Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Take Doyle with a grain of salt regarding Loui. He looks at the Loui situation like it’s the end of the world
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 am Many are labeling Eriksson unmovable. I would agree.
History has shown over and over that there's no such thing as an unmovable contract.
It would have to have one hell of a sweetener!
I salute your optimism & hope your right :drink:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:49 pm Take Doyle with a grain of salt regarding Loui. He looks at the Loui situation like it’s the end of the world
When you look at the numbers, it isnt that far fetched to imagine he would agree to terminate rather than head to rust city USA. Hes owed what...4 mill minus the escrow claw back?

The only problem I see with that scenario is going to be what team will offer him a guaranteed contract? I cant think he is going to get more than a PTO type of deal and if thats the case he might let Benning give him the sausage and milk the remaining load.
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:05 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:49 pm Take Doyle with a grain of salt regarding Loui. He looks at the Loui situation like it’s the end of the world
When you look at the numbers, it isnt that far fetched to imagine he would agree to terminate rather than head to rust city USA. Hes owed what...4 mill minus the escrow claw back?

The only problem I see with that scenario is going to be what team will offer him a guaranteed contract? I cant think he is going to get more than a PTO type of deal and if thats the case he might let Benning give him the sausage and milk the remaining load.
If Sam gagner can get an 850k contract Louie can get a 1.5m contract. As much as Doyle rages about him, he’s still incredibly responsible in the neutral and defensive zone, as well as a top notch pker. He also has ties with a bunch of coaches that like him and other franchises that liked him. If Louie wants to keep playing past this contract he’ll look for a new home where he can get ice time even if for just a year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Horrible post
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:28 pm Horrible post
We’ll see in the next 6 months.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:28 pm Horrible post
Is Booze back on the booze?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nobody will sign Louie the loser to a 1.5 million dollar a year deal. Get your head out of your filthy anus and start fighting for some air.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 pm If Sam gagner can get an 850k contract Louie can get a 1.5m contract. As much as Doyle rages about him, he’s still incredibly responsible in the neutral and defensive zone, as well as a top notch pker. He also has ties with a bunch of coaches that like him and other franchises that liked him. If Louie wants to keep playing past this contract he’ll look for a new home where he can get ice time even if for just a year.
As a UFA? Why would someone give an aging healthy scratch $1.5 million without another asset being attached to him? I'd be shocked.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 pm If Sam gagner can get an 850k contract Louie can get a 1.5m contract. As much as Doyle rages about him, he’s still incredibly responsible in the neutral and defensive zone, as well as a top notch pker. He also has ties with a bunch of coaches that like him and other franchises that liked him. If Louie wants to keep playing past this contract he’ll look for a new home where he can get ice time even if for just a year.
As a UFA? Why would someone give an aging healthy scratch $1.5 million without another asset being attached to him? I'd be shocked.
If they mutually terminate he will be a ufa.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:01 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 am
If they mutually terminate he will be a ufa.
And he will be lucky to get a tryout if he terminates. He is a horrible player.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

In any case it's clear Loui Eriksson time is done here, with the young guns coming in and cheaper options for a two-way defense game - LE's time was cut short this season and was used in just one game in the 7 game vegas series.

The longer he plays the waiting game, the worse his options will become.

JP Barry obviously telling him the hard truth about now, seeing as some teams like the NYR already dealt a cap dump to Detroit of the 5 teams with mass cap space.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Louis Eriksson = $ 269.667 thousand dollars per point for your Vancouver Canucks. 245GP / 89 points. That has to be worth something to someone
just for the purpose of, Look! I can make this guy better then the sum of his parts. If some GM is looking to bolster his reputation into a God like
status, this would do it.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

What is Loui's real trade cost. Detroit got a 2nd to take on Marc Staal, who's cap is $5.7, and cash is $3.2 (assuming signing bonus has been paid). Loui is only owed $5, and has a cap hit of $12. And, he's still a serviceable bottom 6 guy for a crappy team.

Staal seems to have set the price for Loui at around a 2nd, or maybe even a 3rd. Anything less is a great deal.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tciso wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am What is Loui's real trade cost. Detroit got a 2nd to take on Marc Staal, who's cap is $5.7, and cash is $3.2 (assuming signing bonus has been paid). Loui is only owed $5, and has a cap hit of $12. And, he's still a serviceable bottom 6 guy for a crappy team.

Staal seems to have set the price for Loui at around a 2nd, or maybe even a 3rd. Anything less is a great deal.
Staal only has one year left. Louise has two years. Staal isn’t a completely useless piece of shit. Eriksson is. These situations are not similar.