Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:50 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:58 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 pm This time the Canucks may lose a legit decent player. Last time when Vegas picked, Hargraves had a lot of diapers to hand out to the urine crew who feared losing the great Markus Granlund
The way I remember it, you were the captain of that crew and were soiling yourself over the prospect of losing Brendan Gaunce! :lol:
I thought we agreed we were not mentioning his name here again? :D
That post was from January. :wink:
sorry doc. It was reflex. :drink:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

el rey del mambo
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 pm Image
Was Big Tuna still in the freezer?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:04 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 pm Image
Was Big Tuna still in the freezer?
Ground up in the belly of Gaunce :D
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 pm This time the Canucks may lose a legit decent player. Last time when Vegas picked, Hargraves had a lot of diapers to hand out to the urine crew who feared losing the great Markus Granlund
The way I remember it, you were the captain of that crew and were soiling yourself over the prospect of losing Brendan Gaunce! :lol:
I just saw this Doctah.... don’t confuse me wanting to ditch Sutter’s bloated contract with actually liking Gaunce. Gaunce sucks shit. He’s big but soft, he has decent hands and awareness but he moves like a glacier. That said looking at the cap conundrum we find ourselves in, I’d take Gaunce at 900 K over Sutter at 4.4 million or Beagle at 3 million. They are all 4th liners. May as well go with the cheaper guy.

Funny thing is you could take the bottom 4 or 5 players off of most teams and interchange them with good AHL/KHL players and you wouldn’t notice the difference in performance. Tampa is an exception to this rule as they have incredible organizational depth. But they are going to have to do some serious tap dancing with their cap crunch this off season.

I’d offer sheet Cernak. He’s exactly what Vancouver needs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:30 am
I agree on this one but doesn't Vancouver need the picks to make the kind of offer that TB would walk away from?

Whats a stay at home d-mans 2nd contract look like? 5 per?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:51 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:30 am
I agree on this one but doesn't Vancouver need the picks to make the kind of offer that TB would walk away from?

Whats a stay at home d-mans 2nd contract look like? 5 per?
It would be next years draft. He’s a big mean guy who can skate and move the puck.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2021 getting close to the expansion draft!

Feb 1 - Teams can ask players to waive their NMC for expansion draft.
July 17 – Deadline for Protection Lists for Expansion Draft (5 p.m. ET)
July 21 – Expansion Draft for Seattle Kraken (8 p.m. ET)

Protect:

forwards: Horvat, Boeser, Petey, Miller, Gaudette, Motte, Ferland (NMC auto protected, Feb 1 can ask him to waive his NMC just for the expansion draft).

dmen: Juolevi, Schmidt, Myers

exposed:

forwards: Roussel, Beagle, MacEwen, Eriksson.

dmen: Brisebois, Chatfield, Rafferty

goalie: Holtby

Gotta feeling Virtanen will be dealt by TDD April 12 – Trade deadline (noon PST), motte is playing more valuable than him.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am Protect:

Ferland (NMC auto protected, Feb 1 can ask him to waive his NMC just for the expansion draft).

exposed:

Rafferty
Skyo, Jimmy had a clause placed in Ferland's contract in which he agreed to waive for the X-draft.

And Rafferty won't require protection unless he plays in 40 games (well I guess that's 27 games cuz shortened season).
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:27 am
SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am Protect:

Ferland (NMC auto protected, Feb 1 can ask him to waive his NMC just for the expansion draft).

exposed:

Rafferty
Skyo, Jimmy had a clause placed in Ferland's contract in which he agreed to waive for the X-draft.

And Rafferty won't require protection unless he plays in 40 games (well I guess that's 27 games cuz shortened season).
Nice! thanks for that info, wasn't sure about some of the players if they need protection or not.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am 2021 getting close to the expansion draft!

Protect:

forwards: Horvat, Boeser, Petey, Miller, Gaudette, Motte, Ferland (NMC auto protected, Feb 1 can ask him to waive his NMC just for the expansion draft).

dmen: Juolevi, Schmidt, Myers

exposed:

forwards: Roussel, Beagle, MacEwen, Eriksson.

dmen: Brisebois, Chatfield, Rafferty

Gotta feeling Virtanen will be dealt by TDD April 12 – Trade deadline (noon PST), motte is playing more valuable than him.
There is no one on that list that I would be too sad to go. That is the side benefit of letting Markstrom go I guess
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am 2021 getting close to the expansion draft!

Protect:

forwards: Horvat, Boeser, Petey, Miller, Gaudette, Motte, Virtanen (if not traded)

dmen: Juolevi, Schmidt,

exposed:

forwards: Roussel, Beagle, MacEwen, Eriksson, Ferlund

dmen: Brisebois, Chatfield, Rafferty, Myers

[edited]
If Seattle builds the ‘Vegas Model’, then they could be picking a 3(ish) million dollar contract from us (Beagle) looking for that verteran/leader kinda guy.

I would be comfortable with them picking 3mil off our cap, even if we had to add a 4th to it to make sure they grab one of them. The only reason I protect Jake is because I am scared shitless he gets that change of teams and turns into the power forward we all dream about. I don’t want to face that 4-5 times a year in the new rival team.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Expose Myers.. but unlikely they take him. Roussel and Beaglet have zero chance of being selected. They’ll probably lose one of Holtby, MacEwen or Gaudette.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

They might not want to expose MacEwen. I wouldn’t. As things stand now, they’ll be exposing one of MacEwen, Gaudette, Virtanen, or Motte up front, and protecting the other three. So, trading one of them away before the expansion draft for a decent right-side defenseman and exposing Myers to the expansion draft makes sense. Of those four, Gaudette would likely have the most value as he could be seen as a poor man’s second line centre by some GMs and he has name value in the states having won the hobby baker award. Some teams might give up a quality defencemen for Gaudette if they have too many defensemen for the expansion draft. With the Canucks, Gaudette will always be blocked out of the top six behind Petey and Bo. He might be better suited in a top six role than on a checking/energy line that Green wants him on. Another GM might see that and be willing to give up decent assets to get Gaudette. As well, Benning could want Michaelis in the third line centre spot next year, or another prospect or a FA signing (Sutter :)). I imagine this kind of trade would be more difficult to make than we expect, and the Canucks will just end up exposing one of these four. But if a trade were possible it won’t happen until after the season ends, just before the expansion draft.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.