Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Tciso »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:31 pm
I close 1 eye and only use 1 finger, it helps.
Try using your off-hand.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 am So whats the word on Markstrom? Anyone else getting the sense that the team may be preparing to let him price himself out of town?

It would surely be one way to relieve the cap pressure while retaining TT and CT. Hell they can likely retain Jake and add a piece if they let marky walk.

Whats the local radio blatherers saying?
I don't think Benning has the smarts or guts to play hardball with Marky and let him walk if it plays out like that.

I predict Benning will sadle the Canucks with another overpriced, lengthy contract with a NMC. For once I'm cheering for the owner to keep a tight hold of the purse strings and nix any big spending this off season.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Zedlee wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:06 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 am So whats the word on Markstrom? Anyone else getting the sense that the team may be preparing to let him price himself out of town?

It would surely be one way to relieve the cap pressure while retaining TT and CT. Hell they can likely retain Jake and add a piece if they let marky walk.

I don't think Benning has the smarts or guts to play hardball with Marky and let him walk if it plays out like that.

I predict Benning will sadle the Canucks with another overpriced, lengthy contract with a NMC. For once I'm cheering for the owner to keep a tight hold of the purse strings and nix any big spending this off season.
Either way it's a tough sell.

You let him walk because of $$$ and that will impact the team. Marky strikes me as a guy who is a fantastic teammate who really helps keep things loose. You watch him in games where he's getting shelled and the team is on the ropes. He gets up grinning ear to ear after every stoppage in play. Opponents get into his kitchen and he gets up laughing at times.....regardless of the score. He's just so relaxed out there, or at least projects that way. Very few goalies possess that quality.

You keep him and lose Demko, and probably another guy because of cap room, and you're left trying to explain how we left holes in the lineup and watched a very probably superstar 24 year old goaltender waltz out of town so we could retain Markstrom for, at most, 4 years of peak play.

Tough spot to be in Jimmy.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Garbage take, he’s basically said he’ll play hardball by saying marky’s earned the right to test free agency, he’s preparing the fanbase for exactly that outcome. Dumb
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Dial it in there, Big Shoot!

We are already over the cap just signing the guys we want to keep. There is no money for an overpriced lengthy pile of crap, so you can sleep easy.
Ownership has nothing to do with this.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doubt the Canucks are willing to do 6m for 5 or 6 years. Had nothing gone wrong with world health that would have been his approximate
value I think. Maybe 5.8, maybe even 6.5 if others were locked up quickly.
For me, he's worth around 4.8 for three years. He wont do that. Canucks want the two goalie system, We'll see.
Benning isn't going to rush into anything when he doesn't have to just yet.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The ‘rumoured’ Lehner deal of 5 x 5 is about right IMO. He is not young, for a goalie, and they are hard to predict when their form falls off of a cliff. Don’t the dollars or term will be the issue here, I actually think it will be NMC.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

According to Harman Dayal of The Athletic, The Vancouver Canucks are the current frontrunners to land Ekblad, but he will come at a steep price. With Evgeni Dadonov and Mike Hoffman departing the team, the Panthers will likely seek a skilled forward in exchange. It is reported that Brock Boeser is likely to be involved in the trade deal if the Canucks wish to acquire Ekblad from the Panthers.
Who the fuck is Harman Dayal? More made up rumour spreaders?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pm
According to Harman Dayal of The Athletic, The Vancouver Canucks are the current frontrunners to land Ekblad, but he will come at a steep price. With Evgeni Dadonov and Mike Hoffman departing the team, the Panthers will likely seek a skilled forward in exchange. It is reported that Brock Boeser is likely to be involved in the trade deal if the Canucks wish to acquire Ekblad from the Panthers.
Who the fuck is Harman Dayal? More made up rumour spreaders?
One of Drance's minions with the Athletic. Was on TSN radio this afternoon. Heard him on the way to Walmart. Full hazmat suit.

Said he wouldn't re-sign the oft injured Tanev unless it was only 2 years and cheap. Went back to rock 101fm. Now> :drink:
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:19 pm
According to Harman Dayal of The Athletic, The Vancouver Canucks are the current frontrunners to land Ekblad, but he will come at a steep price. It is reported that Brock Boeser is likely to be involved in the trade deal if the Canucks wish to acquire Ekblad from the Panthers.
Who the fuck is Harman Dayal?
They call him the Boy Genius on Team 1040 and is a regular guest there. I think he writes for Canucks Army and just came out of UBC. Boy, I'd hesitate to trade Brock for Dumba, but Ekblad would fit the bill for us perfectly (a potential young Shea Weber).
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hughes and Ekblad on the powerplay would be something to watch.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 pm Hughes and Ekblad on the powerplay would be something to watch.
To be honest so would barry and Hughes. Ekblad would fit the bill though, I’m guessing we’d have to send bo++ the other way though, 1 rhd don’t come cheap.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 pm Hughes and Ekblad on the powerplay would be something to watch.
To be honest so would barry and Hughes. Ekblad would fit the bill though, I’m guessing we’d have to send bo++ the other way though, 1 rhd don’t come cheap.
Ek has a cannon from the point that would be sweet to see QH setting up
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:19 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:10 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:59 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 am Markstrom will have to sign at 4 to 4.5. million per, if he wants a retirement style contract. That's the safe thing to do
and what I think he''ll do.
UMMMM. Let us do the thinking McLinky! :lol:
Howz that worked out? :lol:
GREAT

So how many years on that "retirement style contract" prediction of yours Gomer? :drink:
who are you talking to my black?
:crazy:
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:18 pm who are you talking to mr. black?

Last edited by Micky on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I seeeeee... :look:

So how many years at "4 to 4.5. million per"?

Or are you just going to run away from the conversation when you don't like where it's going?

(as usual)
YUP, NO RESPONSE FROM MICKY

And then 4 days later in a different thread:

Micky wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:15 am Doubt the Canucks are willing to do 6m for 5 or 6 years. Had nothing gone wrong with world health that would have been his approximate
value I think. Maybe 5.8, maybe even 6.5 if others were locked up quickly.
For me, he's worth around 4.8 for three years. He wont do that. Canucks want the two goalie system, We'll see.
Benning isn't going to rush into anything when he doesn't have to just yet.
It seems the Mickster thinks, due to COVID, Marko's value has dropped from $6.5M x 6 years to $4.8M x 3 years. :wow:

And it appears Mick's definition of "a retirement style contract" is $4.8M x 3 years at age 30.

Or maybe the Mick Man just likes to hear himself talk...
____
Try to focus on someday.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Garbage take, he’s basically said he’ll play hardball by saying marky’s earned the right to test free agency, he’s preparing the fanbase for exactly that outcome. Dumb
Not a bad strategy IMHO, it will give the Canucks a true gauge of where the market is at for Markstrom. He's stated he wants to stay in Van. so Canucks should get a chance to match any offers.