Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

theman wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 am
SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:37 am
ESQ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:35 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm virtanen & eriksson for colin miller & be done with it. sabres have $33M in cap.
If you were Loui, and had a15 team no trade list, don't you think buffalo would be on it?

The only teams that will take him are likely on his no trade list. So if he wants to control where he goes and not wind up in Utica, he's gotta mutually terminate.
possibly, but at this point I think JP Barry said - bro, just accept any team at this point if you want to stay in the NHL.
With Ottawa terminating Bobby Ryan today, I wonder if that makes Ottawa good trade partners now? low dollar salary for high cap hit. Loui (+ draft pick?) to Ottawa for a 7th. I do understand they want to make space for their young guys too, but they might want 'some veteran leadership' there too.

As you said, I am sure Loui knows not his days in the NHL are numbered if he is picky.
JP Barry should be checking in with the Sens, Wings, Sabres, Devils and Panthers they all got massive cap space.
ESQ wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 amThat's a good point - but then, if JP thinks he's got a deal for Loui on a new contract in, say, Dallas for $1.5 mil x2, Loui has to consider giving up $1.5 mil in actual dollars (approximately) to avoid playing in Buffalo or Ottawa - probably a smaller gap, when you factor in the state tax level in Texas.
JP Barry should also let Eriksson know if he agrees to terminate his contract, his options open up much better for him playing wise and getting a team/city he wants to play for significantly improves, can seek a performance based deal like with Dallas or even Nashville in a depth role.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The only reason anyone would acquire him would be for the sweetener. Hes done
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think Loui will end being parked in Utica. Let’s find out how happy Lou will be living in the stank armpit of Utica with his family living in Dallas. It will come down to a game of chicken with Lou me thinks. With Utica on our side I think Lou will eventually bend.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:18 pm The only reason anyone would acquire him would be for the sweetener. Hes done
Virtanen sweetener. Let’s get that imbecile as far away from this organization as possible. I really don’t give a shit if he turns into a serviceable player cause it won’t happen here. Too many distractions playing at home. He’s an immature Twit
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:14 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:18 pm The only reason anyone would acquire him would be for the sweetener. Hes done
Virtanen sweetener. Let’s get that imbecile as far away from this organization as possible. I really don’t give a shit if he turns into a serviceable player cause it won’t happen here. Too many distractions playing at home. He’s an immature Twit
Well, that leaves no doubt where you stand on keeping or passing on Jake. Is it all on him? Should Travis Green take some blame?

Who we really don't need is Beagle. Finding a way to get rid of that contract would be a blessing. Eight freaking points in 55 games.
That's just about 380.000 dollars per point.

Will Adam Gaudette ever see top six? Good year. Maybe if resigns himself to being a winger, for now.. Just for now.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

With Rask considering retirement and zero top goaltending prospects in their pipeline, could the Bruins be looking at Demko?
Demko for Carlo? (obviously if Marky is resigned long term)

Or expand the pieces to send LE thataway with Jake?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:31 am With Rask considering retirement and zero top goaltending prospects in their pipeline, could the Bruins be looking at Demko?
Demko for Carlo? (obviously if Marky is resigned long term)

Or expand the pieces to send LE thataway with Jake?
Dipietro and Loui for rights to Krug and a 3rd

Boston gets a goalie prospect, takes on some cap going into a rebuild, and increases the chances Krug goes out west.

We dump salary, recoup a mid round pick, and have a shot at signing a replacement for Tanev.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Demko is a mass-a-chew-shits boy. They'll want him and if the canucks resign Markstrom i can see this being who steps up.

I have trouble thinking Dipietro is on many teams radar. He's years away and the rumour is Rask wants to hang em up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

People will be shocked to see the sticker price to get rid of the Air Thief. It ain’t Virtanen or Dipietro or Gaudette or a 3rd. It’s a minimum of Demko and likely quite a bit higher. Eriksson is poison.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 am People will be shocked to see the sticker price to get rid of the Air Thief. It ain’t Virtanen or Dipietro or Gaudette or a 3rd. It’s a minimum of Demko and likely quite a bit higher. Eriksson is poison.
Many are labeling Eriksson unmovable. I would agree.
If Jimbro can move him out in this flat-cap climate it will be a bonafide miracle
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 am People will be shocked to see the sticker price to get rid of the Air Thief. It ain’t Virtanen or Dipietro or Gaudette or a 3rd. It’s a minimum of Demko and likely quite a bit higher. Eriksson is poison.
Many are labeling Eriksson unmovable. I would agree.
If Jimbro can move him out in this flat-cap climate it will be a bonafide miracle
Yep. Other teams see his lack of effort, lack of heart, lack of wheels, lack of grit. He’s a terrible player that got carried by Horvat and to a lesser degree Tanner Pearson. He doesn’t belong in the league. It’s much too quick out here for him. Why would you want to bring a guy like that on to your team? You wouldn’t.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dangler wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 am Many are labeling Eriksson unmovable. I would agree.
History has shown over and over that there's no such thing as an unmovable contract.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:53 am Many are labeling Eriksson unmovable. I would agree.
History has shown over and over that there's no such thing as an unmovable contract.
Its the one contract that if moved solves most of the teams short term concerns. They need to mutually terminate. Its the solution
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Take Doyle with a grain of salt regarding Loui. He looks at the Loui situation like it’s the end of the world
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 pm
It would have to have one hell of a sweetener!
I salute your optimism & hope your right :drink: