Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So you wouldnt trade BB for Seth Jones? :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 am So you wouldnt trade BB for Seth Jones? :lol:
Is this SKYO?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 am So you wouldnt trade BB for Seth Jones? :lol:
Is this SKYO?
You don't want to see the big blonde playoff beard in a Canuck jersey on this guy?

Now someone will pop up and say; "It'll be grey by the time this team gets in the playoffs" blah blah.

It has to happen. And it will. SOON!
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Somehow this is all being misconstrued into me hating Boeser which is wrong. The kid is dynamite.

My issue is the gaping hole on the back end. If you could shore up a massive weakness from a position of strength, why the fuck wouldnt you?

Is BB the key to the future? Its possible but with Pettersson and Horvat as top centers and only one real top pairing D prospect in the pipe...theoretically a strategic trade like Boeser for Jones would make the team far better than just sitting on what we have and not acknowledging that back end being the achilles heel
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am Somehow this is all being misconstrued into me hating Boeser which is wrong. The kid is dynamite.

My issue is the gaping hole on the back end. If you could shore up a massive weakness from a position of strength, why the fuck wouldnt you?

Is BB the key to the future? Its possible but with Pettersson and Horvat as top centers and only one real top pairing D prospect in the pipe...theoretically a strategic trade like Boeser for Jones would make the team far better than just sitting on what we have and not acknowledging that back end being the achilles heel
Seriously Dan, I know what you are saying. Some even in the media agree with you.
We just have enough elite talent, (or elite talent streaks), up front to make us somewhat exciting again and I
have to admit, when it works, it rocks, kicks ass, fist pumps, all that shit.
It is, IMO, extraordinarily difficult to build a cohesive defense core that #1, works well in a team sense.
Great to have a speedy guy back there that can make end to end rushes but to know what and where to go, how to defend in an NHL
that now has rules that make defending far more challenging then even 4 or 5 years ago.

You do need some speed. You need some nasty attitude. More size than we have. Guds don't count cause he's just not using it.
Quinn is small but nasty, that's a start.

You can feel the negativity around about Juolevi. That is simply because HE is the guy we wanted, needed to be our young star D-man.

I still don't trade one of our top three forwards though. Actually five cause Jake is nasty and is the fasted skater on the team, hands down.

The other reason I feel making the ultimate sacrifice, (no, not that one), For "ONE prime, grade A D-man for one of our best forwards is:
WHAT IF NEW DEFENSE MAN GETS INJURED for a long period or periods of time? We'd be f..ked.

Improve the defense by adding what you can without deterring the offense, AND, #1; Get these D-men coached better.
Nolan isn't getting the right message across. Look; even if as a group, they rank in the bottom 7 or 8 in the league, good structure
would be insanely helpful.

Without calling for any coaches heads, WORK BETTER TOGETHER !!!
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am Somehow this is all being misconstrued into me hating Boeser which is wrong. The kid is dynamite.

You can’t reason with a pack of zealots
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It may help if you recall why the trade was made.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am It may help if you recall why the trade was made.
Which trade?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 pm
Topper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am It may help if you recall why the trade was made.
Which trade?
Brock for Tiger Williams LOL

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Which trade?
I thought it was for Eddie Shore
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Baubles has lost the narrative.

and he started the story

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 pm Baubles has lost the narrative.

and he started the story
Someone has clearly lost the plot
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:16 pm
Topper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Which trade?
I thought it was for Eddie Shore
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The achilles heel for this suggestion is timing.

I think you wait and see where we finish and what the lottery brings us.

If we are outside the top 5 picks, then I would say trade that pick and a player that is lesser than Brock to grab what is needed.

There will also likely be a rather strong free agent pool of defensemen.

Karlsson and Trouba are both very unlikely to be affordable for their current teams.

Jake Gardiner, Cody Ceci, and Ryan Murray, are also potential free agents, the latter being RFA's.

After the lottery some of those teams might be open to a sign and trade or trade and sign, particularly as all of them, with the exception of Ottawa, are probably going to be playoff teams that will not want to part ways at the deadline with good players, but will look to recoup some of their deadline acquisition expenses before the draft.

Also, a 1st round pick might be more attractive to some of these teams than Boeser would be because Brock is gonna need a shiny new contract, and these teams are going to be wanting to avoid taking on payroll right now.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

[quote="Uncle dans leg" post_id=322448 time=1544554279 user_id=1787

[/quote]
Because its not a "position of strength" if you let Boeser go Who replaces him??????