My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper »

The best backroad mud holes are like a good woman,

Firm bottomed and drivable.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:52 am Here's a better look at my Ford - 2 sweet rides were busy today! :D

Gotta love the John Deere. This is mine -

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^ Nice rig! I don't have the need for a blade, but that looks like a great wide deck. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:01 pm ^ Nice rig! I don't have the need for a blade, but that looks like a great wide deck. :)
62 inch deck - but it still takes me 2 hours to cut the grass. I actually use the front end loader the most - super handy for moving gravel, landscaping, etc. Also, I use it to plow my driveway in the winter - the front end loader actually works better than the blade I have I have for it.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:11 pm
Cornuck wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:01 pm ^ Nice rig! I don't have the need for a blade, but that looks like a great wide deck. :)
62 inch deck - but it still takes me 2 hours to cut the grass. I actually use the front end loader the most - super handy for moving gravel, landscaping, etc. Also, I use it to plow my driveway in the winter - the front end loader actually works better than the blade I have I have for it.
Fuck plowing BCEP...i just roll over top of it lol.

When i saw the price of those things i bought a tinny and a quad instead and just drive over the snow. Alberian snow is just dust anyway

They sure are handy for summer yard work tho. I was scopimg the mini kubota myself but that one is fine as fuck
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

BCExpat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:26 pm Gotta love the John Deere. This is mine -

(pic)
Hey BCEP, what's that mounted to the loader right in front of you? I thought it was a weird place for a ROPS until I see it isn't actually cropped out of the pic.

Got an old Kubota myself.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:32 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:26 pm Gotta love the John Deere. This is mine -

(pic)
Hey BCEP, what's that mounted to the loader right in front of you? I thought it was a weird place for a ROPS until I see it isn't actually cropped out of the pic.

Are you talking about the black plastic thing that is attached to the mower deck? That is just to stop rocks, etc from flying while cutting. I have removed it since this picture.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:40 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:11 pm
Fuck plowing BCEP...i just roll over top of it lol.

When i saw the price of those things i bought a tinny and a quad instead and just drive over the snow. Alberian snow is just dust anyway

They sure are handy for summer yard work tho. I was scopimg the mini kubota myself but that one is fine as fuck
yeah I get some pretty big snow drifts in the driveway. I could probably get away with driving over them, but I don't mind plowing it. I get a lot of use out of it all year around.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 am

(pic)

Are you talking about the black plastic thing that is attached to the mower deck? That is just to stop rocks, etc from flying while cutting. I have removed it since this picture.
Nah, I mean the uprights right where a windshield would be.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 am
BCExpat wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 am

(pic)

Nah, I mean the uprights right where a windshield would be.
It's not a ROPS - it's just part of the framing for the front end loader.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Recently caved and got a truck. The old F150 had 355,000 KM on it. It didn’t owe me a thing and still ran solid but I couldn’t take that beast on any more road trips. I drove a few rigs in the 15-25 K price range. Am pissed I missed out on a 2012 GMC Sierra with 120KM on it. I should have dropped a deposit on it. Drove a couple of Dodge Rams both 2013, but they handled like a chuck wagon. The new Dodges are beautiful trucks. Ditto for the new F150’s, and Chevs. So much to like among the big 3 for their new 1/2 ton pickups.

I ended up buying a 2014 Nissan Titan. It handles like a top and has a shitload of power. It also pukes through a lot of gas and has a pretty meh interior. Sharp looking truck though with 138 KM on it, it’s got lots of life. Fucking weird that I had to get a trailer hitch mounted on it though. I thought pretty much every full sized 4x4, hitches were standard procedure. For 21 K all in it’s a good truck for me at this juncture. In 4-5 years I can tap my mutual funds for 6 % and buy a new Chev.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

My truck's a fukin' killer machine. Bull's bike with Bosch E-engine
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Once again had to yank a F350 out of a mudhole with the Tacoma then pulled it up a hill.

Fucked the last remaining fibres of clutch in the process though.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Fucking fords... :lol:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….