LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:25 pm lol checking that 2017 nhl draft thread, here are a few gems.
Y2k picks for 4th OA Vilardi and 5th OA Mittelstadt/Glass.

right after drafting Petey: "****ing idiots!" & "Blown pick. Stupid ****ing idiots "

Y2K: "Going to be funny quoting the people who love this pick when we look back and see Vilardi was the better pick."

Nuckles: "*sigh* Pettersson is fine...shouldn't have passed on Vilardi though... "

MS at draft day:
"Should be Vilardi.
Expecting Glass.
Glass is such a meh result but I'd almost be relieved because I think they could do something a lot dumber."

Oct after draft: "I would have taken Vilardi at #5 (although Pettersson was my 2nd choice) and had Heponiemi at 33. Just so I don't get accused of hindsight, I did call Heponiemi a guy who should go in the first round in a post on the prospects board"
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:21 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:25 pm MS at draft day:
"Should be Vilardi.
Expecting Glass.
Glass is such a meh result but I'd almost be relieved because I think they could do something a lot dumber."

Oct after draft: "I would have taken Vilardi at #5 (although Pettersson was my 2nd choice) and had Heponiemi at 33. Just so I don't get accused of hindsight, I did call Heponiemi a guy who should go in the first round in a post on the prospects board
"
You should check the 2018 thread, that same guy was bummed for days that we took Hughes instead of his choice, Noah Dobson :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In fairness there was about 90 % of this board that wanted Vilardi/Glass and Dobson. Thing is, now people understand that while those might have been solid picks and will probably become very good players, Canucks management nailed it. Right now it looks like Vancouver scored a top
3 player in both drafts picking from 5 and 7.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:12 pm In fairness there was about 90 % of this board that wanted Vilardi/Glass and Dobson.
I'm fairly certain that is incorrect.

I remember in particular there was a large group of us who were sold on Petey pre-draft.

And I think things were similar in regards to Hughes.

But that's not the point...

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:12 pm Thing is... Canucks management nailed it.
Yes, that is the thing!

Those mongoloids over there criticize Canucks management in ways like:

"we think Benning's intent was to blah blah blah, therefore they're horrible"

... when the reality is Canucks management is conducting a lovely rebuild.

They keep trying to convince themselves they could do a much better job of running things.

... which is why I :lol: :lol: :lol: when management proves those mongoloids are delusional.

(as in Skyo's post above, for example)

Seriously I feel I have had people... like some of those folks... committed over the years.

They are... as we say in the biz... "out there". :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There were folks that said they liked about fifteen or twenty different players depending on what day it was just to cover their ass and say they always liked this guy or that guy.

But at the end of the day the Canucks scouting staff appear to have hit two bombs. Kudos to them. That’s why they get paid the big bucks.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

But you do see why I was LOLing at the mongoloids right? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

“I don't think the majority of Canucks fans hate Benning, though. There is, however, a contingent of fans that Brian Burke referred to as the "lunatic fringe" (i.e. HFBoards Canucks) that have an unbridled, almost unhealthy hate for the man. He's made some mistakes, without a doubt, but he's also made some very impressive moves that have positioned the Canucks very well for the future. Even with all that, Bennings detractors have referred to him (quite frequently) as "the worst GM of all time" and spend a significant portion of their lives dedicated to spewing vitriol at the guy (with endless message board arguments, comic strips, petitions, twitter wars, etc.).

The silent majority are on the fence, especially with the more recent upward trend. But, if you ask the "lunatic fringe", his horrifyingly incompetent legacy will be "felt for decades to come" and it's only a matter of time until they have to tear it down and do an "actual rebuild".

An hfboards post by nowhereman (is he one of you guys?)

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 718/page-3
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:47 pm But you do see why I was LOLing at the mongoloids right? :mrgreen:
Absolutely and I’m right there with you :mex: and this is why we are on page 160,.... those meat puppets still can’t give Elmer any credit for drafting a pair of franchise players
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:52 pm “I don't think the majority of Canucks fans hate Benning, though. There is, however, a contingent of fans that Brian Burke referred to as the "lunatic fringe" (i.e. HFBoards Canucks) that have an unbridled, almost unhealthy hate for the man.
Well stated sir.

It is an embarrassment that they have set up a tard camp in Canuckdom though.

That's never happened before.

Our very own CHAZ (Canucks Hillbilly Autonomous Zone). :oops:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

More confirmations that Bleach Clean is the Supreme Douche

Let’s review his post from 2:25am this morning.

“There are two key areas where your rebuttal falls apart:” - Very douchey especially the usage of rebuttal - extremely douchey

“1) Dismissing reports as speculation when these reports are sourced.” - More douche

“2) Ignoring the media arbitrarily.” - douchey big words

“Granted, you do in fact acknowledge that it is the media, and not the fans, that are driving this story. That is a key point in favour of your reply.” - douchey piling on of the previous douche

“The media has chosen to marginalize Benning’s known impact upon the drafts. You suppose this motivation is due to wanting clicks, but why now and not before?” - douche leading

“They choose now to reveal this, I think, because more and more insiders are recognizing Benning’s detrimental impact behind the scenes. This is why sources are revealing more information.” - douche speculating and the use of the supreme speculative douche term - ‘sources’

“Last, it's very difficult to arbitrarily dismiss the media when they are near unanimous in what they have to say. How do you think that comes across here?” - the use of douche word - arbitrarily, again. And douche generalizing with “unanimous”

Bleach Clean the Douche King. Posted 2:25 am. Let that sink in
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:53 am
He was up nuking cheeze wiz into his Doritos and thought he better write one last post before his grandma unplugs his internet
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am
He was up nuking cheeze wiz into his Doritos and thought he better write one last post before his grandma unplugs his internet
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172311786/

head down..there are 2 more lectures.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:33 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172311786/

head down..there are 2 more lectures.
:lol:

She plugged it back in i see
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172333358/

‘Often times hf opinions are more accurate than the manager’

Listen Neckbeard. You aren’t getting a gig with an NHL team anytime soon. Now go back to serving Happy Meals and Big Macs. You know, shit you’re actually qualified to do.

“He’s one of us”

Never change guys. You’re highly fucking amusing. :lol:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Someone should drop in there with a
“Hockey lives matter”
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.