The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:34 pm Ladd is a bigger air thief than Lucic, Brouwer, Alzner and Seabrook combined
And yet still far less an air thief than Eriksson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s with all the air thief’s from B.C.? Your buddy Garrison too
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Garrison ain’t my boy. Lots of air thieves from all over the place. Ladd is a hard working consummate pro unlike Eriksson. Ladd shredded his ACL last year. Eriksson just lacks heart and a work ethic.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:59 pm Garrison ain’t my boy. Lots of air thieves from all over the place. Ladd is a hard working consummate pro unlike Eriksson. Ladd shredded his ACL last year. Eriksson just lacks heart and a work ethic.
Hard working alright

2017-18 - Ladd 73 Games - 12 goals 17 assists
2017-18 - Eriksson 50 Games - 10 goals 13 assists

He’s the worst of the B.C. Air Thief Club:

Ladd
Lucic
Alzner
Seabrook
Brouwer
Garrison
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:20 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:59 pm Garrison ain’t my boy. Lots of air thieves from all over the place. Ladd is a hard working consummate pro unlike Eriksson. Ladd shredded his ACL last year. Eriksson just lacks heart and a work ethic.
Hard working alright

Ladd
Lucic
Alzner
Seabrook
Brouwer
Garrison
Another epic post which shows you likely don’t watch much hockey outside of Canucks games. Hilarious that a guy who professes to be a proud Canadian shits on Canadian and BC hockey so frequently. Probably thinks Canada was garbage in the latest Hlinka tourney even though they outshot the Russians 38-13 in the final and lost 3-2.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:35 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:20 am
Hard working alright

Ladd
Lucic
Alzner
Seabrook
Brouwer
Garrison
Another epic post which shows you likely don’t watch much hockey outside of Canucks games. Hilarious that a guy who professes to be a proud Canadian shits on Canadian and BC hockey so frequently. Probably thinks Canada was garbage in the latest Hlinka tourney even though they outshot the Russians 38-13 in the final and lost 3-2.
I love Hockey Canada, Blob. Just find it peculiar why so many air thief’s from BC. Me thinks it’s because the game changed toward speed and skill and no more obstruction, hooking, grabbing, slashing etc. Those BC’ers, I mentioned, that was there bread and butter. You can park Gudbranson, Hamonic and Ekbkad in that category as well

I watched the Hlinka final. Team Canada deserved a better fate but that Russkie goalie is a beaut. Byfield is a Malkin clone
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Come on. Ekblad isn’t what he’s supposed to be but he’s a legit top pairing guy. He’d be Vancouver’s best D man. Hamonic- obviously Calgary overpaid for him we all agree on that, but he’s a legit second pairing guy although limited offensively. You still need those hard nosed guys that can give you twenty solid minutes. Gudbranson is a fucking slug and shouldn’t be mentioned with those guys.

You have taken a bat to Hockey Canada for years amigo. The one thing I don’t like about what they do is they keep changing coaches for the WJC. If a guy has success stick with him. Tim Hunter should never get another sniff though. He had that team playing so passively it was boring as hell to watch. That and they couldn’t score a PP goal to save their lives.

I’m sure there are air thieves from all over the map. We certainly know there’s one from Sweden.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am Come on. Ekblad isn’t what he’s supposed to be but he’s a legit top pairing guy. He’d be Vancouver’s best D man. Hamonic- obviously Calgary overpaid for him we all agree on that, but he’s a legit second pairing guy although limited offensively. You still need those hard nosed guys that can give you twenty solid minutes. Gudbranson is a fucking slug and shouldn’t be mentioned with those guys.

You have taken a bat to Hockey Canada for years amigo. The one thing I don’t like about what they do is they keep changing coaches for the WJC. If a guy has success stick with him. Tim Hunter should never get another sniff though. He had that team playing so passively it was boring as hell to watch. That and they couldn’t score a PP goal to save their lives.

I’m sure there are air thieves from all over the map. We certainly know there’s one from Sweden.
Ekblad is the last of the throwbacks, you won’t see those types being drafted top 10 anymore. Blob, please, stonehands Hamonic is not a 2nd pairing D-man. Gio carried him all season

Hockey Canada looking good for a bit, 2020 is an awful class for Americans, good one for Hockey Canada. 2022 and 2023 could see some generational Canadian talent with Savoie (22), Wright (22) and Bedard (23). I believe the early rankings of 2021 has a Canadian ranked no. 1 - Stankoven
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hamonic played with Hanafin. Brodie played with Giordano. He’s fine as a # 4 guy making under 4 million.

Vancouver just shelled out 30 million over five years to a #4 d man
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hamonic is a bum
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am Hamonic is a bum
I’m supposed to trust your judgement. You thought Gudbranson and Sbisa were good players :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

great stuff. Who won ;)
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This has gotten way off track, thanks a lot Dude. :evil:

I can’t see the leaves being able to re- up Tyson Barrie next year after they clean out the vault to keep Mitch Marner. They may be able to hang onto Jake Muzzin though. Ontario boy who likes it at home. Barrie USA BC native. I’m thinking he’ll be one and done and walk after a year living in that dump and knowing the leaves won’t have the cap to pay him what he’s worth.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:57 am This has gotten way off track, thanks a lot Dude. :evil:

I can’t see the Leaves being able to re- up Tyson Barrie next year after they clean out the vault to keep Mitch Marner. They may be able to hang onto Jake Muzzin though. Ontario boy who likes it at home. Barrie USA BC native. I’m thinking he’ll be one and done and walk after a year living in that dump and knowing the Leaves won’t have the cap to pay him what he’s worth.
Tyson Barrie wants to be a Canuck next year. I don't know how we do that but we have a better chance, (small as it may be). then the Laughs.

The leaves should never have signed Taveras. The mistake that cost them serious contendershipness, long term. I don't care about spell checks
red line under my word, either...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Joshua Marshall
@JMarshyBosco93
@NYIslanders
Per league source out of New York says the #Isles are getting ready to offer sheet
@MapleLeafs
RW Mitchell Marner. At 7 years/$91M....AAV of $13M. Marner camp wants to do a 5 year deal at $13M according to the league source. We shall see where this goes........#NHL
1:45 PM · Aug 10, 2019
Just posting what's out there. Don't get your fins in a knot......It's just a game, right?
"evolution"