Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 am The Canucks were offering 4.25 over three years so they obviously don’t think 4.5 is too outlandish for a Tanev.
I heard we offered 2 years. I would have been fine with giving Tan-Man 2 years, maybe 3, but would definitely pass on 4. There's still lots of time and there's a small chance we can still get a guy like Travis Hamonic on a 1 year team friendly deal. If we can add Schmidt-Hamonic to our D core over losing Tanev-Stecher, that would be a huge upgrade and would look quite deep there. Instead of our D being a weakness, it'll look like a strength.

Edler-Schmidt
Hughes-Hamonic
Benn-Myers

-Rafferty/Juolevi/Chatfield battle our for 7th spot.

If we don't add anyone, we'll just have to go with one or two of our young guys. Not my first choice, but will roll with it. I'm actually quite bulllish on Rafferty and am curious what we have in the 3 of them anyways.
I'm scared off of Hamonic myself. I keep reading from Calgary fans that Hamonic's game has fallen off to a point where he's now just a glorified third pairing D-man now looking for too much contract. In other words you're paying big bucks for a Luke Schenn/Zach Bagosian sort of depth guy on your roster. With our top four D looking really solid I would guess Jimmy is just patiently angling to add a cost-friendly 6/7 hole vet now. Jan Rutta, Michael Stone, Benny Hutt etc.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The game changed on Hamonic
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:11 pm I'm scared off of Hamonic myself. I keep reading from Calgary fans that Hamonic's game has fallen off to a point where he's now just a glorified third pairing D-man now looking for too much contract. In other words you're paying big bucks for a Luke Schenn/Zach Bagosian sort of depth guy on your roster. With our top four D looking really solid I would guess Jimmy is just patiently angling to add a cost-friendly 6/7 hole vet now. Jan Rutta, Michael Stone, Benny Hutt etc.
Really? I heard that some Flame fans wanted him back, character guy that would go to battle for his mates. Still a good NHL D-man that can play up and down the pairings and can play top 4 minutes as well. I know he had a bit of a tuff year, but the season prior his numbers were pretty solid. He's obviously not as good defensively as Tan-Man, but I don't think he's by no means poor there and I think he brings other intangibles/assets to the table. If he's fairly cheap on a short-term deal, I think JB should do it.

I won't mind Rutta and Stone on cheap 1 year deals as backup plans. As much as I liked B Hutt when he was here, I think I'd pass on him. We have Huggy and Schmidt to be our offensive puck movers now, so I'd rather have a defensive minded player, preferable RS guy on our bottom pairing.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:47 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:11 pm I'm scared off of Hamonic myself. I keep reading from Calgary fans that Hamonic's game has fallen off to a point where he's now just a glorified third pairing D-man now looking for too much contract. In other words you're paying big bucks for a Luke Schenn/Zach Bagosian sort of depth guy on your roster. With our top four D looking really solid I would guess Jimmy is just patiently angling to add a cost-friendly 6/7 hole vet now. Jan Rutta, Michael Stone, Benny Hutt etc.
Really? I heard that some Flame fans wanted him back, character guy that would go to battle for his mates. Still a good NHL D-man that can play up and down the pairings and can play top 4 minutes as well. I know he had a bit of a tuff year, but the season prior his numbers were pretty solid. He's obviously not as good defensively as Tan-Man, but I don't think he's by no means poor there and I think he brings other intangibles/assets to the table. If he's fairly cheap on a short-term deal, I think JB should do it.

I won't mind Rutta and Stone on cheap 1 year deals as backup plans. As much as I liked B Hutt when he was here, I think I'd pass on him. We have Huggy and Schmidt to be our offensive puck movers now, so I'd rather have a defensive minded player, preferable RS guy on our bottom pairing.
If Hamonic is looking for 4 million+ per at this point, he's going to waiting a long time. Certainly isn't anything we can do. Why would we want
a 30 yr. old recliner decliner anyways. It has to be considered why the Flames left their guy unsigned and went big on CT.

