Goalies moving forward.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What goalie situation is more palatable to you?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Signing Markstrom if it means losing Demko to a trade or expansion draft within a year.
22%
Not signing Markstrom if it means keeping Demko as the starter moving forward with a cheaper UFA backup.
78%

Total votes: 23

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Goalies moving forward.

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:36 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 am Sounds like marky is a hot commodity with Detroit, Calgary, Toronto and others all super interested. Also sounds like he may be able to get 6+mil for term, if that’s the case it’s probably bye big guy. I wonder if marky goes the route of bobrovsky when away from Ian Clarke.
Maybe we can get a 7th for trading his rights. Send him to Detroit. He won't harm us there. :D

Seriously though. How can Toronto be in this discussion. They are totally broke. If they get Marky, they have to trade Anderson first.

Let Marky walk, and sign Cam Talbot to a $2million 2 year deal. That allows Demko some protection. Gives us an exposable goalie, and in 2 years, we will know what we have in DiPietro.
Or, as was suggested in the Leaves thread, we send Marky and a "cap dump" to Toronto for Andersen and a later pick. Sure it bumps us up in the crease for cap hit, however it does give Demko a 1B to play with, and Andersen is UFA after this coming season. Protect Demko, get something for Marky, still have serviceable goaltending, and also free up cap?

Rumor on RSN is that Dubas will trade their 1st rounder again if the right deal comes along. Ok. But they also say that Tarrana is looking for a middle-six pivot. I'm thinking Brandon Sutter would fit that bill. We come out with an extra pick, and $2.975M in free cap space factoring Markstrom's departure.....and still have a 1A/1B situation in net. I'm thinking Benning needs to be shrewd though. Make it a sign and trade for Marky and ask for at least a 3rd rounder back. LOL.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 am
Micky wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:38 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:04 pm And for the record, I think you can get up and keep running, Micky!!
From a chicken shit like you? Not likely. You and Mëds are insulating each other (gross) with more posts on Markstrom, and his multiple
options then everyone else (including me) combined.
Oh Gomer... Your eating multiple crayons again!! 🖍

First, I am encouraging you to keep trying. Be better. That’s one of the messages in the video! If you couldn’t (or didn’t) watch it, I guess I could post multiple links to the same song for you if you ask nice!! (This is the green crayon)

Second, I am not insulating. I have been consistent in my message and opinion about what we should do with our goalies for the next few years. It’s called: ‘having my own opinion and discussing it’. Insulating is when you flip flop your opinion from post to post, agreeing with a bunch of other people for moral support, and then referencing back to your post saying ‘see, I was right’ like you do when your having your ‘EPIC’ battles with fellow posters. (This is you eating both the yellow and the orange crayons)

Third, I don’t know Mëds. Never met him at any of the meet and greets that have been hosted or organized. I am sure he is a fine fella with an opinion on hockey stuff. He seems funny sometimes, perhaps we could have a beer and watch a game sometimes. He is a fan of the team, it would probably be fun with interesting conversational topics and viewpoints. Not sure why that would be ‘gross’.. (this is you being petulant because your mommy took away the brown crayon so you couldn’t eat it)

Fourth, I have just under 4000 posts on this forum over 20+ years. You have over 13,000 in over 4 years... That is not ‘more posts’. I am not the guy posting almost 8 times a day to rack up my post count up while linking everything I read or heard to make me seem smarter than I really am so people think my multiple opinions matter. That is you. It’s why most here don’t really care about what you say, because your always blathering on about both sides of everything.. Or more often, blathering (now called Ghomering) about anything. I am the guy who has been posting here since before they were keeping the stats on posts, and my opinions don’t change depending on whose panties I sniffed while reading a previous post... so stop telling lies. (This is you eating the blue and red crayons)

But hey, you do you. Finish off the rest of the crayons before lunch.
That was an ass pounding. Could probably drive an Abrams tank cleanly through Micky's asshole after that one.

