Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Mickey107 »

damonberryman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:07 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:19 am They could also pair up Schmidt with one of the prospects if the prospect looks ready in camp.
Schmidt with Rathbone would really push the pace.
I like this way of thinking! Really looking forward to camp! Betting Rathbone is gonna make it difficult for Green to ignore his talent.
At this point, it's probably Juolevi's to lose, we'll see. There will be injuries, (hope not), inevitably, so I think it wont be a long wait. Jack is
the real deal.
Why is he the 'real deal'?
This is just a very few highlights of what the Canucls have been seeing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nd5e5- ... e=emb_logo
It's a big step from college hockey but Brock did it and of course Quinn too.
"evolution"
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 pm HE BROKE THE STORY!! Image
Image What kind of club?
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:47 pm
I shall explain it to you why you are getting this message. Image
this is called lack of respect.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:07 am
It's a pretty consistent theme around here for you isn't it.....
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:20 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:32 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:00 pm Pretty sure everyone understood except Micky.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 39#p400639

Oh Micky. :lol:
Yes, that was very confusing.

It read like the confused ramblings of a senile old man (taking himself too serious :D )

Let's take a closer look at it shall we:

Micky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:18 pm
mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:45 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:41 pm Let’s hope his value is too low for other GMs to trade for then.
There’s still room in the Save Shotgun Jake Club people.
Yeah, but is Jake a member of the club?

I knew that would come up. Ya, I hated it too. I broke it. Furious I was. Pretty sure his team-mates were too. Was very ignorant.
There's another picture from that night that's worse.
He's got to have been appropriately admonished numerous times by pretty much the whole team, no?
I'm trying to keep my focus on what he can could still bring to the team with the applicable leash.
Sadder than him thinking Mr P was talking about the nightclub incident

... sadder than him using three 3-word sentences in a post, was:

"I broke it." :wow:

I had to think about it for a few seconds.... and then it came to me!

He's claiming he broke the story!

See, to crackhead reporter Mick McLinky, the first person to link to a story which everyone has already read about

... deserves an award of some kind!

HE BROKE THE STORY!! Image
I'll just drop this here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDzGMIFPk-w
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:36 am
Micky wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:07 am
It's a pretty consistent theme around here for you isn't it.....
Lol
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:54 pm
damonberryman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:07 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:19 am They could also pair up Schmidt with one of the prospects if the prospect looks ready in camp.
Schmidt with Rathbone would really push the pace.
I like this way of thinking! Really looking forward to camp! Betting Rathbone is gonna make it difficult for Green to ignore his talent.
At this point, it's probably Juolevi's to lose, we'll see. There will be injuries, (hope not), inevitably, so I think it wont be a long wait. Jack is
the real deal.
Why is he the 'real deal'?
This is just a very few highlights of what the Canucls have been seeing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nd5e5- ... e=emb_logo
It's a big step from college hockey but Brock did it and of course Quinn too.
That video is 10 months old but what i see there is a great wrist shot and he can hit the tape on the long bomb breakout passes.

What he will need to show to be a "real deal" is the ability to effectively defend against much bigger forwards in his own zone...much like how QH is able to.

Lets see some highlight packages with that Mickster
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:58 pm
nuckster wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 pm "One could make the case of Manager Jim evolving only if one uses a severely flawed narrative such as the one you just presented." (Dr. Strangelove)

My narrative may have had some holes, but dat statement right dare Doc, yeah, not making sense.

I'm entitled to a critique after being diced up and fried for supper. Truth is, I was trying to escape from the movie the ole lady had on; didn't even read the previous page (and I should have).

I get the impression on here that one has to subscribe to the 'JB is infallible club', or forever be maligned and ripped (like the Blob Mckenzies of the hockey world).

In this frikin covid bastard 'frump' world, it's probably a good idea to not take oneself, or other bloggers, too seriously.

By the way, I tried changing my handle last year, to a non-ster name and found out that the controls were childproof. Whst can i say. I think the whole 'ster' thing stems from SNLs influence in the 80s an 90s - not sure.
Cheers
C'mon man, plenty of Benning bashing goes on here unchallenged.

A backlash comes only when someone goes overboard, the timing is wrong, or the narrative is long and flawed.

Don't let my mocking of all things ster get to ya buds, I'm just having a little fun with it.

And I don't think anyone here takes himself/herself too seriously friend, in fact just the opposite!

We have have a long history of punting those doing dat dere to that other site.

It's the one unforgivable sin here bro!
I always felt that the one unforgivable sin was being a leaves fan?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Braden Holtby has decided to wear number 49. Maybe later he'll say why.

https://twitter.com/irfgaffar/status/13 ... 9122888706
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Anyone a bit pissed that if there is an all-Canadian division Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton won’t get to pound on the weak California teams now that they are just starting to suck, after years of them pounding on the Canucks. I’d much rather compete for a playoff spot against SJ, LA, ANA and VGK this season than MON, TOR, OTT and WIN. I want my pound of California flesh and an easier route to a playoff spot.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am Anyone a bit pissed that if there is an all-Canadian division Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton won’t get to pound on the weak California teams now that they are just starting to suck, after years of them pounding on the Canucks. I’d much rather compete for a playoff spot against SJ, LA, ANA and VGK this season than MON, TOR, OTT and WIN. I want my pound of California flesh and an easier route to a playoff spot.
Maybe it’s that or NO hockey at all
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

rats19 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:11 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am Anyone a bit pissed that if there is an all-Canadian division Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton won’t get to pound on the weak California teams now that they are just starting to suck, after years of them pounding on the Canucks. I’d much rather compete for a playoff spot against SJ, LA, ANA and VGK this season than MON, TOR, OTT and WIN. I want my pound of California flesh and an easier route to a playoff spot.
Maybe it’s that or NO hockey at all
Ummm, good point.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Another interesting tidbit from Vegas owner Foley:
"It's one reason why I was really in favour of keeping both goalies — I really felt like we're going to be playing four games in seven nights every week. There's going to be a back-to-back almost every week," he said. "...So I was always working to keep those two goalies in town."
Definitely glad Benning got Holtby under contract - if there's a back-to-back every week in a condensed schedule, we need a great 1-2 goalie tandem to stay afloat.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I want the early start times :)

The CDN division will be a good thing regardless. Lots of established hatred to get the competitive juices flowing
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 am Another interesting tidbit from Vegas owner Foley:
"It's one reason why I was really in favour of keeping both goalies — I really felt like we're going to be playing four games in seven nights every week. There's going to be a back-to-back almost every week," he said. "...So I was always working to keep those two goalies in town."
Definitely glad Benning got Holtby under contract - if there's a back-to-back every week in a condensed schedule, we need a great 1-2 goalie tandem to stay afloat.
Marty Biron says the Holtby signing was likely the best of all the UFA contracts thrown out so far. While Calgary and Coilerton were consumed with one-upping each other over Marky, the canucks snuck in there and snatched the golden goose