Canucks 2020 Draft Summary

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks 2020 Draft Summary

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Some good hockey names were called like every year with this year's standout being Gunnerwolfe Fontaine.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:05 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm It's got to be an Aho in the middle.
Perhaps move Per Djoos in the middle to give it some traction :mex:
Mëds wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:10 pm Does Mike Condon have a brother who plays pivot?
You both bring up interesting combos for line matchups.

On the one hand, a vet like Per Djoos would help a big, rugged Coxe slide onto the line with the smaller Aho and make the transition much easier and smoother.

But on the other hand a protector like Condon would safeguard and shield both Coxe and Aho from dis-ease on the ice.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:26 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:05 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm It's got to be an Aho in the middle.
Perhaps move Per Djoos in the middle to give it some traction :mex:
Mëds wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:10 pm Does Mike Condon have a brother who plays pivot?
You both bring up interesting combos for line matchups.

On the one hand, a vet like Per Djoos would help a big, rugged Coxe slide onto the line with the smaller Aho and make the transition much easier and smoother.

But on the other hand a protector like Condon would safeguard and shield both Coxe and Aho from dis-ease on the ice.
I think I'd be more comfortable with you behind the bench Carl.

You seem to have a firm grip on how to integrate the various moving parts into the whole.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Get to know Canucks draft pick Joni Jurmo
Interview;
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... s-looming/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson Kunz comments on being selected 113th overall by the Canucks during the 2020 NHL Draft.
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/draft ... /c-6794495
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAFT | RECAP W/ BENNING & HARVEY & A wee bit about Stecher near the beginning .
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/draft ... /c-6795262
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Canucks 5th round pick;
Brendan Batchelor@BatchHockey
Jacob Truscott mentions Tyler Motte living near him, Quinn Hughes being his favourite player, and Bill Muckalt coaching him. A few ties to the Canucks.
---------
Jacob Truscott describes himself as a two-way defenseman with offensive upside
--------
Jacob Truscott says he tries to model his game after Zack Werenski.
2:48 PM · Oct 7, 2020
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Jurmo sure can skate for a big guy. Hopefully one or two of these guys make it but positionally I was thinking they'd select a RHD and center earlier than they did.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm Jurmo sure can skate for a big guy. Hopefully one or two of these guys make it but positionally I was thinking they'd select a RHD and center earlier than they did.
JJ sure looks interesting. 8-)

He won the Pekka Marjamäki award in 2018/19 as best D-man in the Finnish U18 league, and had 23 points in 42 games, as they also won the Finnish U18 championship.

Last season he played in the U20 league and had 28 points in 43 games. The playoffs were cancelled, so no champions were named.

This season he is playing in the "real" Finnish SM-liiga. Only 2 games so far and no points, but with that size and a proven points scorer (mostly assists) at the junior level, yeah... I think he could be something. And he is still only 18!

Will be interesting to watch him at the WJC this xmas holiday. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Per wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:31 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm Jurmo sure can skate for a big guy. Hopefully one or two of these guys make it but positionally I was thinking they'd select a RHD and center earlier than they did.
JJ sure looks interesting. 8-)

He won the Pekka Marjamäki award in 2018/19 as best D-man in the Finnish U18 league, and had 23 points in 42 games, as they also won the Finnish U18 championship.

Last season he played in the U20 league and had 28 points in 43 games. The playoffs were cancelled, so no champions were named.

This season he is playing in the "real" Finnish SM-liiga. Only 2 games so far and no points, but with that size and a proven points scorer (mostly assists) at the junior level, yeah... I think he could be something. And he is still only 18!

Will be interesting to watch him at the WJC this xmas holiday. :thumbs:
Great info, I didn't know that thanks.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Read the CA write up on Dmitry Zlodeyev and he seems like an intriguing prospect. Zlodeyev, Jurmo, and Viktor Persson look like good gambles for a team without a 1st or 2nd round pick and I really like the Persson and Costmar selections at the end of the past two drafts versus the CHL long shots they typically would go for. Detroit had a bit of a run with Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and even Ericsson so you never know.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who did we draft again?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:20 am Who did we draft again?
Jussii Jusso or something :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Jurmom Jussoso
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!