Careful MCP, you keep this up and you might just end up being another name on the list of Micklinksters "Epic Battles". :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Oh, for f*cks sake., I threw this together but decided not to leave it up. F*ck it, who cares now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 am Oh Gomer..... Your eating multiple crayons again!!
I will not be that name. Doyle started that and I asked him to stop in a PM. I explained why it wasn't funny. He apologized. Couple of days later,
he started it up again and it's caught on. definitely brings out aggressiveness in the way I respond.
If you think your rant is going to dissuade me from anything, it isn't. Nice effort though. Too bad you couldn't direct it to something hockey related. Also, I read the history of this board before I joined. I see you've stuck with it where so many have come and gone.
Hate, insult all you want, I'm not going anywhere.

"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am Oh, for f*cks sake., I threw this together but decided not to leave it up. F*ck it, who cares now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 am Oh Gomer..... Your eating multiple crayons again!!
I will not be that name. Doyle started that and I asked him to stop in a PM. I explained why it wasn't funny. He apologized. Couple of days later,
he started it up again and it's caught on. definitely brings out aggressiveness in the way I respond.
If you think your rant is going to dissuade me from anything, it isn't. Nice effort though. Too bad you couldn't direct it to something hockey related. Also, I read the history of this board before I joined. I see you've stuck with it where so many have come and gone.

Mick go with the flow, I am the Gimp and I embrace it and use for my own benefit. Anyway I think I'm the Gimp, well I can go by Mr. Gimp but in my mind I think I am the Walrus, then I can use the song from the Beatles as my theme.

But alas you cannot pick your own nickname, the more you fight it the more it is used against you.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 amI think I'm the Gimp
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Eat my shorts” is considered an apology? :?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am “Eat my shorts” is considered an apology? :?
Sounds like more lies from Gomer.

I notice he didn’t post a link for this apology.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 am “Eat my shorts” is considered an apology? :?
Sounds more like Post-coital dysphoria

:D
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:44 am

I'm not lying. Don't keep my PMs long. Doyle is talking about a second go round with the PMs. The first one he did say sorry.

None of it matters cause quite frankly, I don't give a damn.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gohmert.... I can’t see myself apologizing for that. It’s not like we had an epic battle or anything. I remember you getting very angry and telling me you hated faggots and Jim Nabors and I think I told you to chill out.

Embrace the nickname. Be Naborsly to your fellow posters and take the hostility down a notch or two.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:22 am Or, as was suggested in the Leaves thread, we send Marky and a "cap dump" to Toronto for Andersen and a later pick. Sure it bumps us up in the crease for cap hit, however it does give Demko a 1B to play with, and Andersen is UFA after this coming season. Protect Demko, get something for Marky, still have serviceable goaltending, and also free up cap?

Rumor on RSN is that Dubas will trade their 1st rounder again if the right deal comes along. Ok. But they also say that Tarrana is looking for a middle-six pivot. I'm thinking Brandon Sutter would fit that bill. We come out with an extra pick, and $2.975M in free cap space factoring Markstrom's departure.....and still have a 1A/1B situation in net. I'm thinking Benning needs to be shrewd though. Make it a sign and trade for Marky and ask for at least a 3rd rounder back. LOL.
I like the idea - Leaves' pick will be a lottery one.

But how can Toronto fit Loui in? They're in cap hell! $6 mil to sign 3-5 forwards and still ice the worst defence in the league.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 am
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am Oh, for f*cks sake., I threw this together but decided not to leave it up. F*ck it, who cares now.

If anything, that picture you shared makes me think you forgot to pick the mic up to begin with.....that's what you're going for there right?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:01 pm
Sounds more like Post-coital dysphoria

:D
Big word.....what prompted you learn it Wiz? :look:

:P :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Anyone who knows Blobby O'Doyle Hargraves around here knows that even the insinuation of an apology for something like that is an outright fabrication. If there was even an iota of truth to it Chef's inbox would be permanently full of apologies from Blobcat. :lol:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 pm

I'm not lying. Don't keep my PMs long. Doyle is talking about a second go round with the PMs. The first one he did say sorry.

None of it matters cause quite frankly, I don't give a damn.
If you don’t give a damn, why are you getting so worked up??

Perhaps now your lying to yourself??

A life filled with wax crayons, lies and a nickname of Gomer...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.