2019-20 NHL Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019-20 NHL Playoffs

Post by Carl Yagro »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:44 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:22 pm Was everyone booing Bettman at home?
Bettman and the NHL should take a bow. I LOL at the anger a lot of folks have towards the guy. He’s a darn good commissioner at the end of the day... but yeah if you don’t like rodent looking smarmy fucks I can see why he’d be on your shit list.
No anger. Just noticeably absent during the presentation.
Would've been funny if they piped in some booing noises.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nikita Kucherov

"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Congrats to Tampa. They deserved it.

And to all those that think there should be an asterisk beside the champion, eat a hearty bag of dicks.. you can have them one at a time, or all at once. It matters not.

The asterisk means this was the hardest championship of the hardest championships EVER. When you consider the play in round, no families, life in the bubble, same food, same people for this long.. the mental strain would have been incredible.

Kudos to the league. They nailed it in an extremely trying period.

And to the players, thank you for the good hockey.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:54 pm Congrats to Tampa. They deserved it.

And to all those that think there should be an asterisk beside the champion, eat a hearty bag of dicks.. you can have them one at a time, or all at once. It matters not.

The asterisk means this was the hardest championship of the hardest championships EVER. When you consider the play in round, no families, life in the bubble, same food, same people for this long.. the mental strain would have been incredible.

Kudos to the league. They nailed it in an extremely trying period.

And to the players, thank you for the good hockey.
What he said! /|\

Well done Bolts!!
cc oldtimer
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:22 pm Was everyone booing Bettman at home?
Recurring sound loop at my house, 24x7x365*

*366 during leap years
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post gam///// maybe not

:P
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It sure pays to have a 6'6" 240 lb beast as your best defenseman. Hedman can sure absorb alot of punishment seemingly without it affecting his game.

I know Josi is a damn good player and all but if you were starting a team from scratch, how could you pick any other dman than VH first
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 am It sure pays to have a 6'6" 240 lb beast as your best defenseman. Hedman can sure absorb alot of punishment seemingly without it affecting his game.

I know Josi is a damn good player and all but if you were starting a team from scratch, how could you pick any other dman than VH first
Hedman keeps adding to the Örnsköldsvik individual hardware collection.
This one horse town with some 50,000 inhabitants so far has accumulated...

✓ Three Art Ross Trophies: Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Peter Forsberg

✓ Three King Clancy Memorial Trophies: Henrik Sedin 2, Daniel Sedin

✓ Two Hart Memorial Trophies: Henrik Sedin, Peter Forsberg

✓ Two Ted Lindsay Awards: Daniel Sedin, Markus Näslund

✓ One Calder Memorial Trophy: Peter Forsberg

✓ One James Norris Memorial Trophy: Victor Hedman

✓ One Conn Smythe Trophy: Victor Hedman

... and iirc he is the sixth Modo player to win the Stanley Cup:

Anders Kallur (4)
Tomas Jonsson (2)
Anders Eriksson
Peter Forsberg (2)
Samuel Påhlsson
Victor Hedman

Örnsköldsvik is not a place where I would like to live, but damn - there must be something in the tap water.... :hmmm:

Now, some would say it's because there is nothing else to do there, but that's not true. If you look at this streetview pic, you'll notice that right at the end of Main Street Örnsköldsvik (Centralesplanaden, to be exact), there is a ski jumping facility. And if you follow the road some 2-3 km ahead, there is a ski slope. Not a great one, but still.
Also, the large building to the left is the public bath, where you can go swimming.
And if you turn the pic 90 degrees to the left you see a mall. So there.

There are other things to do. But I guess hockey is the only one that matters.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:12 pm
Cornuck wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 pm I wasn't sure the NHL was going to pull this off, but kudos to the league for making it happen. Congrats to Tampa Bay - no asterisk to their Cup (unlike Reef's pool win ;) ).
You guys (said in Don Cherry's voice) are just jealous of my amazing ability.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 am Örnsköldsvik is not a place where I would like to live, but damn - there must be something in the tap water.... :hmmm:
Per, at this point you could probably get rich selling Örnsköldsvik tap water around the world. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:20 pm Zero positive tests! Thats a testament to how seriously everyone took the bubble, unlike in the USA. Kudos to Edmonton and Toronto too. Canada looks pretty good right now.
I'll admit I was wrong, I seriously doubted they could pull this off.

Kudos indeed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"analysts" talking about the Cup not being as hard to win this year versus others, it's a bit different for sure, I won't take anything from Tampa winning it, hard earned win. But it was a tad different this year with no insanity crowds screaming/booing your team on or against in different building atmosphere's.
Damian Cox:

Not as difficult to win a Cup when there’s no road games, no travel. Still a difficult thing to win it all. Tampa gave lots of sweat and blood to make this happen. But let’s not compare bubble hockey with the real thing.

https://twitter.com/DamoSpin/status/1310775098572447744
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 pm
Per wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 am Örnsköldsvik is not a place where I would like to live, but damn - there must be something in the tap water.... :hmmm:
Per, at this point you could probably get rich selling Örnsköldsvik tap water around the world. :drink:
Be some superb tax reducing strategies available :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:39 pm "analysts" talking about the Cup not being as hard to win this year versus others, it's a bit different for sure, I won't take anything from Tampa winning it, hard earned win. But it was a tad different this year with no insanity crowds screaming/booing your team on or against in different building atmosphere's.
Damian Cox:

Not as difficult to win a Cup when there’s no road games, no travel. Still a difficult thing to win it all. Tampa gave lots of sweat and blood to make this happen. But let’s not compare bubble hockey with the real thing.

Damian Cox- I could never play sports so I just report on them. I can’t grow hair either. Biggest idiot out there. Loser that couldn’t play, so he talked about it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:39 pm "analysts" talking about the Cup not being as hard to win this year versus others, it's a bit different for sure, I won't take anything from Tampa winning it, hard earned win. But it was a tad different this year with no insanity crowds screaming/booing your team on or against in different building atmosphere's.
Damian Cox:

That’s just cox (checks spelling of name vs. Reality of the person) trying to stay relevant in the cyber world.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.