Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the toucan kid
AHL Prospect

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by the toucan kid »

Island Nucklehead wrote: but the price to attain it was horrid.
It was crap for crap... how can that be?

Edit: Although it should be said that corsi seems to like Kassian. I dunno, maybe there's something there for him as something other than a power forward?
lostinarink
CC Rookie

Most intriquing signing of the offseason

Post by lostinarink »

Lou leaves NJ to become Leaf GM

What are people thoughts?

I think that he will bring lots of respect but dont see any radical improvement for the upcoming year.
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Most intriquing signing of the offseason

Post by Topper »

lostinarink wrote:Lou leaves NJ to become Leaf GM

I think that he will bring lots of respect but dont see any radical improvement for the upcoming year.
Thanks for drafting me - Love Brendan

Babcock nervously looks over his shoulder........
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Doesn't make sense IMO. They were all talking about 'leadership by consensus' and having all these big egosbrains at the management 'working collaboratively' all spring and summer and now... in comes one of the biggest egos this side of Burke.

BS-spewing, 180-degree turn-around, flip-flopping, whichever way they want to spin it. This should be fun to watch. How long before Lou throws up his hands and says he's too old for that shit?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Lancer wrote:

Doesn't make sense IMO. They were all talking about 'leadership by consensus' and having all these big egosbrains at the management 'working collaboratively' all spring and summer and now... in comes one of the biggest egos this side of Burke.

BS-spewing, 180-degree turn-around, flip-flopping, whichever way they want to spin it. This should be fun to watch. How long before Lou throws up his hands and says he's too old for that shit?
I absolutely love it - I wonder if its part of a conspiracy by Rogers/Bell to ensure they have enough material to fill up their 15 channels of leaves coverage with constant coverage of the ridiculous gong show Lamoriello and Shanahan are going to be. What a zoo!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

These guys left their hearts (and souls) in Joisy and Motown respectively.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote:
Lancer wrote: Doesn't make sense IMO. They were all talking about 'leadership by consensus' and having all these big egosbrains at the management 'working collaboratively' all spring and summer and now... in comes one of the biggest egos this side of Burke.

I absolutely love it - I wonder if its part of a conspiracy by Rogers/Bell to ensure they have enough material to fill up their 15 channels of leaves coverage with constant coverage of the ridiculous gong show Lamoriello and Shanahan are going to be. What a zoo!
They're doing everything they can to distract attention from the roster they're about to ice.

Look at it though... LOOK AT IT!!! :twisted:

LOL it's hideous!

You're right, when the manager-hire glamour comes off and the suckage hits epic proportions

... it becomes a Shanny/Babcock/Lamoriello superego cage match!!

Rogers/Bell has indeed ensured Leaf-talk will dominate the airways (as in rammed down our throats).

If Canuckdom became a peefest during a rebuild

... just imagine what the shitshow in TO will be like! :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Babcock nervously looks over his shoulder........
LOL finally a coach Louie the Lam can't fire! :mrgreen:

No doubt they'll end up duking it out through the media eventually.

With Shanny in the middle...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

So if Lance Bouma got 2.2 cap for three years is that what Sven wants?
The only HW the Canucks need
Rayxor
CC Veteran

Post by Rayxor »

Not bad for a years worth of Semin.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-sign-f-semi ... l-1.335588
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Well, they hit the salary cap on the ice, so spending like drunken sailors off the ice is the only place they have to go. I don't think Shanny, et. al. can fix the Leaves. And, getting a 72 year old for GM seems a little desperate.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Rayxor wrote:Not bad for a years worth of Semin.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-sign-f-semi ... l-1.335588
Did Marc Bergevin wipe his chin during the press conference?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Holtby signs 5 years, 30.5 for a cap hit of 6.1.

Man just think, Benning should have gone after Holtby, for 100,000 more than he is paying Miller! Fuc* I want a new GM.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hockey Widow wrote:So if Lance Bouma got 2.2 cap for three years is that what Sven wants?
I'm not sure Bouma is an accurate comparison for Sven. Bouma was just negotiating his 4th pro contract, after signing back to back one year "show me" deals the past couple summers. He's played two full season's in the NHL now, and earned his current deal after a strong 16 goal campaign.

Beartschi has just completed his ELC, and has yet to establish himself as a full time NHLer. His leverage in minimal, yet will likely settle for a one year "show me" deal that's guaranteed one-way.

I suspect the main reason a deal hasn't been signed yet is because its not on the front burner and Benning has a few irons in the fire. Teams are in stand-pat mode until arbitration concludes, and many have little or no room under the cap.

As for Buoma, $2-3 seems to be the going rate for solid, two-way bottom six forwards nowadays. Good news for the Canucks who have a couple dependable vets in that price range whom teams may covet come March. :thumbs:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So if Lance Bouma got 2.2 cap for three years is that what Sven wants?
I'm not sure Bouma is an accurate comparison for Sven. Bouma was just negotiating his 4th pro contract, after signing back to back one year "show me" deals the past couple summers. He's played two full season's in the NHL now, and earned his current deal after a strong 16 goal campaign.

Beartschi has just completed his ELC, and has yet to establish himself as a full time NHLer. His leverage in minimal, yet will likely settle for a one year "show me" deal that's guaranteed one-way.

I suspect the main reason a deal hasn't been signed yet is because its not on the front burner and Benning has a few irons in the fire. Teams are in stand-pat mode until arbitration concludes, and many have little or no room under the cap.

As for Buoma, $2-3 seems to be the going rate for solid, two-way bottom six forwards nowadays. Good news for the Canucks who have a couple dependable vets in that price range whom teams may covet come March. :thumbs:
Agree with abovers post.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau