LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:11 am JD Burke is sweaty, he’s chunky, he has a smarmy look and attitude about him. His actual takes on hockey suck and he wears a string tie.
Pretty much - a quote from him at the beginning of the 2018-19 season:

My opening night #Canucks roster:

It - Doesn't - Matter
This - Is - Potentially
The - Worst - Canucks
Team - Ever - Assembled

We're - In
For - A
Long - Season

— J.D. Burke (@JDylanBurke) September 30, 2018

I get hyperbole - but really? The WORST?? Didn't we have some 20ish win seasons back in the 70's-early 80's?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:11 am JD Burke is sweaty, he’s chunky, he has a smarmy look and attitude about him. His actual takes on hockey suck and he wears a string tie.

It - Doesn't - Matter
This - Is - Potentially
The - Worst - Canucks
Team - Ever - Assembled

We're - In
For - A
Long - Season

I get hyperbole - but really? The WORST?? Didn't we have some 20ish win seasons back in the 70's-early 80's?
How many days later did Pettersson drift that ripper shot top cheese on Smith to give hope to all of Canuckland?

4 days.

Exactly 4 days to be proven an idiot

String Tie Messiah must have loosened his string tie a notch after seeing that one
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:59 am

It - Doesn't - Matter
This - Is - Potentially
The - Worst - Canucks
Team - Ever - Assembled

We're - In
For - A
Long - Season

I have to question his judgement. 18/19 was not a good year, but how can you over-look great teams like the 16/17 Canucks.

Player GP G A PTS +/- PIM

Sven Baertschi 68 18 17 35 -6 8
Markus Granlund 69 19 13 32 -19 14
Loui Eriksson 65 11 13 24 -9 8
Ben Hutton 71 5 14 19 -22 31
Luca Sbisa 82 2 11 13 -1 40
Jack Skille 55 5 4 9 0 12
Michael Chaput 68 4 5 9 -12 29
Jayson Megna 58 4 4 8 -4 6
Reggie Dunlop 22 3 5 8 0 69
Reid Boucher 27 5 2 7 -7 6
Erik Gudbranson 30 1 5 6 -14 18
Philip Larsen 26 1 5 6 -8 4
Brendan Gaunce 57 0 5 5 -2 33
Nikolay Goldobin 12 3 0 3 1 0
Alex Biega 36 0 3 3 -4 18
Drew Shore 14 0 2 2 -3 4
Richard Bachman 5 0 0 0 0 0
Joseph Cramarossa 10 0 0 0 -1 9
Alexandre Grenier 3 0 0 0 -1 0
Joseph Labate 13 0 0 0 -2 21
Evan McEneny 1 0 0 0 -1 0
Griffen Molino 5 0 0 0 -2 0
Borna Rendulic 1 0 0 0 0 0
Michael Zalewski 1 0 0 0 -1 0

That's 777 games played by guys that just should not have been on any NHL team. That's on top of the Sedins, Burrows and Hansen who were all on their way out. Hands down, this was worse than 2018/19/
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Tciso wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 am
I have to question his judgement. 18/19 was not a good year, but how can you over-look great teams like the 16/17 Canucks.

:lol: :lol:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:55 am
Tciso wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 am

:lol: :lol:
Thanks man.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:49 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 pm
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:29 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:17 pm
Nope, just going by your posts in this thread so far my friend. :D

WTF man?!! :wow:

I'm a mod here, so I'm trying to do my job and keep this thread on topic.

This just happens to be a Laugh at the Mentally Ill HFers thread.

A guy would have to be stark staring mad to miss that! :drink:
Same here, I'm going off your posts on this board man. They generally are aimed at attacking the character behind the post and not what was actually said. I get that times are polarizing now more than ever, but it would be nice to hear reasons why these people are dumb, not just that they're dumb. Get what I mean? I'm all for having your own opinion (whatever it may be) as long as its somewhat defensible and has reasons behind it.
He's just not ever going to get it, is he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM. STAY. ON. TOPIC.

(you drooling loon you)
You just proved my point, Chief :D
Yup, he's never going to get it. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:23 am
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:49 pm
You just proved my point, Chief :D
Hey dude, thanks for coming over and injecting some life into this board.

But you seem to be trying to distill the debates on this board from the recent posts in this thread. This thread is not where the lengthy/ad nauseam debates about the rebuild occurred, and certainly not in recent months. This thread is mostly the observations of people who were kick-banned from HFBoards, plus the observations of the Good Doctor, who is trying to treat the sickness of HFBoards.
THANK YOU

Can we please all get back on topic now?

Whoosh Lord is a bad influence on some of you.

