Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:33 am Doyle better hop on the Benning Train now to avoid any further embarrassment to his questionable reputation
Hargraves has thrown bouquets at Elmer many times since 2017. Before that I threw boulders (mostly deserved) at him for the series of blunders he made during the early part of his tenure. Not sure why I need to constantly repeat this.
It's because you believe that if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:33 am Doyle better hop on the Benning Train now to avoid any further embarrassment to his questionable reputation
Hargraves has thrown bouquets at Elmer many times since 2017. Before that I threw boulders (mostly deserved) at him for the series of blunders he made during the early part of his tenure. Not sure why I need to constantly repeat this.
It's because you believe that if you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. :mex:
Yes that’s me...... a pathological liar. :lol: :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

No more so than Joseph Goebbels. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

After yet another thread was rudely derailed again, back to the contract for Jake Virtanen. Solid deal for both parties. Hopefully Jake can take another step next season and start acting more professionally and seize a top six wing spot that is there for the taking. He is a major meathead, so I’m hoping that the time he is spending with Tyler Myers will pay off. IF Virtanen and Gaudette can both find another gear, I have no concern about where the secondary offence is going to come from.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm After yet another thread was rudely derailed again, back to the contract for Jake Virtanen. Solid deal for both parties. Hopefully Jake can take another step next season and start acting more professionally and seize a top six wing spot that is there for the taking. He is a major meathead, so I’m hoping that the time he is spending with Tyler Myers will pay off. IF Virtanen and Gaudette can both find another gear, I have no concern about where the secondary offence is going to come from.
Gaudette strikes me as a guy who could suddenly blossom without any warning...much like Juolevi has recently. He has the right attitude and can fly when hes moving his feet. There is talent buried deep within that young man...come on kid. Unleash the cracker
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:46 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm After yet another thread was rudely derailed again, back to the contract for Jake Virtanen. Solid deal for both parties. Hopefully Jake can take another step next season and start acting more professionally and seize a top six wing spot that is there for the taking. He is a major meathead, so I’m hoping that the time he is spending with Tyler Myers will pay off. IF Virtanen and Gaudette can both find another gear, I have no concern about where the secondary offence is going to come from.
Gaudette strikes me as a guy who could suddenly blossom without any warning...much like Juolevi has recently. He has the right attitude and can fly when hes moving his feet. There is talent buried deep within that young man...come on kid. Unleash the cracker
Juolevi May yet blossom. We can hope.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm Juolevi May yet blossom. We can hope.
We're Canuck fans.... that's all we've fed off for 50 years...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm]

Juolevi May yet blossom.
Yes you are right he did already blossom but it was end of July not May I believe
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:03 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 pm Virtanen's deal is pretty fair for both parties. If Benning can sign a decent veteran RHD on a short term deal I'd say he's had a very good off season.
Assuming LTIR for Ferland, a safe bet at this stage, there could still be room to squeeze in a Leivo and a Fantenburg, or their equivalent. I would let the prospective depth guys still looking for work to sweat it out a little longer and drive a really hard bargain if I were making the big Benning bucks.
I'd pass on both of those guys and combine what they'd offer them for one defenseman.
They're definitely not names that make the pulse race but I still think a couple of depth signings like those might come in handy even with a short season upcoming. Excluding Eriksson, Ferland and Baertchi I only count 12 forwards now so there's still a need for a cheap signing at rw I'd say. On D someone like Jan Rutta is one option I wouldn't mind bringing in on a cheap contract, He shoots right, is pretty big, he's not a slug and he played on a good team with good players the last couple of years.
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Juolevi May yet blossom.
Yes you are right he did already blossom but it was end of July not May I believe
He played six minutes in a play in game. He’s got a ways to go yet. He’ll be 23 next year. It’s time to prove he was worth being drafted in the first round almost five years ago let alone being a top 5 pick.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Juolevi May yet blossom.
He played six minutes in a play in game. He’s got a ways to go yet. He’ll be 23 next year. It’s time to prove he was worth being drafted in the first round almost five years ago let alone being a top 5 pick.
This season might be sink or swim time for Juolevi.
Hope he gets 20+ games for a decent assessment
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:44 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Juolevi May yet blossom.
This season might be sink or swim time for Juolevi.
Hope he gets 20+ games for a decent assessment
Totally agree. They have to see what they have with the kid. Throw him in the deep end and let him go. He may never justify his draft position but that doesn’t mean he can’t become a useful NHL player.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

It was 6 minutes of play in but also a game in the ramp up after having a great camp where he showed he is finally well for the first time since his draft year+1.

This is the guy we drafted, not the broken down golf cart of a kid for years 2-4
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:52 pm It was 6 minutes of play in but also a game in the ramp up after having a great camp where he showed he is finally well for the first time since his draft year+1.

This is the guy we drafted, not the broken down golf cart of a kid for years 2-4
‘A great camp’

I guess you were there to witness this ‘great camp’ :lol:

Why is it so tough to say ‘yeah I hope he can make the next step’?

‘Virtanen is junk, Stecher is garbage’

Never change bro.

I’m back in the 50/50 Sativa /Indica blend. I’m thinking you are smoking straight finger gum at this point
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:52 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:52 pm It was 6 minutes of play in but also a game in the ramp up after having a great camp where he showed he is finally well for the first time since his draft year+1.

‘A great camp’

I guess you were there to witness this ‘great camp’ :lol:

Why is it so tough to say ‘yeah I hope he can make the next step’?

‘Virtanen is junk, Stecher is garbage’

Never change bro.

I’m back in the 50/50 Sativa /Indica blend. I’m thinking you are smoking straight finger gum at this point
I was transcendentally there yes

:mex:

Open up that 3rd eye Doyle, there are worthwhile trips you are missing out on