Boeser, Brock

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Boeser, Brock

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:26 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:14 am
His qualifying offer for the season after next is 7 million.
I hate to be that guy, but Brock's qualifying offer will be $7.5M.
Ya but Doc...where the FUCK did his shot go????

:sly:
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 am Ya but....wtf happened to his shot?
What's up? ..
That’s an absolute wonderfully useless link that shows off Brocks one timer, when the conversation about Brocks wrist shot. Way to Gomer it up there, Gomer!

[insert useless, random Gomer link here]
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:35 pm
Ya but Doc...where the FUCK did his shot go????

:sly:
I dunno, but it'll be back!

(at least that's what we tell the GM of the team we trade him to) :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Dude could flat out blow it right by NHL glove hands like Mike Bossy. Then the gate happened.

Now-a-days we talk about his improved 2 way game.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I expect Boeser to improve every year, barring any setbacks in injuries he seems relatively fit and is quite streaky. He'll have some killer playoff years imo when it's all said & done.

Only way I'd move him if it's a packaged deal for a Ekblad type.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 pm
Only way I'd move him if it's a packaged deal for a Ekblad type.
1 for 1?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:47 pm Dude could flat out blow it right by NHL glove hands like Mike Bossy. Then the gate happened.

His shot hasn't gone anywhere. It's just taking too long to get it off.

He surprised many goalies early on with the power and accuracy of his release, but they've adjusted. He use to literally count 3 steamboats before letting 'er rip.

Now, teams are getting on Brock quick and getting in his shooting lanes. He's trying to shoot standing still. He's got to add the quick, toe-shooting, change the angles, on the fly kind of quick-release that many top shooters have... along with his one-timer and traditional wrist shot (think the long, sweeping, heel-to-toe shooting that Naslund employed)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

After Hughes and petey take a cut, Brock will too
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:47 pm Dude could flat out blow it right by NHL glove hands like Mike Bossy. Then the gate happened.

His shot hasn't gone anywhere. It's just taking too long to get it off.

Ok then why is it taking so much longer to get off? This is the missing element...thank you for zeroing in on the precise discrepancy between then and everything after Gate-gate
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:28 pm
After Hughes and petey take a cut, Brock will too
It’s good to have dreams
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

All the more reason to extend him before you have to qualify him.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 am Blake Price basically got the Boeser for Dumba trade up and running, then it developed a life of its own. Shameful journalism, he’s such a douche. Boeser isn’t being traded, ffs.
Oh come on man. It wasn't "journalism", no one said or predicted it would happen. It was speculation and radio talk fodder only and there is a difference. The radio guys are in the entertainment business, after all and you don't have to listen. But to me, Price and the radio guys are only saying out loud what fans are wondering about, and that is:

How does Benning improve the team?

Well, what do we need? We don't need centres or goalies, we need defencemen. Especially a younger quality D to fit in with our core.

Free agency? nope - we don't have the cap space to go after a big fish.

Trades? Ok...who can we part with and who has value to other teams?
We're not getting a good young D for Loui, Sutter or Roussel. Even Jake or Gaudette.
We are not trading Petey, Hughes, Miller, or Horvat. A lot of people look at Boeser and think, for various reasons (shot decline, $$) he's maybe the only forward we could part that might give us what we need and make the team better.

I certainly hope that Benning is considering any and all moves including trading Brock. A Jones/Johansson type trade would be ideal, if he can find it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zedlee wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:59 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 am Blake Price basically got the Boeser for Dumba trade up and running, then it developed a life of its own. Shameful journalism, he’s such a douche. Boeser isn’t being traded, ffs.
Oh come on man. It wasn't "journalism", no one said or predicted it would happen. It was speculation and radio talk fodder only and there is a difference. The radio guys are in the entertainment business, after all and you don't have to listen. But to me, Price and the radio guys are only saying out loud what fans are wondering about, and that is:

Well, what do we need? We don't need centres or goalies, we need defencemen. Especially a younger quality D to fit in with our core.

We're not getting a good young D for Loui, Sutter or Roussel. Even Jake or Gaudette.
We are not trading Petey, Hughes, Miller, or Horvat. A lot of people look at Boeser and think, for various reasons (shot decline, $$) he's maybe the only forward we could part that might give us what we need and make the team better.

I certainly hope that Benning is considering any and all moves including trading Brock. A Jones/Johansson type trade would be ideal, if he can find it.
It becomes a bone of contention for me when the arm chair GM’s fantasies (which was what they are) starts getting misinterpreted by the fabricator themselves and the listener as real to the point where the GM has to come out and be a party pooper to the children of the corn to say simply “not true” only to be responded with things like “he’s a liar”, “he’s not doing his job” or “if he doesn’t do this trade he should be fired” etc etc etc

The Blake Prices of the world keep dumbing down their listeners with this shit and I can’t stand it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Zedlee wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:59 am

Plenty of people keep talking about Juolevi and Rathbone. The former looking ready for 3rd pairing minutes on the regular (allegedly). Rathbone might not be far behind.

If Benning is willing to let Markstrom walk, and even Toffoli, then we actually might have the space to make a big UFA splash.....with a couple of shrewd extensions made by Elmer.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen (2.5M)
Roussel - Sutter - Leivo (1.6M)
Eriksson - Beagle - MacEwan (1.5M)
Hoglander

Hughes - Pietrangelo ($8M)
Edler - Myers
Juolevi - Tanev (4.75M)
Benn

Demko
Elliot (1.75M)

Ferland (LTIR)

That lands us at a total cap hit of $81.265M.....SUPER tight.

However, the ONLY salary that I got rid of in that there pipe dream was Baertschi (dumped him to Ottawa with a 2021 4th in exchange for their 7th).

If Jimmy was able to offload Eriksson there would be more wiggle room.

And honestly, if Tanev has to walk, Hamonic or Gudas might come slightly cheaper and be equally as effective on the 3rd pairing.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:37 am

The Blake Prices of the world keep dumbing down their listeners with this shit and I can’t stand it
Then don’t fucking listen to the man. Pretty simple. It will cut down on your meltdowns if nothing else
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”