The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:53 pm
I don’t like the Leaves whatsoever but I don’t see Tavares as a big mistake. I’d have traded Nylander and locked up Marner last summer. I wouldn’t have given that cap hit to Matthews unless he signed a 7 or 8 year deal. If he balked, which he clearly seemed to, then put him on the block and return a haul.
Dubas agrees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>now.
Silly man gonna have nightmares for the rest of his life.
So much for the new, young look GM thing.
The leaves might think about one with a better instinct for the game next time, (year) they hire one.
Maybe one that can read the fine print.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:32 pm , he’d still be easy to move for a decent to good return.
We agree to disagree

IMHO with his shitty playoff history, shitty 200’ game, pompous attitude and the 7 goals and 20 asssits during the regular season, taking on that price and term is a huge risk. Huge!
He had back to back 60 point seasons. He’s young and skilled. He’d be easy to move, though his value probably took a minor hit from its peak of 12 months ago. Dubas should have seen the cap crunch coming.
It would have to be a hockey trade (think RNH for Nylander), the Laffs taking a big contract back, $7 Million on a questionable player, soft as butter, with a lengthy term isn’t easy to shoehorn in in a cap conscious hockey world nowadays.

You’re not just getting draft picks and a prospect back for that contract and length on a player not trending well. No GM is going to throw Dubas a lifeline.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:idea:

Eriksson for Nylander.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm :idea:

Eriksson for Nylander.
The leaves could use that million less cap hit, not to mention shorter term (3 years left vs Nylanders 5 years). Great trade for the Leaf. Canucks could just be getting a younger more expensive air thief than Eriksson with longer term.

RNH is a million less on the cap with just two years left on contract. leaves should explore this for a hockey trade for Nylander
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It would be Eriksson and a couple high picks.

Nylander has positive value and is young. Eriksson has negative value and is old, soft and a horrible skater. Louie might have the worst contract in the league after Brent Seabrooke.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You guys know I was kidding right
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:40 pm You guys know I was kidding right
I figured you were. Dude on the other hand....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm It would be Eriksson and a couple high picks.

Nylander has positive value and is young. Eriksson has negative value and is old, soft and a horrible skater. Louie might have the worst contract in the league after Brent Seabrooke.
Eriksson, Brisebios and a 3rd round pick. Dubas would be nuts not to jump all over this. Pressure is on, they need to sign Marner. Stop fucking around. Kapanen is a better cheaper replacement for losing Nylander. Plus Eriksson gives them much needed size

If I’m Dubas I’m hitting up Holland for RNH straight up for Nylander. No brainer. RNH is a million less with just two years remaining to UFA. Mind you, RNH is borderline BC Air Thief Club
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If you’re Doob-Ass would you trade $7 million William straight up for $1.25 Million Virtanen?

$7 million - 7 goals 20 assists
$1.25 million - 15 goals 10 assists
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm It would be Eriksson and a couple high picks.

Eriksson, Brisebios and a 3rd round pick. Dubas would be nuts not to jump all over this. Pressure is on, they need to sign Marner. Stop fucking around. Kapanen is a better cheaper replacement for losing Nylander. Plus Eriksson gives them much needed size

If I’m Dubas I’m hitting up Holland for RNH straight up for Nylander. No brainer. RNH is a million less with just two years remaining to UFA. Mind you, RNH is borderline BC Air Thief Club
Lol you’re ridiculous
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah but if you're Dubas you're sniffing jockstraps post game amirite? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:42 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Lol you’re ridiculous
If you’re Doob-Ass do u trade $7 Million William straight up for $1.25 Million Virtanen?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Does dumbass get canned 10 games in if 7 million williom crawls out of the gate like last year?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:08 pm Does dumbass get canned 10 games in if 7 million williom crawls out of the gate like last year?
Doodles, he’s in the hot seat that’s for damn sure. If not, after they get knocked out of the playoffs early again and Barrie signs with Vancouver and all they have to show for Kadri is Mason Raymond Kerfoot
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Much as I’d like to see Barrie here, Vancouver likely won’t have the cap space.

And although I think Dubas has stubbed his toe a bit, he isn’t on any hot seat yet.