LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The smoke shops in Gastown were the best thing as kids in the 70’s. You could by “rush” there. Who remembers those little bottles of “rush”? They were a fantastic gateway to huffing airplane model glue.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:05 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:02 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:50 pm You guys really need to get this thread back on topic
I agree. The next thing that happens will be Gomer cluttering up the thread with more links.

This thread is dedicated to bashing the twits at hfboards Canucks
Mathonwy drinks homo milk?

Right you are Hargraves.

Here's Mathowny's last post ever at this site, lol wut a dolt.

His heroes Higgins and Matthias never did a damn thing from this post on:

mathonwy wrote: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:35 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:Given Matthias age you don't give him a 5-6 year deal. If you do you run the risk of a Higgins/Burrows contract situation.
Higgins (31G/7G/19A/26P):
We're getting good value for Higgins. He is on a reasonable contract @ 2.5M for 4 years with a limited NTC and has been utilized almost exclusively as a 2nd line player. Comparables are:
- Mikael Boedker (25Y/14G/14A/28P)
- Brandon Prust (30Y/4G/9A/13P)
- Matt Cooke (36Y/4G/40A/8P)
- Brayden Schenn (23Y/11G/23A/34P)

Burrow's (33Y/12G/13A/25P): We're not getting good value for Burrows. His contract @ 4.5M for 4 is too much for his current year production. Comparables are:
- David Backes (30Y/19G/21A/40P)
- Teddy Purcell (29Y/8G/19A/27P)
- Erik Cole (36Y/17G/14A/31P)
- Max Pacioretty (26Y/29G/23A/52P)
- Martin Erat (33Y/8G/18A/26P)

I don't share your concern of signing Matthias to Burr/Higgins contract mainly because all three players bring different skillets and are in different contract situations. Higgins = Good Value. Burr = Bad value combined with signing for 4 additional years at age 32.

Matthias is 26 and as I've shown in my research, his classification as a 3rd line player may be due to a stunted player development process in Florida. His junior numbers paralleled that of Matt Beleskey and Matt currently is a top 6 player on Anaheim. The main difference between Beleskey and Matthias is height with Beleskey at 6'0 and Matthias 6'4.

Are you firm in your opinion of Matthias as a 3rd line player with some top 6 talent? Because I'm not. Based on how aggressive he's playing right now and how easy he's making it look I think Matthias is ready to bust out as a 50+ point player. A current player that I see as similar to Matthias is Wayne Simmonds. Simmonds has much better career numbers but he's also played for much better organizations in the Kings and the Flyers. Anther interesting stat is Matthias's OHL numbers are MUCH better than Simmonds. There's a 47 point difference in their last season of junior.

I'd like to see Desjardins bump him up to the 2nd line to play with Vrbata and Bonez (when he comes back) to see what can do. We could have a diamond in the rough in Matthias.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:19 pm I remember taking the Pacific Coach Lines bus down King George Hwy into the bus depot at the Royal Towers Hotel in New West and getting the all day bus pass on Sundays when I was 12-13. Hop on the PCL, light up a smoke and before I new it I was in the big city (New West). Get on the trolley bus, buy that pass, light up another smoke (you need at least half a pack for the trip). I remember lighting up a smoke and wandering around Woodward's when it was open, it was closed on Sundays of course. I enjoyed just seeing the sights back then.
The Pacific Coach from N. Delta to New West. Fries and gravy at the Royal Towers, Kelly's Records at 6th and Columbia, the guys grwoing old gracelessly sitting in the chairs outside the elevator on the rooftop parking deck of Woodwards, trying to find a way to hop in one of those baskets for the grocery tunnel ride to the outdoor pick up.

Finally had a beer at the Royal Towers after seeing Scarface in the theatre with my brother and a buddy of his who lived in that neighbourhood.

Skipping school to hop a bus downtown from Burnaby to hang around A&B.

Grade 5 in N Delta, buddies and I scraping together 50 cents to buy smokes at 84th and 112th and arguing over Players Filter or Export then hanging out smoking and copping feels with our girlfriends in the dugouts of the just built Mackie Park (used to be a pig farm, same with Grey Elementary, Sands Jr High).

and Mathowny, I'm glad all three brought different skillets, it made the pot luck dinner so much better.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:07 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:19 pm I remember taking the Pacific Coach Lines bus down King George Hwy into the bus depot at the Royal Towers Hotel in New West and getting the all day bus pass on Sundays when I was 12-13. Hop on the PCL, light up a smoke and before I new it I was in the big city (New West). Get on the trolley bus, buy that pass, light up another smoke (you need at least half a pack for the trip). I remember lighting up a smoke and wandering around Woodward's when it was open, it was closed on Sundays of course. I enjoyed just seeing the sights back then.
The Pacific Coach from N. Delta to New West. Fries and gravy at the Royal Towers, Kelly's Records at 6th and Columbia, the guys grwoing old gracelessly sitting in the chairs outside the elevator on the rooftop parking deck of Woodwards, trying to find a way to hop in one of those baskets for the grocery tunnel ride to the outdoor pick up.

Finally had a beer at the Royal Towers after seeing Scarface in the theatre with my brother and a buddy of his who lived in that neighbourhood.

Skipping school to hop a bus downtown from Burnaby to hang around A&B.

