Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 am There is no denying the guy has talent. His hockey sense, commitment and professionalism is in question.

Sure he pumped in some reg season goals but he sucked in the big games Todd. We were all ready for beast mode but all we got was Loui Eriksson Jr
He was kind of average in the big playoff games, but I wouldn't say he sucked though. He still contributed to the team in a minor way and his 2Gs were still pretty big in those games. One was a game tying goal in game #5 vs the Champion Blues, it led to us winning the game. The other was the opening goal vs Vegas in game #6, scoring first was huge vs the Knights as it forced to them to take chances and open things up.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:48 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 am There is no denying the guy has talent. His hockey sense, commitment and professionalism is in question.

Sure he pumped in some reg season goals but he sucked in the big games Todd. We were all ready for beast mode but all we got was Loui Eriksson Jr
He was kind of average in the big playoff games, but I wouldn't say he sucked though. He still contributed to the team in a minor way and his 2Gs were still pretty big in those games. One was a game tying goal in game #5 vs the Champion Blues, it led to us winning the game. The other was the opening goal vs Vegas in game #6, scoring first was huge vs the Knights as it forced to them to take chances and open things up.
Now he's a top six right winger. His center will be either Horvat, Pettersson or Miller. Sound daunting? It should. Gaudette, Sutter or (gulp) Eriksson or yet to be determined, could push for that spot. It's his to lose. Has to stay focussed. Something he hasn't been able to do, yet.
Grade A chances don't get better then this.
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:13 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 pm Virtanen's deal is pretty fair for both parties. If Benning can sign a decent veteran RHD on a short term deal I'd say he's had a very good off season.
Assuming LTIR for Ferland, a safe bet at this stage, there could still be room to squeeze in a Leivo and a Fantenburg, or their equivalent. I would let the prospective depth guys still looking for work to sweat it out a little longer and drive a really hard bargain if I were making the big Benning bucks.
I'd pass on both of those guys and combine what they'd offer them for one defenseman.
They're definitely not names that make the pulse race but I still think a couple of depth signings like those might come in handy even with a short season upcoming. Excluding Eriksson, Ferland and Baertchi I only count 12 forwards now so there's still a need for a cheap signing at rw I'd say. On D someone like Jan Rutta is one option I wouldn't mind bringing in on a cheap contract, He shoots right, is pretty big, he's not a slug and he played on a good team with good players the last couple of years.
I'm including both Hawryluk and Hoglander and his ELC when I visualize the lineup to give them 13 but not Sutter, the usual suspects you listed, or Bailey and Lind. I think it's easier to add a forward as they go along than on defense and a big part of compensating for the Markstrom loss is further strengthening the backend which the Tanev to Schmidt transition does help accomplish. Now they need a Stecher equivalent or upgrade whether it's Benn switching over, a Rutta signing which is a good idea too, or someone else.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Those type of signings are best made around camp or before the season starts to leave their options open. There will be unusually good deals on decent players that arent normally available.
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

At this point Leivo will probably be a PTO at someone’s camp until he shows he is recovered and capable. There are too many players available to see him getting a guaranteed contract.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:45 am At this point Leivo will probably be a PTO at someone’s camp until he shows he is recovered and capable. There are too many players available to see him getting a guaranteed contract.
... or a Calgary Flame.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm Stecher
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

WHich one of you fuckers is Patrick Hastings? I see he's always all over the facebook hockey sites talking shit to Shames, Laughs and Coilers fans

:lol:

Bravo good sir
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:18 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm Stecher
Is Doyle googling japanese companion dolls that look like young skin stretcher again?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:20 pm Is Doyle googling japanese companion dolls that look like young skin stretcher again?
I heard he got a great deal on a used one from Micky!

(and he tapes printout Troy faces on it according to unnamed sources)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:20 pm Is Doyle googling japanese companion dolls that look like young skin stretcher again?

Doyle and Mick's spit roast challenge
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 pm

What a disgustingly Evil Mind you have.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Notice he didn't deny it folks...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

‘If they draft Pettersson more of us will be joining the dark side’

‘I’d hate to lose young Gaunce’

:lol:
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Notice he didn't deny it folks...
____
Try to focus on someday.