Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Tciso »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:16 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1600214827

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

Dumba checks alot of boxes for a D-man that we need in a RS, good 2-way guy, he's just a bit on the small side for my liking. I dunno; I didn't think he was anything special when we played him in the playoffs.
Brock for someone else's #4 d-man doesn't make sense. To quote the Newfies, "I don't want your maggety fish. they're no good for winter. I can get better than this down in BonaVista"
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Tciso wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:57 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:16 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1600214827

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

Dumba checks alot of boxes for a D-man that we need in a RS, good 2-way guy, he's just a bit on the small side for my liking. I dunno; I didn't think he was anything special when we played him in the playoffs.
Brock for someone else's #4 d-man doesn't make sense. To quote the Newfies, "I don't want your maggety fish. they're no good for winter. I can get better than this down in BonaVista"
Really don't understand all this Boeser rumour stuff, really feels like reporters trying to create content and get clicks. I would trade Jake + Stretcher/Joulevei/prospect for him but not Boeser. We finally have a fairly solid top 6 and now every reporter wants to trade one of the keys to that top 6? Madness.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

theman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:00 pm
Tciso wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:57 am

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

Really don't understand all this Boeser rumour stuff, really feels like reporters trying to create content and get clicks. I would trade Jake + Stretcher/Joulevei/prospect for him but not Boeser. We finally have a fairly solid top 6 and now every reporter wants to trade one of the keys to that top 6? Madness.
I attribute it to websites like capfriendy.com and other technological innovations like the Ouiji board. Quick, print out a list of NHL players, and grab the Ouiji board. I have a column to write, and I need to pick a topic. Remember. Rumors just don't start themselves.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:54 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 am it's a starting point guys.
Does that apply to all of your trade proposals? Because if so I'll have to re-evaluate my quick dismissals of them as childish.....just conversation starters.

That being said, if I were in Jeff Gorton's shoes and I answered my phone to hear Jim Benning offer me Rathbone or Juolevi for a 20 goal, 55 point winger, I think I'd start by just hanging up on him and then blocking his future calls.
Yeah, yeah it's easy to sit back and judge other people's trade ideals, but it's those ideals - no matter how trash they are - are what keeps a trade board interesting! It's why the HFB trade board stays active and busy with a lot of users and activity, generating ad revenue for that site.
--

Anyways Buchnevich has scored 21 goals just once (JV was on that pace this season before Covid19 hit), Buch is otherwise hovering around a 15 - 20 goal range for his average, basically a small micro margin better scorer than Jake Virtanen & both are about the same age iirc & probably both of somewhat equal value, just Buchnevich is a better passer racking up more points for sure, but albeit is a weaker physical player.

Buchnevich this season 60hits .9 hits per game, (16:56 TOI) a lot more powerplay time, a -10, 13 pim.
Virtanen 102hits a -4, 41pim. (13:05 TOI) mostly evens, he's getting less ice time, very little powerplay time yet almost has double the hits as PB.

6'3 almost 200lbs LD Olli Juolevi a 5th overall pick (hampered by injuries) finally is healthy and developed enough to his NHL career, also projects to be a top 4 dman, Jim Benning believes he's ready and Travis Green was quite impressed with is breakout this new preseason vs the Jets, even the fast Stecher said Juolevi's skating has vastly improved. Jack Rathboner is behind OJ in the developed category, thus his value is much lower as he's a relative unknown on how he'll develop, but has good upside and his development will be rapid likely with the AHL.

Would you deal Virtanen for a young good prospect Right Dman? I'd be interested in that, especially we re-sign Toffoli and increase our RW depth in the process.

---
@PierreVLeBrun
on what he's hearing from the #Canucks perspective today is to shed money & create cap room so that they can address Markstrom & potentially Tanev/Toffoli.

Team he heard connected to Dumba today is Winnipeg.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:54 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 am it's a starting point guys.
Does that apply to all of your trade proposals? Because if so I'll have to re-evaluate my quick dismissals of them as childish.....just conversation starters.

That being said, if I were in Jeff Gorton's shoes and I answered my phone to hear Jim Benning offer me Rathbone or Juolevi for a 20 goal, 55 point winger, I think I'd start by just hanging up on him and then blocking his future calls.
Yeah, yeah it's easy to sit back and judge other people's trade ideals, but it's those ideals - no matter how trash they are - are what keeps a trade board interesting! It's why the HFB trade board stays active and busy with a lot of users and activity, generating ad revenue for that site.
--

Anyways Buchnevich has scored 21 goals just once (JV was on that pace this season before Covid19 hit), Buch is otherwise hovering around a 15 - 20 goal range for his average, basically a small micro margin better scorer than Jake Virtanen & both are about the same age iirc & probably both of somewhat equal value, just Buchnevich is a better passer racking up more points for sure, but albeit is a weaker physical player.

