Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:34 pm
Tciso wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:35 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:00 pm
What’s the percentage of humans that have to get COVID for humans to develop herd immunity? Anyone know?
I keep reading it's around 60%. Fauci recently said 70% in a debate with Rand Paul.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/watch ... 2020-09-23
If they simply march off of a cliff like lemmings, does that count?
Sure it does. Every little bit helps ;)
Doyle would trade Pod the Bod for Noah string beans Dobson.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In a heartbeat
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You be committing hari Kari if you trade the Bod for Stringbeans
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:09 pm You be committing hari Kari if you trade the Bod for Stringbeans
Dobson physically resembles none other than the immortal Maple Leaf defenceman Fred 'Broomstick' Boimistruck :D

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

This lucky little girl had the pleasure of having her Fred Boimistruck card signed by the now railroad engineer Boimistruck himself while riding in his train.
Mrs. Gervais
@vgervs
·
May 23, 2017

Fred Boimistruck from the 1981 Memorial Cup winning team was our train engineer!
@PEPanthers

@gecdsbpro

@SpitsHockey

@VIA_Rail

https://twitter.com/vgervs/status/86713 ... 30466?s=20
Boy, you learn something new everyday :D
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm Pods got the right stuff >>>https://twitter.com/khl_eng/status/1309545145910661122

Pod won! na na na na na ......... na!
Great to see Podzky doesn't shy away from the physical stuff. Just wish he had a bigger frame and was built more like Ovi rather than Golds.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Doyle would trade Pod the Bod for Noah string beans Dobson.
I'd do that trade. Their top 4 would be half set for a decade so sign me up for that.

Edited to add, I don't think the Islanders do the deal.
Last edited by Curmudgeon on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:09 pm You be committing hari Kari if you trade the Bod for Stringbeans
Dobson physically resembles none other than the immortal Maple Leaf defenceman Fred 'Broomstick' Boimistruck :D

I was working and hanging out with a hardcore leaves fan back in the early 80's and he was convinced they were only a few years away from winning a Cup with a defense led by Benning, Gary Nylund, Boimistruck, Craig Muni, and Bob McGill once they received tutoring from Salming.

He hated the Canucks but it was hilarious watching him twist like a pretzel coming around on Rick Lanz after the deal for Benning and Dan Hodgson. I actually had really high hopes for Hodgson and thought both players were a massive steal for the Canucks, like payback for giving them Vaive and Derlago. lol
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm Pods got the right stuff >>>https://twitter.com/khl_eng/status/1309545145910661122

Great to see Podzky doesn't shy away from the physical stuff. Just wish he had a bigger frame and was built more like Ovi rather than Golds.
6’-1” 200 lbs is small?

Apparently he’s sprinted up to 6’-3” or 6’-4”, not sure how accurate that is but it’s the latest rumour, but in the mean time let’s stick with 6’-1” 200 lbs

Meanwhile Noah Stringbeans is 6’4” 180 lbs! You can’t get much more rail thin that.

In comparison Ole cheapskates Hargraves would cut you a line of cocaine representing Dobson’s bod long and skinny while he would cut himself a line representing Podkolzin’s bod long and fat
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Stuart Zuckerman wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 pm

6’-1” 200 lbs is small?

Apparently he’s sprinted up to 6’-3” or 6’-4”, not sure how accurate that is but it’s the latest rumour, but in the mean time let’s stick with 6’-1” 200 lbs

Meanwhile Noah Stringbeans is 6’4” 180 lbs! You can’t get much more rail thin that.

In comparison Ole cheapskates Hargraves would cut you a line of cocaine representing Dobson’s bod long and skinny while he would cut himself a line representing Podkolzin’s bod long and fat
I heard he’s 6 ft 5 now
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Noah Stringbeans - 6’-4” 180 lbs

Now you might think - “what’s the big deal?” Take note of the frames of two of Doyle’s favourite bone mass targets, or lack there of bone mass targets

Olli Birdbones Juolevi 6’-3” 200 lbs

Brandon Birdbones Sutter - 6’-3” 190 lbs

As you can see - Doyle is all over the map
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at Stuart Zuckerman and his constant bashing of young Canadian kids. Nathan Mackinnon, Cale Makar, Bowen Byram, Noah Dobson........ what did Hockey Canada ever do to you Stuart? :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle are you not at all concerned with the lack thereof bone mass of Noah Stringbeans six four one eighty?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:05 am Doyle are you not at all concerned with the lack thereof bone mass of Noah Stringbeans six four one eighty?
Zuckerman, I have no idea how accurate these measurements are. The kid is 20 years old. Even if it is correct, it’s very likely he fills out. If we believe this to be accurate, he hasn’t grown or gained a pound in two years. Seems unlikely, meanwhile you have Podkolzin growing three inches and putting on 20 pounds based on what you read on the bathroom wall at the Pat pub.

Brendan Morrison used to be 5 ft 11 according to hockeydb. He isn’t taller than 5ft 8.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He bounces between 6’-4” 183 lbs and 184 lbs on six sites. That’s enough confirmation to label him Stringbeans.

Sutter Birdbones is 6’-3” 190 lbs