2020 NHL OFFSEASON

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL OFFSEASON

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think they will be adding a veteran or two for $1,075,000.00 or less that they can bury if they need to. They will leave room for kids to make the team but they won’t be gifted spots.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Benning would be wise to have a look at the Rathbone kid before throwing money away on another Jordie Benn type. JR is an intriguing possibility and could surprise.

Up front I can see them looking for an affordable veteran option outside of the organization though. I was thinking Lind might be that candidate but it sounds like hes more of a 3rd line level guy than a top 6. They could sure use a larger guy who can throw down... A modern day Sergio Momesso type to help the kids gain some space.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s not throwing money away when you can park the contract in Utica if a kid magically pushes a veteran down the depth chart. It’s called organizational depth. They are one injury from Benn stepping into the top 4.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:39 am It’s not throwing money away when you can park the contract in Utica if a kid magically pushes a veteran down the depth chart. It’s called organizational depth. They are one injury from Benn stepping into the top 4.
Delzaster is a vet who would come back for peanuts

:lol:

Na I'm good thx. Id rather push a kid up and live eith the odd mistake over some middling scrub who floats about and drags down morale
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If the kid can push a guy down the depth chart and out of the lineup, that’s great. This team should be past the days of giving spots to kids. And it’s not like any of these guys is a Quinn Hughes or Elias Pettersson. They are all pretty middling and in some cases weak prospects. I wouldn’t bring back Del Zotto but there are better options out there.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Benn is 33. May as well be 40 cause it's pretty much over. He plays out whatever this season is and he probably retires. Maybe he could have done
more on conditioning for himself but not every ones the same. Maybe Edler goes to 38, who knows. Can't see Jordie at anything over 8-10 minutes a game.
Ollie, Jack, Brogan, who knows. Maybe this year is a "let's see year" but I hope they can maneuver around the cap issues and bring in someone who
can play adequately AND fill in top four requirements when needed.
Can't speak for anyone else but our run in the playoffs recently was freaking great. More please!
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah, Jordie Benn is going to get his ice time slashed in half from 16 minutes to 8. Of course he will. :lol:
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:25 am Benning would be wise to have a look at the Rathbone kid before throwing money away on another Jordie Benn type. JR is an intriguing possibility and could surprise.

This might be Jimbros plan B if he can't find someone more than adequate at the right price before camp.
If no one excels to take a bottom pairing position I imagine the hunt will continue into the season
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jordie Benn is a bum and his brother Jamie whom Tryamkin rag dolled ferociously is way overplayed.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:40 am Jordie Benn is a bum and his brother Jamie whom Tryamkin rag dolled ferociously is way overplayed.
Great contribution
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Olli six three two hundred Juolevi will surprise!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 am Olli six three two hundred Juolevi will surprise!
I smell what the chef is cooking... :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:53 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 am Olli six three two hundred Juolevi will surprise!
Listen Rats McDougall, Olli is a man possessed!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:53 am
A big pot of horseshit?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:26 am Yeah, Jordie Benn is going to get his ice time slashed in half from 16 minutes to 8. Of course he will. :lol:
Doesn't quite workout in a mathematical sense does it. Well if he shaves he can cut the wind better and it's all good. LOL, still needs a partner too.
22/ 22 /16 for pairings 1,2,and 3. Yah; guess J Benn gets his last year in.
"evolution"