Cup.
This would be a great story, but, for $5 million pre-adjusted covid dollars, I think Loui could find it just as comfortable riding pine in Utica as he would in Vancouver. Don't get me wrong. I hope he retires. But, there are no financial reasons for him to do so. Also, if he was terminated, and re-signed, it would be for $1million, or less. His desire to play would have to be so great, that even the casual onlooker could see the passion in his eyes and face. Dunno if anyone can say that Loui exudes passion. :P
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Loui is still owed 4 million dollars for the last year of his contract. He isn’t going to retire, and hopefully he doesn’t get into more than 29 more NHL games in a Canucks sweater.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”