Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:13 pm As for Loui - it's a lot more money, so for him to leave 12 million on the table is less likely to happen.
Well in reality Loui would be walking away from $4M ($5M real bucks - 20% escrow = $4M)

... but I agree with you.

Trade Loui with a sweetener to somewhere like Ottawa or Detroit.

He is an NHLer (a soft bottom 6 forward/penalty-killer on a rebuilding team) .
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:47 pm I think he’d be nuts to leave 3.15 million on the table. I don’t see him getting much more than a tryout with another team. I don’t think he’d make anywhere close to that in Europe. He’s better off coming to camp and trying to make the Canucks and no matter if he makes the team, or goes to the AHL if they have season, or gets loaned out to a team in Europe, he gets his cake. Him terminating is some wishful thinking, same for Louis. The players hold all the cards due to the fact there’s a good chance there’s no AHL season and the Canucks would lose any leverage they had.
Fair points, but a few details that I just learned:

His cash owed for next year is $2.4 million, his contract was slightly front-loaded. Minus 20% for escrow, that's $1.92 mil.

If he terminates, and signs in, say, the hometown Swiss league, he could make up to $500k - with his pedigree, plus the fact that he woudn't take up an Int'l roster slot, he might get top dollar. Then, he could earn most of that salary before NHL reg season begins (assuming its Jan 1, that's after 3 full months of Swiss league play).

So, he could either terminate and go earn $500 k with an out-clause to come back to the NHL (the roster cut-off for UFAs from Europe is usually early-December, so this year would be...early-March?). Or, he could finish the year in Switzerland (playoffs end in April), and be ready to go for a job in 21/22.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Baertschi’s career is in the balance. Concussions. I don’t think he’d leave any money at all on the table. He has a young family. Lives in Portland next door Oldster Hipster - Jim Benning. They run in to each other buying used paperback novels at Powell’s Books
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Portland has become Anarchy Central, no doubt Baer would now push to go home to where the hills are alive with the sound of music.

(if he didn't have to walk away from all that cashola)

Last year he had his young family join him in Utica for the season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1600214827

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

Dumba checks alot of boxes for a D-man that we need in a RS, good 2-way guy, he's just a bit on the small side for my liking. I dunno; I didn't think he was anything special when we played him in the playoffs.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:16 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1600214827

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

Dumba checks alot of boxes for a D-man that we need in a RS, good 2-way guy, he's just a bit on the small side for my liking. I dunno; I didn't think he was anything special when we played him in the playoffs.
Fuck him
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I wouldn’t mind a player like Dumba, just not Dumba.

I don’t want a guy with a political or racial agenda on the team.

I want a guy with a winning agenda on the team.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:21 pm I wouldn’t mind a player like Dumba, just not Dumba.

I don’t want a guy with a political or racial agenda on the team.

I want a guy with a winning agenda on the team.
And bigger
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:16 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... 1600214827

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

viewtopic.php?p=397122#p397122 ..He wasn't.. 6 million per for three more years then UFA. Boeser is still an RFA when his contract expires in two. Not saying Brock would be a player moved if necessary when Hughes and Pettersson are due, but, ..............It's going to be tough to add through the trade route. JB said in his interview that having our young players step up from within our own organisation would be the desired route.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Speculation of:

Brockstar
for
Dumba

Whats cool is Bieksa is a fan of Dumba, saying the same, he's not the biggest guy, but he plays like he's bigger.
Juice: "I like Dumba. He’s a smaller guy but plays like he’s a lot bigger. He’ll fight to stick up for teammates. He could be great for the Canucks"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I know we need dmen.

But if an opportunity to snag a Pavel Buchnevich because the NYR are drafting Lefreniere, then by god we should at least look into it.
One player that in particular makes more sense now to trade with Lafreniere joining the team is Pavel Buchnevich. He is a talented forward but is too similar in style to Kaapo Kakko and Vitali Kravtsov who are projected to be top six wingers.

What if they trade Buchnevich and a pick to land a top left defenseman to pair with Jacob Trouba? Or maybe look at a trade for RFA, Josh Anderson in Columbus. The bottom line is the Rangers now have a lot of options.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/range ... more-news/
Rathbone or Juolevi?

25yrs, Buchnevich LW/RW 6'3 - 200lbs.

Can see him beside Horvat, pushing Pearson to the 3rd line while Ferland is on LTIR.
Also he can be a rusky mentor for Podkolzin when he arrives for the 2021 season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 pm I know we need dmen.

But if an opportunity to snag a Pavel Buchnevich because the NYR are drafting Lefreniere, then by god we should at least look into it.
One player that in particular makes more sense now to trade with Lafreniere joining the team is Pavel Buchnevich. He is a talented forward but is too similar in style to Kaapo Kakko and Vitali Kravtsov who are projected to be top six wingers.

What if they trade Buchnevich and a pick to land a top left defenseman to pair with Jacob Trouba? Or maybe look at a trade for RFA, Josh Anderson in Columbus. The bottom line is the Rangers now have a lot of options.

Rathbone or Juolevi?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That oughta be more than enough.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:35 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 pm I know we need dmen.

Rathbone or Juolevi?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That oughta be more than enough.
Yeah.....not sure how he went from the description of "a top" guy to Rathbone or Juolevi. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

it's a starting point guys.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 am it's a starting point guys.
Does that apply to all of your trade proposals? Because if so I'll have to re-evaluate my quick dismissals of them as childish.....just conversation starters.

That being said, if I were in Jeff Gorton's shoes and I answered my phone to hear Jim Benning offer me Rathbone or Juolevi for a 20 goal, 55 point winger, I think I'd start by just hanging up on him and then blocking his future calls.
Last edited by Meds on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.