Goalies moving forward.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What goalie situation is more palatable to you?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Signing Markstrom if it means losing Demko to a trade or expansion draft within a year.
22%
Not signing Markstrom if it means keeping Demko as the starter moving forward with a cheaper UFA backup.
78%

Total votes: 23

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Goalies moving forward.

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:46 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am “Eat my shorts” is considered an apology? :?
Sounds like more lies from Gomer.

I notice he didn’t post a link for this apology.
I'm not lying. Don't keep my PMs long. Doyle is talking about a second go round with the PMs. The first one he did say sorry.

None of it matters cause quite frankly, I don't give a damn.
If you don’t give a damn, why are you getting so worked up??

Perhaps now your lying to yourself??

A life filled with wax crayons, lies and a nickname of Gomer...
Crayons are non-toxic. Clearly the guy is chewing on pastels and Sharpie markers at this point.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:44 pm
Anyone who knows Blobby O'Doyle Hargraves around here knows that even the insinuation of an apology for something like that is an outright fabrication. If there was even an iota of truth to it Chef's inbox would be permanently full of apologies from Blobcat. :lol:
He doesn't remember. It doesn't mater I'm going to drop it and laugh at myself now, K ?

"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:53 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:44 pm
Anyone who knows Blobby O'Doyle Hargraves around here knows that even the insinuation of an apology for something like that is an outright fabrication. If there was even an iota of truth to it Chef's inbox would be permanently full of apologies from Blobcat. :lol:
He doesn't remember. It doesn't mater I'm going to drop it and laugh at myself now, K ?

Good on ya mick
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 am Mick is like a wildebeest and you guys are a pack of hyenas...

Run Mickdebeest! Dont let them circle you in

If i really focus I think I can hear Lorne Greene narrating the take down

Lorne Greene fell speechless.

Circle of life.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:41 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:01 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am “Eat my shorts” is considered an apology? :?
Sounds more like Post-coital dysphoria

:D
Big word.....what prompted you learn it Wiz? :look:

:P :lol:
The google search bar

:)

I was spell checking coital and something better popped up haha
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:32 pm Gohmert.... I can’t see myself apologizing for that. It’s not like we had an epic battle or anything. I remember you getting very angry and telling me you hated faggots and Jim Nabors and I think I told you to chill out.

Embrace the nickname. Be Naborsly to your fellow posters and take the hostility down a notch or two.
Yes Mick... won't you be our Nabors? 8-)

BTW folks are calling you STUPID when they call you Gomer (not calling you gay!)

How on Earth did you miss that one!

Oh yeah...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am
I will not be that name.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that :)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Not sure if this is crazy.

With Lundquist being bought out, he is basically already being paid for the 20/21 season and could be willing to sign for pennies on the dollar.

This is a guy who has been one of the best goalies in the world for the past fifteen years.

If we go the route of trading Markström, wouldn't this be a good mentor/backup for the Demigod?

It's not like he's suddenly crap. Just that NYR has two goalies that are younger, cheaper and at least as good.
Henrik still started 30 games the past season. He's 38, but hey, goalies are like wine... :look:

Think he'd be willing to sign for say 2x4 million?

Just thinking out loud here. :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 am Not sure if this is crazy.

With Lundquist being bought out, he is basically already being paid for the 20/21 season and could be willing to sign for pennies on the dollar.

This is a guy who has been one of the best goalies in the world for the past fifteen years.

If we go the route of trading Markström, wouldn't this be a good mentor/backup for the Demigod?

It's not like he's suddenly crap. Just that NYR has two goalies that are younger, cheaper and at least as good.
Henrik still started 30 games the past season. He's 38, but hey, goalies are like wine... :look:

If Markstrom leaves I can't see us spending more than $3M on another goaltender. The space could better be used elsewhere, especially when the goaltender market is as heavily saturated as it is this year.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want Lundqvist.

I think Lundqvist is going to sign with a team for cheap, but that team is going to be one of the conference finalists. Vancouver might have an outside shot, but they'll have to upgrade their blueline for anyone to take them seriously as having really opened the window for a shot in the next couple of seasons.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

You don't think he's going to insist on a full NMC?

The only benefit to signing Lundqvist is he might go one-year, and avoid the expansion draft problem.

Unless he agrees to be exposed only, in which case sign me up.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Agree, why we would sign Lundquist for more than a year? He is also 38 and his best years are behind him, I am not against signing him for to be a 1A and mentor for Demko but I would only do it for a year.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Forget about Lundquist. He's a New Yorker now with a family and has made millions. No way he is coming to the West coast and enduring all the travel for an low % chance at a cup. If he signs anywhere it will be on the East coast.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

theman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 am Agree, why we would sign Lundquist for more than a year? He is also 38 and his best years are behind him, I am not against signing him for to be a 1A and mentor for Demko but I would only do it for a year.
We do need to expose an NHL goalie in the X draft, and I don't know if Domingue would re sign for 2 years in the AHL just to be exposed. But if Henrik wants expansion protection, forget it.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:55 am

You don't think he's going to insist on a full NMC?

The only benefit to signing Lundqvist is he might go one-year, and avoid the expansion draft problem.

Unless he agrees to be exposed only, in which case sign me up.
Yeah just like Markus Naslund, he went to the NYR for a year, now it's Lundqvist's turn to play in Vancouver for year aha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I’m pretty sure you can expose a UFA that played for the team that year.
Lundquist at 38, if signed, would be a year-by-year contract.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.