Boeser, Brock

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Boeser, Brock

Post by nuckster »

Am tired of the radio (tsn - 1040), running on and on about trading Brock (fuck off aleady). I for one think that Brock is the consummate Canuck. He came second in the Calder, just like Dale Tallon becoming number 2 vs the Sabres nabbing Perrault. (Canucks curse). But not this time. Were going to become grateful
After watching Brock's play last series, a dude would be off his rocker to think that the Canucks would be better served without him....Well "Helllllooooo"

We get to have a future seeing the chemistry unfold with Petey, Brock and Hughes.. kinda like Toews, Kane, and Keith. Plus a Markie and or Demstrom rather than Crawford.

Anyways, just threw this out there for canucks corner tards like myself to chew on. I appreciate reading ... most all of you here most of the time. Surely some of you appreciate Brock's presence on the Canucks like I do?!
cc oldtimer
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Boeser, Brock

Post by Cornuck »

Yep - don't see a reason to trade him just to move him out. Petey and Hughes are untouchable, Brock is one notch below, where only a great return to fill a hole would get my attention.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

My negatives with Brock are his next contract, his disappearing shot, and his speed.
His qualifying offer for the season after next is 7 million.
Miller and Horvat are currently getting 5.25 and 5.5 million.
Will Brock earn a contract worth that much more than these two?
While Brock is a better playmaker now. He isn’t the sniper he was in is rookie season.
Will he get that shot back, or has something fundamentally changed because of injuries?
And Brock doesn’t have break away speed.
Will he get any quicker? Are his injuries taking a toll?
I like Brock a lot. I wouldn’t be looking to trade him, but these negatives make him more tradable than other members of the core. I wouldn’t trade him for Dumba if that is what this is about...

but if Noah Dobson was being offered, I might jump. :D
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

It’s mostly just local media trying to create content and being relevant. That being said, out of our core, he is the one I would trade first. But I wouldn’t at this point unless it is a great return coming back like a top 4 d man, similar to the Johansson - Jones trade.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I think a lot of the people on the 'Trade Boeser' Camp have anxiety about his apparently diminished shot. They also salivate at the likes of Podkolzin and/or Hoglander becoming top-6 wingers. They look at what Toffoli was able to do in the regular season and the fit he had with Pettersson. Finally, they look at the blueline and realize that the most likely way to improve it with a player in the age-bracket of the core is through trade, and see Boeser as the most valuable (yet expendable) asset.

Whatever has become of that shot from his rookie year, he's still able to find the back of the net and his 2-way play has improved. As much as I'm bullish on Podkolzin and Hoglander, it would be unreasonably risky to bet on them stepping in next season and replacing Boeser's production. If it's a case of Toffoli vs Boeser, I don't know how one can justify keeping Toffoli over Boeser.

Unless Benning can snag a Top-4 dman of similar calibre and age to Boeser, I don't see the reason to trade him.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Lancer wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:22 am I think a lot of the people on the 'Trade Boeser' Camp have anxiety about his apparently diminished shot. They also salivate at the likes of Podkolzin and/or Hoglander becoming top-6 wingers. They look at what Toffoli was able to do in the regular season and the fit he had with Pettersson. Finally, they look at the blueline and realize that the most likely way to improve it with a player in the age-bracket of the core is through trade, and see Boeser as the most valuable (yet expendable) asset.

Whatever has become of that shot from his rookie year, he's still able to find the back of the net and his 2-way play has improved. As much as I'm bullish on Podkolzin and Hoglander, it would be unreasonably risky to bet on them stepping in next season and replacing Boeser's production. If it's a case of Toffoli vs Boeser, I don't know how one can justify keeping Toffoli over Boeser.

Unless Benning can snag a Top-4 dman of similar calibre and age to Boeser, I don't see the reason to trade him.
100% agree. There is no reason to trade him right now and in fact it is quite risky. I expect JV to be traded as signing him now will probably cost the Canucks near 3 mil a season. I would probably try to sign AP and figure out the cap later.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The media has to create a buzz so people will listen. Both Brock and JB have been quotes saying ‘no trade’, but the media keeps chirping on, oblivious to reality
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Looking forward to seeing how much he continues to improve his all around game this coming year while at the same time, filling the opposition's net with pucks and also getting a notable share of assists.

Twenty-Four and There's So Much More. He's only 23!
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blake Price basically got the Boeser for Dumba trade up and running, then it developed a life of its own. Shameful journalism, he’s such a douche. Boeser isn’t being traded, ffs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If he keeps working on his speed and overall skating the way Bo did, and continues to learn those power forward moves, and continues to learn how to win those puck battles, well he will be just fine here long term. Yes he needs to be qualified at 7 million but nothing saying a longer term deal isn't work out at less than 7 million. If he finds his shot again he can be a perennial 40 goal scorer and will be worth the 7 million. If not, maybe we get him for 6 million.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ya but....wtf happened to his shot?
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:11 am Blake Price basically got the Boeser for Dumba trade up and running, then it developed a life of its own. Shameful journalism, he’s such a douche. Boeser isn’t being traded, ffs.
I can't even give him a Sports Page alumni pass.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 am Ya but....wtf happened to his shot?

I think it's a combination of his wrist and teams giving him less time to get it away.

HW is right and if he was able to execute on all that, and his wrist is good to go along with opposing teams focusing more on Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, Horavt etc, he should ultimately get more space and time to unleash his shot.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:29 am Ya but....wtf happened to his shot?
What's up? ..
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:14 am
His qualifying offer for the season after next is 7 million.
I hate to be that guy, but Brock's qualifying offer will be $7.5M.
____
Try to focus on someday.