*pisses on Whoosh Lord*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:39 pm

People seem to get triggered by certain HF posters in this thread. I see you're just putting a spin on it though. In that case, HF is just a place to laugh at management. Round and round we go my friend.
Only speaking for myself here. Posters there don’t trigger me. There’s a few I mention and pick on mostly because they have history with this board or canuckscentral. A guy like MS is laughed at because he believes that he would make a better NHL GM than most of the people currently doing the jobs. That and he has a wicked hair trigger temper and has been having forum tantrums for 20 years now. He blows his shit pretty frequently. And he has this cult following on that board that lick his feet and tickle his balls on command.

Pauser/y2k has had some epic meltdowns on every forum and has hated every fucking GM and coach and 99% of the players on the team since day 1. The guy has threatened men and women with violence on twitter multiple times. And the YouTube videos? Like WTF is that shit?

Tantalum up until a few years ago was one of the more level headed, thoughtful posters here and at central before that. Now it’s like he’s been taken over by the brain of a 14 year old who makes knee jerk decisions on a constant basis. He doesn’t even look like the same poster. And it’s understandable with his weight ballooning up to 300 pounds. Maybe that’s the reason for the bitterness.

Mathowny is just a pinhead. Plain and simple. He whined and cried like a bitch so he gets treated like one.

Bleach Clean I think is a poster on this board, yet he refuses to admit it. He has some of the most baffling and worst hockey takes period.

Horvat, Podkolzin, Boeser, Demko, Stecher and a top 10 pick for Jack Eichel and he wonders if it’s a good enough offer.

Other guys get linked to here and there just for their bizarre and constant negativity.

Triggered? Absolutely not. Very curious and amused as to why these individuals are angry and bitter 24-7? You bet.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Captains Log:
Stardate - 2020.06.05
Time - 21:56
Captain Edge Lord Reporting

Spock is giving it me up the ass right now. Completely illogical, but wtf, why not...the final frontier
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172263382/

So now this idiot would ‘logically’ add 3 or 4 more pieces to his original deal for Jack Eichel.

His original offer:
Bo Horvat
Brock Boeser
Vasili Podkholzin
Top 10 pick
Troy Stecher
Thatcher Demko

And three or four more pieces. So that’s 9 or 10 pieces for 1 player. And in his beady little eyes it would still be a good deal.

You can’t fix stupid.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:08 am https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172263382/

So now this idiot would ‘logically’ add 3 or 4 more pieces to his original deal for Jack Eichel.

His original offer:
Bo Horvat
Brock Boeser
Vasili Podkholzin
Top 10 pick
Troy Stecher
Thatcher Demko

And three or four more pieces. So that’s 9 or 10 pieces for 1 player. And in his beady little eyes it would still be a good deal.

You can’t fix stupid.
:lol:

No window goes unlicked in Bleacheys world. Gleaming glass everywhere a tongue can reach
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:08 am https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172263382/

His original offer:
Bo Horvat
Brock Boeser
Vasili Podkholzin
Top 10 pick
Troy Stecher
Thatcher Demko

You can’t fix stupid.
This is what stupid looks like when stupid thinks stupid is smart
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You had a pretty good post to start out until the last paragraph.

Nobody here, and I think I’m speaking for the majority here, hates anyone over there. We just poke fun at them. Period. If you knew some of the history of this board and another one a lot of us were posters on, your know there are a large amount of sarcastic and a few cynical folks. There have been a couple epic threads poking fun at Calgarypuck for years. Don’t take it too personal.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Edge Lord wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:27 pm This is what happens when you mix diehard, analytical fans who are able to apply critical thinking to a subpar management group that has made a large amount of mistakes. I get that there's probably a lot of history and bad blood over the years with some of the posters and maybe it's gotten a bit personal over the years, but come on. We're discussing a sports team, not civil rights or something actually morally important. And it's very easy to avoid, it's really just a few threads (Management and the Brackett one), so it's not like the whole forum is full of negativity.
The post was rolling along quite nicely until...

Sorry buds...go back and try again
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Edge Lord wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:45 pm You had a pretty good post to start out until the last paragraph.

Nobody here, and I think I’m speaking for the majority here, hates anyone over there. We just poke fun at them. Period. If you knew some of the history of this board and another one a lot of us were posters on, your know there are a large amount of sarcastic and a few cynical folks. There have been a couple epic threads poking fun at Calgarypuck for years. Don’t take it too personal.

Fair enough, obviously the history between members and context is important. I find it pretty funny that people go on a message board to make fun of another message board, claiming the posters have mental illness and writing fan fic posts about them. Like if you guys had more balls, why not just confront them directly on HF Boards, rather than this passive aggressive shit? Just seems kind of neckbeardy/incel-type behaviour which makes the whole situation pretty hypocritical, but what do I know, right?
Because most of the time the HF mods protect the long-timers there, delete posts and/or ban folks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.