Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm The book is not written on Juolevi, Grasshopper
Certainly not, just pointing out that we could really use some young NHL-ready dmen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm The book is not written on Juolevi, Grasshopper
Certainly not, just pointing out that we could really use some young NHL-ready dmen.
I thought you were a preacher for a patient rebuild?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm
I am. Which is why I don’t want to make any trade that fixes one gap by creating another. Drafting/developing is the way to go. Hopefully Juolevi develops into a useful top-4 for us, but he’s not trending “impact player” like some of the others in his draft class.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm
, but he’s not trending “impact player” like some of the others in his draft class.
Curious why you and Bozo keep bringing this up on a daily basis?

Do you think the Canucks hold the exclusive rights on missing out on a better player in the draft after the fact? Are you conveniently forgetting that prior to that draft everyone in Canuck land, fans and media etc were crying for the Canucks to draft a D-man in that draft and that the same people although disappointed with not selecting Tkachuk were on board with the reasoning for drafting Juolevi

Do you think this will be the last time this happens when it comes to drafting 18 year olds? Wasn’t Puljujarvi supposed to be generational?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:39 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 pm
I am. Which is why I don’t want to make any trade that fixes one gap by creating another. Drafting/developing is the way to go. Hopefully Juolevi develops into a useful top-4 for us, but he’s not trending “impact player” like some of the others in his draft class.
Curious why you and Bozo keep bringing this up on a daily basis?

Do you think the Canucks hold the exclusive rights on missing out on a better player in the draft after the fact? Are you conveniently forgetting that prior to that draft everyone in Canuck land, fans and media etc were crying for the Canucks to draft a D-man in that draft and that the same people although disappointed with not selecting Tkachuk were on board with the reasoning for drafting Juolevi

Do you think this will be the last time this happens when it comes to drafting 18 year olds? Wasn’t Puljujarvi supposed to be generational?
Easy, hot rod. Nothing I said is controversial or even that inflammatory. No need to get the hackles up.

Juolevi may turn into a serviceable player for us. There's no need to trade Brock for a dman. Patience.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Boeser is not on the table in my books..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Other than Reef's tigger reply, the funniest part of this is the situation when the trade was made. Johansen was clearly not a Torts guy and had to go, Jones was progressing but didn't breakout until the year after the trade. If Brock were in Green's doghouse, which he isn't, the equivalent deal may be to Ottawa for Chabot. Do you think you'd get Hanifin, Provorov or Werenski? Do you think any of those three are going anywhere?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 am Other than Reef's tigger reply, the funniest part of this is the situation when the trade was made. Johansen was clearly not a Torts guy and had to go, Jones was progressing but didn't breakout until the year after the trade. If Brock were in Green's doghouse, which he isn't, the equivalent deal may be to Ottawa for Chabot. Do you think you'd get Hanifin, Provorov or Werenski? Do you think any of those three are going anywhere?
Chabot-Hughes down the left side would be a treat.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 am Other than Reef's tigger reply, the funniest part of this is the situation when the trade was made. Johansen was clearly not a Torts guy and had to go, Jones was progressing but didn't breakout until the year after the trade. If Brock were in Green's doghouse, which he isn't, the equivalent deal may be to Ottawa for Chabot. Do you think you'd get Hanifin, Provorov or Werenski? Do you think any of those three are going anywhere?
They were names brought up to equate value to BB

I think Columbus could be talked into a 1 for 1 for Werenski. I wouldn’t trade him for Hanifin. Provorov would be a decent target .

The fact you equal Brock to Chabot is telling. Ottawa doesn’t touch that

There’s also the other side of the equation that you hadn’t thought of. Nashville had a plethora of young d men. It wasn’t all because of Johansen and tortorella
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm
dangler wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am
My issue is the gaping hole on the back end. If you could shore up a massive weakness from a position of strength, why the fuck wouldnt you?
Because its not a "position of strength" if you let Boeser go Who replaces him??????
Bingo. We're not exactly stacked at forward. Columbus could afford to move Johansen because at the time they had guys like Saad, Atkinson, Jenner, Foglino, Hartnell, Dubinsky etc. playing well.

You know what would really help our situation right about now, a Sergachev or a McAvoy.
I agree with mcavoy although like the dude said his concussions may be concerning, I’m not as sold on sergachev though, he’s playing on a powerhouse with one of the best dcores in the league.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Sauce has arrived!

Colton Saucerman gets his first AHL goal in his first game with the Comets.

FEAR. THE. BEARD.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Quinn Hughes on SN 650 on if he will sign with #Canucks this year, "The plan right now is to definitely to sign", I am really confident in my abilities. I think after this year I will be ready, my main goal is to play in the NHL ASAP." #sportsnet650
7:48 AM - 12 Dec 2018

mmm, but, but, the expansion draft? :arrow: The Plot Thickens..........
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Awesome
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 pm Beastly Petey
What? Just 2 months ago, that guy threw him down like a rag doll and Petey suffered that concussion. He must be eating his Wheaties. :P