Grade 5 in N Delta, buddies and I scraping together 50 cents to buy smokes at 84th and 112th and arguing over Players Filter or Export then hanging out smoking and copping feels with our girlfriends in the dugouts of the just built Mackie Park (used to be a pig farm, same with Grey Elementary, Sands Jr High).

and Mathowny, I'm glad all three brought different skillets, it made the pot luck dinner so much better.
In each and every human being to have graced this earth, past, present and future lies a great American novel. Very Raymond Carver of you, Topps, love it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:38 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:05 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:02 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:50 pm You guys really need to get this thread back on topic
I agree. The next thing that happens will be Gomer cluttering up the thread with more links.

This thread is dedicated to bashing the twits at hfboards Canucks
Mathonwy drinks homo milk?

Right you are Hargraves.

Here's Mathowny's last post ever at this site, lol wut a dolt.

His heroes Higgins and Matthias never did a damn thing from this post on:

mathonwy wrote: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:35 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:Given Matthias age you don't give him a 5-6 year deal. If you do you run the risk of a Higgins/Burrows contract situation.
Higgins (31G/7G/19A/26P):
We're getting good value for Higgins. He is on a reasonable contract @ 2.5M for 4 years with a limited NTC and has been utilized almost exclusively as a 2nd line player. Comparables are:
- Mikael Boedker (25Y/14G/14A/28P)
- Brandon Prust (30Y/4G/9A/13P)
- Matt Cooke (36Y/4G/40A/8P)
- Brayden Schenn (23Y/11G/23A/34P)

Burrow's (33Y/12G/13A/25P): We're not getting good value for Burrows. His contract @ 4.5M for 4 is too much for his current year production. Comparables are:
- David Backes (30Y/19G/21A/40P)
- Teddy Purcell (29Y/8G/19A/27P)
- Erik Cole (36Y/17G/14A/31P)
- Max Pacioretty (26Y/29G/23A/52P)
- Martin Erat (33Y/8G/18A/26P)

I don't share your concern of signing Matthias to Burr/Higgins contract mainly because all three players bring different skillets and are in different contract situations. Higgins = Good Value. Burr = Bad value combined with signing for 4 additional years at age 32.

Matthias is 26 and as I've shown in my research, his classification as a 3rd line player may be due to a stunted player development process in Florida. His junior numbers paralleled that of Matt Beleskey and Matt currently is a top 6 player on Anaheim. The main difference between Beleskey and Matthias is height with Beleskey at 6'0 and Matthias 6'4.

Are you firm in your opinion of Matthias as a 3rd line player with some top 6 talent? Because I'm not. Based on how aggressive he's playing right now and how easy he's making it look I think Matthias is ready to bust out as a 50+ point player. A current player that I see as similar to Matthias is Wayne Simmonds. Simmonds has much better career numbers but he's also played for much better organizations in the Kings and the Flyers. Anther interesting stat is Matthias's OHL numbers are MUCH better than Simmonds. There's a 47 point difference in their last season of junior.

I'd like to see Desjardins bump him up to the 2nd line to play with Vrbata and Bonez (when he comes back) to see what can do. We could have a diamond in the rough in Matthias.
That mathonwy quote is gold! Did you notice he did research to come up with that idiotic take. True genius that mathonwy.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/174572780/

lol what an enraged little guy. ‘I run the hot dog stand at Costco’ seething with anger while 300 pound tantalum sweats bullets wondering if he will get his daily tube steak.

MS gets beat on by poster “ sting” later in the thread. Tant salivates :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/174572780/

lol what an enraged little guy.
Oh wot a tangled web he's wove, he's nothing more than a shitty troll at this point...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:07 pm https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/174572780/

lol what an enraged little guy. ‘I run the hot dog stand at Costco’ seething with anger while 300 pound tantalum sweats bullets wondering if he will get his daily tube steak.

MS gets beat on by poster “ sting” later in the thread. Tant salivates :lol:
MS is seriously mentally challenged or something. Videos, comments or anything pro JB is wrong but reading between the lines is OK for him to make his accusations. This guy really needs to get a life or we may see him raging out at some poor person who wants him to wear a mask.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm ... we may see him raging out at some poor person who wants him to wear a mask.
If he had a brain he'd jump at a chance to wear a mask so people wouldn't recognize him as "that hotdog guy".

But then if he had a brain he'd realize being recognized as the hotdog guy is a bad thing.

Also if he had a brain he'd do better than hot dog guy.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

MS is going bananas in the management thread. Fuck I wish we had the archives of the old CC. We used to get him chasing his tail and losing his shit regularly. Doc and THINKER can absolutely confirm this. Jesus what an angry little gaffer :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Someone needs to give him a hug. Buddy is losing his marbles over there. Any of you that post there... tell him it will be all right. He will still get to be hotdog boss tomorrow.... all is not lost. :lol:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:39 pm MS is going bananas in the management thread. Fuck I wish we had the archives of the old CC. We used to get him chasing his tail and losing his shit regularly. Doc and THINKER can absolutely confirm this. Jesus what an angry little gaffer :lol:
Does anyone know where Thinker wound up?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

THINKER is in the wind. probably shacked up with Wids in some cheap hotel in Keremeos waiting out COVID 19.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ole THINKER was pretty good at pushing buttons. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The... the fiends! They've assimilated my old pal Rummy! :cry:

I made the mistake of checking the latest page of that dreaded thread.

Here's a vid of what I saw:

Left to right: Luckylarry, Rummy, I Am Toxic.

GOOBLE GOBBLE :(
____
Try to focus on someday.