Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fentanyl’s Trail from China to Mexico to North America

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/596254/
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:04 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:08 pm
I know a lot of drug addicts (through work) and i give them a bit more personal agency - by 2019, nobody was getting fentanyl by accident, and certainly not in cocaine.
Curious as to why nobody was getting fentanyl in cocaine as of 2019???
Did something happen in 2019 to change things?
This has been a thing for five or six years my friend
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ.... I beg to differ. I know a couple of local blowheads that I went to school with that recently died. I doubt very much they knew they were getting blow laced with fentanyl. :scowl:
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

yeah i've heard of a few deaths of tainted coke too (besides Botch) so i was wondering what, if anything changed
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dangler wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:28 pm yeah i've heard of a few deaths of tainted coke too (besides Botch) so i was wondering what, if anything changed
I think it became cheaper/easier to produce a few years back.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:21 pm Ed Willes has retired. I’ve always liked Ed.

https://theprovince.com/sports/ed-wille ... toryteller
Good luck, Ed..
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

dangler wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:04 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:08 pm
I know a lot of drug addicts (through work) and i give them a bit more personal agency - by 2019, nobody was getting fentanyl by accident, and certainly not in cocaine.
Curious as to why nobody was getting fentanyl in cocaine as of 2019???
Did something happen in 2019 to change things?
Fentanyl is like a name brand now - opioid addicts want it because it's 1000x stronger. In 2013/14, dealers were subbing it in to heroin - people didn't know what they were taking which was super dangerous, and afterwards the survivors couldn't use heroin anymore because their tolerance skyrocketed.

Police still say the drug supply is "tainted" with fentanyl, but that ignores the fact that addicts only want fentanyl now.

It's at the point where when somebody dies of an overdose, everyone rushes to find out who his dealer is, because they want that strong stuff.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:26 pm ESQ.... I beg to differ. I know a couple of local blowheads that I went to school with that recently died. I doubt very much they knew they were getting blow laced with fentanyl. :scowl:
You may be right, but they could have been speed balling - taking blow, then a downer so they can do more blow.

Botch was on 3 day bender, after all that time it's not surprising that he'd take fentanyl to come down and maybe sleep, but his body was a wreck by then.

It's very unlikely that he went 3 days on fentanyl-tainted cocaine.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah hard to know, none of us were there but it does read like Botch was no stranger to danger. A 48 year old man on a 3 day bender who ends up in some home in Maple Ridge while 3 kids at home are wondering where Dad is??? Hmmm, sounds like he may have had a problem.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stecher :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@ ESQ... sure the addict who wants to bump up and down and maybe out all together may play with those two drugs together. A hard core cokehead isn’t wanting his shit tainted with fentanyl. As a guy who has shoved a fair bit of that shit up my snout back in the day as a casual user I sure as hell didn’t want to go for the long nap. It’s a plague. They need to get these scumbag dealers off the street. Might be time to legalize hard drugs and clean them up. Get it out of the hands of the bikers.

Dude, just because he wasn’t found for three days doesn’t mean he was on a three day bender. You’re better than this.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:35 pm

Dude, just because he wasn’t found for three days doesn’t mean he was on a three day bender. You’re better than this.
True. All kinds of speculation, purely speculative. I was just following up on what ESQ said regarding those “3 days”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A highly speculative use of Twtter;
Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650
@irfgaffar on Toffoli/Markstrom: They've made it a priority that they went to get these 2 guys in. Toffoli has expressed interest in being in Vancouver & playing with Pettersson. Pettersson has talked to Benning about having him in the room. 4.8 for 4 years could get deal done
4:17 PM · Sep 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status ... 9838108672
Will Irfaan Gaffar catch some flack?
Of course not. :crazy:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s all speculation Gohmert. Settle down and have a cookie.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 am A highly speculative use of Twtter;
@irfgaffar on Toffoli/Markstrom: They've made it a priority that they went to get these 2 guys in. Toffoli has expressed interest in being in Vancouver & playing with Pettersson. Pettersson has talked to Benning about having him in the room. 4.8 for 4 years could get deal done
This doesn't link to Irf Mick. I get SportsNet650?
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:34 am A highly speculative use of Twtter;
This doesn't link to Irf Mick. I get SportsNet650?
Do you think I forged it? I heard he's not affiliated with SN anymore but the tweet is what it is.
"evolution"