Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
Stetcher is at best a mini pizza/pizza pop to be traded for a granola bar or a juice box with or without a straw
Stecher is one of those frozen, cauliflower crust abominations. It looks like a pizza, but it really isn't.
That's hard. A least a no-name brand pizza or some shit. Someone has to play 3rd pair/warm the press box waiting for injury.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

My god, do we need this trade or even a signing to happen fast!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:17 pm My god, do we need this trade or even a signing to happen fast!
Benning’s busy qualifying RFAs. Trades or UFA signings, you best check back Friday.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:14 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:06 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
Stetcher is at best a mini pizza/pizza pop to be traded for a granola bar or a juice box with or without a straw
Stecher is one of those frozen, cauliflower crust abominations. It looks like a pizza, but it really isn't.
That's hard. A least a no-name brand pizza or some shit. Someone has to play 3rd pair/warm the press box waiting for injury.
Alright. I'll upgrade him to Fresh Slice. Better than frozen, but that shit is still pretty bad in my books.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

"the trade is a done deal they're just waiting for the draft to get underway because there's a third party involved and picks one of which I'd expect to be in the first round today" Brian Burke
:wow:

Can this be real? I snarked it from twitter...ya twitter. dafuq!

https://twitter.com/DougJarvis20/status ... 5296444416
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

This was yesterday...Mick, you could've been linking this crap instead of the other crap!
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
23h
Getting word now that #Bruins are officially out on OEL. Price is to high for their liking when they can just simply resign Krug. #Canucks now the lone team for #Yotes to make a deal with. Price should come down for Van now.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:09 am This was yesterday...Mick, you could've been linking this crap instead of the other crap!
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
23h
Getting word now that #Bruins are officially out on OEL. Price is to high for their liking when they can just simply resign Krug. #Canucks now the lone team for #Yotes to make a deal with. Price should come down for Van now.
Imagine if the deal falls through because Loui refuses to wave his NTC - he was hated before here in Van......................
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doug fuckin Jarvis man! Mr Information!
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
26m
Absolutely. Vancouver #Canucks want picks so I've just got a hunch on this. Sounds like Jake Virtanen could be on his way to Beantown. There were rumors a couple weeks back that they were very interested in him.
Jake to Bahston eh. Interesting
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:49 am Doug fuckin Jarvis man! Mr Information!
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
26m
Absolutely. Vancouver #Canucks want picks so I've just got a hunch on this. Sounds like Jake Virtanen could be on his way to Beantown. There were rumors a couple weeks back that they were very interested in him.
Is this guy a 'legit source'?

For what it is worth: I have heard from a reliable source that Boston wants JV. However, the Canucks are scared shitless to trade him to Boston, they fear a Neely 2.0 situation.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

theman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:51 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:49 am Doug fuckin Jarvis man! Mr Information!
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
26m

For what it is worth: I have heard from a reliable source that Boston wants JV. However, the Canucks are scared shitless to trade him to Boston, they fear a Neely 2.0 situation.
Lol dunno...it sure sounds real :D

I dont think we need worry about Virtanen becoming another Neely at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we just enjoyed his career year tbh.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:04 am
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
26m

I dont think we need worry about Virtanen becoming another Neely at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we just enjoyed his career year tbh.
I don’t either, it just what I have been told.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Taj@taj1944
Murph on Stecher: He does not want to play for another team. This is who he wants to battle with.
8:03 AM · Oct 6, 202
Sounds cheap, :lol:
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
26m

Really? A career year?

Well, he did match Nico Hirschier's offensive totals, so its just as well, we can't afford to re-up Jake for $7 mil+! :lol:

Doyle, your thoughts?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The next Cam Neely? No. But Jake is upping his stats each year, and although his playoff performance helped Benning's negotiating position, I think he'll continue his (slow) upward trajectory for another year or two. Best case scenario, he's a decent 3rd liner who can move up when needed.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am
Doug Jarvis TSN Insider
@DougJarvis20
·
26m

Really? A career year?

Well, he did match Nico Hirschier's offensive totals, so its just as well, we can't afford to re-up Jake for $7 mil+! :lol:

Doyle, your thoughts?
Hischier is 21 and has averaged 53 points per 82 games over his career. Virtanen is 24 and has averaged 28 points per 82 games over his career. Virtanen’s career season matched Nico’s worst season, but Nico played 11 fewer games. Virtanen player on a high scoring team, Nico..... not so much.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”