Buchnevich this season 60hits .9 hits per game, (16:56 TOI) a lot more powerplay time, a -10, 13 pim.
Virtanen 102hits a -4, 41pim. (13:05 TOI) mostly evens, he's getting less ice time, very little powerplay time yet almost has double the hits as PB.

6'3 almost 200lbs LD Olli Juolevi a 5th overall pick (hampered by injuries) finally is healthy and developed enough to his NHL career, also projects to be a top 4 dman, Jim Benning believes he's ready and Travis Green was quite impressed with is breakout this new preseason vs the Jets, even the fast Stecher said Juolevi's skating has vastly improved. Jack Rathboner is behind OJ in the developed category, thus his value is much lower as he's a relative unknown on how he'll develop, but has good upside and his development will be rapid likely with the AHL.

Would you deal Virtanen for a young good prospect Right Dman? I'd be interested in that, especially we re-sign Toffoli and increase our RW depth in the process.

---
@PierreVLeBrun
on what he's hearing from the #Canucks perspective today is to shed money & create cap room so that they can address Markstrom & potentially Tanev/Toffoli.

Team he heard connected to Dumba today is Winnipeg.
I don’t think your trade proposal was out to lunch, rathbone is super highly rated around the league, similar to fox, and rangers would be very familiar with him.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thought call. How how much of a prospect? Almost ready to play NHL hockey or a year or so away? Also have to keep in mind that Jake brings
some sandpaper to the team when he's aspired to. We need that. What Roussel brings is not really what I'm talking about. Myers is there but he
can ill afford to be sitting in the box all the time.
Really, we have Bo, Miller and Jake that can play the heavier style when need be. Toffoli doesn't too much these days. Pearson has to get real
mad to react. Against the Knights we could have done with just a little more proportionate push. Not over the wall, but a bit.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm even the fast Stecher
:wow:
Is SKYO nibbling peyote buttons right off the cactus again?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:57 pm
It's a thought but how how much of a prospect? Almost ready to play NHL hockey or a year or so away? Also have to keep in mind that Jake brings
some sandpaper to the team when he's aspired to. We need that. What Roussel brings is not really what I'm talking about. Myers is there but he
Really, we have Bo, Miller and Jake that can play the heavier style when need be. Toffoli doesn't too much these days. Pearson has to get real
mad to react. Against the Knights we could have done with just a little more proportionate push. Not over the wall, but a bit.
Are those paragraphs or parasplooges? I’m not a grammar nazi but your presentation is an eyesore. And if that’s on purpose congratulations..... it’s tough slogging reading that shit. I’m reading it like you’re a rock head that knows better....
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:52 pm
It's a thought but how how much of a prospect? Almost ready to play NHL hockey or a year or so away? Also have to keep in mind that Jake brings
Are those paragraphs or parasplooges? I’m not a grammar nazi but your presentation is an eyesore. And if that’s on purpose congratulations..... it’s tough slogging reading that shit. I’m reading it like you’re a rock head that knows better....
I close 1 eye and only use 1 finger, it helps.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 pm I know we need dmen.

But if an opportunity to snag a Pavel Buchnevich because the NYR are drafting Lefreniere, then by god we should at least look into it.
One player that in particular makes more sense now to trade with Lafreniere joining the team is Pavel Buchnevich. He is a talented forward but is too similar in style to Kaapo Kakko and Vitali Kravtsov who are projected to be top six wingers.

What if they trade Buchnevich and a pick to land a top left defenseman to pair with Jacob Trouba? Or maybe look at a trade for RFA, Josh Anderson in Columbus. The bottom line is the Rangers now have a lot of options.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/range ... more-news/
Rathbone or Juolevi?

25yrs, Buchnevich LW/RW 6'3 - 200lbs.

Can see him beside Horvat, pushing Pearson to the 3rd line while Ferland is on LTIR.
Also he can be a rusky mentor for Podkolzin when he arrives for the 2021 season.
Nothing against Buchnevich but I have no interest seeing them trade Rathbone. Besides, they really need RHD and another center in the system way more than wingers.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I’m not nazi but I is an eyesore.
:cry:
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Anyone hearing this rumour of Dumba to Calgary? And Hanifin going out?

Bit of a re-shuffle of the deck chairs IMO.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:31 pm
:oops:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:31 pm
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So whats the word on Markstrom? Anyone else getting the sense that the team may be preparing to let him price himself out of town?

It would surely be one way to relieve the cap pressure while retaining TT and CT. Hell they can likely retain Jake and add a piece if they let marky walk.

Whats the local radio blatherers saying?
If you need air...call it in