We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds hates the elderly!
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:17 am Mëds hates the elderly!
Mëds' Nana must've been a right cunt.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:23 pm The fact is, and I don't say this coldly, but the elderly are generally on their way out. Death is a necessary part of life, it comes for us all. Why are we pointing the finger at Covid and pandemic responses for people dying when they have already lived for 70 years and came to a slightly earlier end because of an unforeseen new virus?
So... basically, you’re saying we should write off Trump and swear in Pence? :o

A bit harsh, imho. With proper care he could quite possibly recover. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:29 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:23 pm The fact is, and I don't say this coldly, but the elderly are generally on their way out. Death is a necessary part of life, it comes for us all. Why are we pointing the finger at Covid and pandemic responses for people dying when they have already lived for 70 years and came to a slightly earlier end because of an unforeseen new virus?
So... basically, you’re saying we should write off Trump and swear in Pence? :o

A bit harsh, imho. With proper care he could quite possibly recover. :|
Where did I say anything about writing someone off. I simply said that it's not a massive failure when someone over 70 dies from an illness.

But you read it however you want. It's what you liberals centrists do.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BBC has revived their 80’s success series Spitting Image. Here is a clip about Typhoid Donny:

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well premeditated murder or gross incompetence.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Younger people who have had corona may suffer unforeseen consequences.

I just heard of a doctor in his mid to late thirties who had had corona but recovered. Two months later he went jogging and never came home. Autopsy didn’t really show anything. His heart just stopped for unknown reasons. Leaving a wife and two small children behind.

Maybe this clip offers an explanation:

And this is a death that does not enter the covid stats. He was cleared two months earlier and cause of death is listed as unknown.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 am Younger people who have had corona may suffer unforeseen consequences.

I just heard of a doctor in his mid to late thirties who had had corona but recovered. Two months later he went jogging and never came home. Autopsy didn’t really show anything. His heart just stopped for unknown reasons. Leaving a wife and two small children behind.

And this is a death that does not enter the covid stats. He was cleared two months earlier and cause of death is listed as unknown.
This is one concern that I have, whose to say he would not have died on this jog even if there was no COVID19. we are linking things (or not linking things ) to COVID19 when to suit our narrative.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm
Per wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 am Younger people who have had corona may suffer unforeseen consequences.

This is one concern that I have, whose to say he would not have died on this jog even if there was no COVID19. we are linking things (or not linking things ) to COVID19 when to suit our narrative.
Absolutely. It happens. But with those reports of inflammation of the heart in covid patients...
I mean healthy 30-somethings don't generally just drop dead for no reason.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 pm
2Fingers wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Absolutely. It happens. But with those reports of inflammation of the heart in covid patients...
I mean healthy 30-somethings don't generally just drop dead for no reason.
From the YouTube page of Dr. Moran.....

Coronavirus heart disease, will there be any long-term effects from COVID-19? I review 2 recent studies published in the Journal of the American Association this week. Many viruses cause heart disease through inflammation and subsequent heart failure, will the new coronavirus be shown to do the same thing?

.....he even says that at the end of his video.

The study of 100 recovering patients. 20% have MAJOR risk factors for cardiovascular disease and heart failure. Average age of 49. Willing to bet that a good chunk of those 100 people are 60+ and would already have diminished cardiac output and signs of CAD or ACS.

The comparison in regards to cardiac output is done against a control group, so not a contrast of the actual patients before and after Covid infection.

30-something year olds don't usually just drop dead. This one did. Like you said, it happens. Rarely, but it happens. Almost sounds like a Brugada Syndrome case. I'm not sure if that can be diagnosed on autopsy, should be doable though as there is genetic testing for it.....just not sure if they would go looking for that in depth. The fact that autopsy came back with that his heart just stopped working but for no apparent reason suggests to me that Covid wouldn't necessarily have been the cause based, particularly based upon what Dr. Moran shared in the video you linked where there is actual physical evidence of myocardial inflammation.

But since there is no evidence of it in that case, I have to ask why you bring it up at all other than to try an link something and create fear.....much like the rest of the leftist branches of the political spectrum whose causes you rally to support. :P
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

In the world of internet and 24/7 news and people trying to stay relevant (I mean how many times are the Kardashians going to have a cat fight) articles are posted, tests are done and numbers are thrown around like they are the only truth. Just recently I read a couple articles, one on that fact that a few people who tested positive, get better (good medical term there 8-) ) then become positive again. Are we surprised when you have 38.6 million people testing positive, I am certain a few, statistically, can become positive again.

The second article is around people who test positive and then 3 months later are having adverse health concerns, again without showing what the health concerns are this is a stupid article. When COVID19 first came out and they gave the symptoms, i.e. headache, sore throat, etc. etc. etc., shit I can get a headache from a long week of work, or tired, or didnt sleep well. Sore throat - really when so many have allergies. The problem is that most people want to be a stat, they want to have additional symptoms so they say yes I have had a headache, yes I have a sore throat or a runny nose. This does not mean it has sweet frack all to do with testing positive for COVID19. This article said it was based upon a survey/questionnaire, it was not done virtually or any blood work or anything. But it made good headlines and sold some advertising.

For the record, I do agree with a lot that Canada has done, this is to keep the # of people in the hospital to a minimum and ensure we have adequate medical supplies/beds available for those that need it. I may be going against what I just said above but everything I read I take it with a large grain of salt and realize it is all about key clicks, at the same time I do not want to overwhelm our medical system.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

So hey Fingers, how many body bags did you guys order? :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:56 pm So hey Fingers, how many body bags did you guys order? :)
None - it was taken over by the local health authority but I did get quotes.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

U.S. Virus Cases Climb Toward a Third Peak

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... iM6u_yKxxw