Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Bakersfield is a rough Califormia town filled with meth labs and crack houses. It will be a good test for ole Zach "12 Steps" Kassian
To soon Pacific Blue to soon lol in all seriousness the Late Great Johnny Carson used to speak highly of the great city of Bakersfield... Ummm maybe not so much...
Lol, ole Paddy my wife's family (fathers side) is from Bakersfield CA, that place makes Haney/Maple Ridge look like Disneyland. My father in law RIP wasn't a very nice human, putting it lightly.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Should canucks claim Rundblad on waivers?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:Should canucks claim Rundblad on waivers?
Hell no.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

olpaddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Bakersfield is a rough Califormia town filled with meth labs and crack houses. It will be a good test for ole Zach "12 Steps" Kassian
To soon Pacific Blue to soon lol in all seriousness the Late Great Johnny Carson used to speak highly of the great city of Bakersfield... Ummm maybe not so much...
Buck tooth Kassian will be whistling the Buckeroo's Bakersfield sound.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
Hell no.
I bet the oilers grab him. :o
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:
Hell no.
Could Rundblad be any worse than Weber?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Something I didn't know, or have any reason to, Kassian played with Taylor Hall on the 2010 Mem Cup Windsor Spitfires. Hall vouches for him. Another reason Charelli took the risk.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Wow Son of Dave has fallen a long way....http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-gagner-gome ... s-1.415374

We could have used him at c.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:Wow Son of Dave has fallen a long way....http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-gagner-gome ... s-1.415374

We don't have 3.2 in cap space but if Flyers were to retain 50% I'd trade for him, if we didn't have to give up much of anything. I'd trade them Vey, they retain 50%. He can't be any worse than Vey can he? He is on an expiring contract.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:Wow Son of Dave has fallen a long way....http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-gagner-gome ... s-1.415374

crazy days!

via patrick williams: Gagner has cleared waivers and been assigned to Lehigh Valley. Big boost for the Phantoms. #AHL
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Gagner sucks.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Rumsfeld wrote:Gagner sucks.
Does he suck more or less than Jake "the sky is falling" Virtanen?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Tciso wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Gagner sucks.
Does he suck more or less than Jake "the sky is falling" Virtanen?
He sucks a lot less than your contributions to this discussion.

Virtanen is our most important draft pick since the Sedins and he hasn't looked good at any level since his draft year. Of course he's only 19 you dunce, but that's not he point. We can only judge him on his last season and a half, and from what I've seen his offensive skills look like shit. Maybe you will be happy if our blue chip pick turns out to be a bottom six grinder, but I won't.

When a prospect is performing well you get all excited, when they look like shit it's "he's only 19"? Forget chicken little, that's chicken SHIT.

Are you happy with the pick then, Crisco? Would you make it again knowing what we know now about him and many of the kids picked after him? Are we forbidden to criticize his game lest it offend your homeristic sensibilities? Fuck off. :lol:

Or maybe you'd like to play the "lets wait and see for five years" game with every prospect. How ballsy of you.

Hopefully he turns it around, but I think it's realistic to have lowered expectations for this player. He doesn't look like a future first-liner. He's terrible with the puck and looks lost away from it. Bad at giving and receiving passes. His fabled shot looks weak. He didn't even look good in junior or the AHL last year.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Rumsfeld wrote: Are you happy with the pick then, Crisco? Would you make it again knowing what we know now about him and many of the kids picked after him?
I don't know who you're referring to, isn't their only one other 2014 first rounder (Dylan Larkin) playing in the NHL right now? Fabbri is back up, but isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Based on *half a season*, I don't think that:
- the 17 1RPs that haven't played in the NHL are a bust;
- the 1RPs that have already been sent down (Nick Ritchie, Ehlers, Pastrnak, Goldobin) can be written off as busts;
- Virtanen, to me, still looks like roughly the 6th best player in the 1st round, maybe 8th or 9th best player.

Virtanen made the birthday cutoff by a month for the 2014 draft, so he's one of the youngest, plus he missed 4 months recovering from shoulder surgery.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ESQ wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Are you happy with the pick then, Crisco? Would you make it again knowing what we know now about him and many of the kids picked after him?
I don't know who you're referring to, isn't their only one other 2014 first rounder (Dylan Larkin) playing in the NHL right now? Fabbri is back up, but isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Based on *half a season*, I don't think that:
- the 17 1RPs that haven't played in the NHL are a bust;
- the 1RPs that have already been sent down (Nick Ritchie, Ehlers, Pastrnak, Goldobin) can be written off as busts;
- Virtanen, to me, still looks like roughly the 6th best player in the 1st round, maybe 8th or 9th best player.

Virtanen made the birthday cutoff by a month for the 2014 draft, so he's one of the youngest, plus he missed 4 months recovering from shoulder surgery.
Virtanen shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL right now, and wouldn't be a top 20 pick if the draft happened tomorrow. He was struggling in Junior last season.

The kid needs a year or two of pro seasoning in the AHL. Right now he looks terrible.