We're going to stop pasting 30 something yr. old guys onto the payroll. No point right now. We got Juolevi, Rafferty and Rathbone plus intangibles
status unknown when available to go with so why spend what we don't have.

Besides; Bottom six needs an upgrade. :P
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:17 am If Hamonic is looking for 4 million+ per at this point, he's going to waiting a long time.
Why on Earth would you think Hamonic is looking for "4 million+ per at this point"? :wow:

At this point... he'd be lucky to get half that.

Micky is valiantly fighting the strawman he created.

Todd suggested a "1 year team friendly deal".

If Jimmy could dump Benn and sign Hamonic for one year at $1.8M I'd be in favour of dat dere.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:00 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:17 am If Hamonic is looking for 4 million+ per at this point, he's going to waiting a long time.
Why on Earth would you think Hamonic is looking for "4 million+ per at this point"? :wow:

At this point... he'd be lucky to get half that.

Micky is valiantly fighting the strawman he created.

Todd suggested a "1 year team friendly deal".

If Jimmy could dump Benn and sign Hamonic for one year at $1.8M I'd be in favour of dat dere.
I think he's looking for plenty more than you think. Doesn't matter. I know your just trying to fill a need for a year but I'd rather go with our own
at this point. Gotta wonder why he's still available. My thoughts are we have enough experienced, big presence dudes in the room now.

We are going to make that 2016 1st round pick a great one yet!!
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:39 pm I think he's looking for plenty more than you think.
Yeah, you think he's looking for a raise after a poor season and in revenue-challenged Covid season. :lol:

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:39 pm Doesn't matter. I know your just trying to fill a need for a year but I'd rather go with our own

at this point.
Well the difference between $4M+ with term and $1.8M on a one year deal... matters.

I suggested replacing Benn (our own) with Hamonic.

You disagree?

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:39 pm Gotta wonder why he's still available.
He wants to play for a team in western Canada to be close to his ailing mother.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:50 pm

You disagree?
Not with that, but who buys Jordie at 2? Hamionic I doubt plays for 2. If this happens I wouldn't be sour.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:18 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:50 pm

You disagree?
Not with that, but who buys Jordie at 2? Hamionic I doubt plays for 2. If this happens I wouldn't be sour.
It's far from an immovable contract Micky!

$1.6M real bucks left on dat dere.

Trade him to a team that could use him on the bottom pairing.

Take back an AHL player on a small bucks one-way NHL contract.

Or throw in a bit of a sweetener, whatevs...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Louise Eriksson aka the Air Thief is 30 games away from 1000. How is that ceremony going to play out? It might be time to ship his ass out regardless of the cost. Either that or make damn sure he doesn’t suit up for more than 29 games over the next two seasons. :twisted:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:36 am Louise Eriksson aka the Air Thief is 30 games away from 1000. How is that ceremony going to play out? It might be time to ship his ass out regardless of the cost. Either that or make damn sure he doesn’t suit up for more than 29 games over the next two seasons. :twisted:
That is some Messier level nastiness. I respect that.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:36 am Louise Eriksson aka the Air Thief is 30 games away from 1000. How is that ceremony going to play out? It might be time to ship his ass out regardless of the cost. Either that or make damn sure he doesn’t suit up for more than 29 games over the next two seasons. :twisted:
The fact he was benched in the playoffs doesn’t bode well for him playing as a canuck unless there’s a crap ton of injuries. Green’s done with him.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Tciso wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:54 am
That is some Messier level nastiness. I respect that.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am strangely comfortable with this.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:39 pm
I think he's looking for plenty more than you think. Doesn't matter. I know your just trying to fill a need for a year but I'd rather go with our own

at this point. Gotta wonder why he's still available. My thoughts are we have enough experienced, big presence dudes in the room now.
Do you do this on purpose? Or do you think a new paragraph was warranted between own and at? I’m the last guy that’s a grammar nazi but this gibberish is difficult to read.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”