Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2020/21

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2020/21

Post by Per »

Linus Karlsson played 13:08 minutes and assisted on the first goal as Karlskoga beat Modo 4-0 tonight.

Björklöven is off to a great start of the season. They have won all five games played so far in regulation, and is leading the league with games in hand. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:24 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:18 pm Somewhere in the moss covered ravines of Lynn canyon....a skulleted individual is furious
I believe midget tossing was created at the Dell Hotel or one of those dive bars in the mid '80s. When and where was skullet tossing created?
Look no further than the man who coined the term. You don’t learn these terms without the sordid experience of having been raised on the property that abuts to the Pickton Family Farm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:55 pm
mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:24 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:18 pm Somewhere in the moss covered ravines of Lynn canyon....a skulleted individual is furious
I believe midget tossing was created at the Dell Hotel or one of those dive bars in the mid '80s. When and where was skullet tossing created?
Look no further than the man who coined the term. You don’t learn these terms without the sordid experience of having been raised on the property that abuts to the Pickton Family Farm
Funny you mention that name. D & S Bulldozing which is owned by Dave Pickton is doing a shitload of work out in Pitt Meadows off Airport Way where I work. Dave Jr cut me off on the roundabout the other day. Robert is his uncle. Hargraves will not forget. :scowl:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 pm Linus Karlsson played 13:08 minutes and assisted on the first goal as Karlskoga beat Modo 4-0 tonight.

Björklöven is off to a great start of the season. They have won all five games played so far in regulation, and is leading the league with games in hand. 8-)
Hey Per any reports on a couple drafted players who look to be off to great starts; Jonathan Bergrenn and Philip Broberg....
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:06 pm
Per wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 pm Linus Karlsson played 13:08 minutes and assisted on the first goal as Karlskoga beat Modo 4-0 tonight.

Hey Per any reports on a couple drafted players who look to be off to great starts; Jonathan Bergrenn and Philip Broberg....
Wasn’t broberg the guy we wanted?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Drafted by the Red Wings and Oilers and playing in god-damned Skellefteå?! Wtf???
I can't see there would be any interest in that. :drink:

Not bad prospects, per se, but they have joined the dark side, and that's that.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Per wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:22 am

Drafted by the Red Wings and Oilers and playing in god-damned Skellefteå?! Wtf???
I can't see there would be any interest in that. :drink:

Not bad prospects, per se, but they have joined the dark side, and that's that.
This is a man that understands good old fashioned hockey hate.

I respect that
:D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

3:00 min.
Hoglander (21), with an assist at 2:22

I would definitely call this a scorer friendly environment
"evolution"
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Per;

With all the Swedes that are on the Flames now, is it time to switch teams :lol: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Geez, looks like Carter Camper is off to a great start in the SEL. He's second in league scoring at the moment playing for Leksands with 7-8-15 in 10 games. That's not too shabby, he wasn't nearly that productive for the Comets last year, you could see he was a really heady playmaker but the numbers were not eye popping. Bad Goalie was always grumbling about him being a #2 AHL center, not a true #1. Of course BG is never satisfied when it comes to his Comets :D

Anyway, have you seen Camper play for Leksand on tv or online yet @Per? I realize Umea was relegated so you won't have a chance to see him live I don't suppose?

https://www.quanthockey.com/shl/en/seas ... stats.html
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

So Bjorkloven are the "Birch Leaves' I guess. How about that eh.

Ex Comet and Canucks draftee currently plays there too I see. Go Bjorkloven :)
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Linus Karlsson had a good game tonight, two goals, 4 SOG, 2 PIM, 17:09 TOI.

But his Karlskoga lost anyway to the mighty Björklöven who have won all seven games so far in regulation. It got close tonight though. They had a 5-1 lead five minutes into the third period, when they took their foot off the pedal and let Karlskoga come within one goal. Linus scored Karlskoga’s 3rd and 4th goals, the last one after they pulled the goalie.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Highlights:

Last 2 goals by Linus Karlsson.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Linköping, where Costmar plays, have postponed their next game (against Malmö) because of a covid outbreak within the team. :(

No report on what players are affected.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Also, Björklöven beat Södertälje 3-2 13 seconds into ot (3 on 3) to continue their eight game winning streak. They still haven't lost this season. :thumbs:
Södertälje was the first team to manage to get a point against them. :evil:

Sneaky little play that leads to the game winning goal... in the beginning of the clip you can see Oscar Steen standing in the open door at the bench, then you see Fredrik Andersson going to the far side of the bench as Norpe sends the puck to the offensive blue line. The second Andersson reaches the boards, Steen takes off at the other side of the bench, leading to a breakaway.

The Södertälje players were immensely pissed off, and one of them got a game penalty after the game had ended! :lol:

This was a set play. You have to applaud the coach! :towel:

And, yes, I know Steen is a Bruin, but I like him as long as he wears green. :mrgreen: