The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle was a huge fan of Jake Bean at his draft, he’s played 2 NHL games thus far. He was drafted 13th overall in 2016. Olli’s draft
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am
ESQ wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:15 am
Mëds wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:01 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:02 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:13 am There’s a comment from Doc in the draft thread right before the draft saying he’d “go to the dark side” if they drafted Petey. He was on literally nobody’s radar here.
That's not what I said, I made a joke about all the Vilardi-lovers, here it is:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 71#p283171

FFS... PADDY, DUDE, AND I WERE DRIVING THE PETEY BANDWAGON PRIOR TO THE DRAFT:
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Yeah I'm starting to be sold on the idea of Pettersen.
Okay, Pettersen it is! :rockin:
Look at us agreeing Doc this is oddly strange...
Then it must be destiny! :rockin:
:rockin:
Your comment is what it is. You can spin it however you want, but at the time it reads like you didn't want him.

"He better not... some more of us..."

Kudos to Paddy though. :drink:
I think at that time the "dark side" was the side touting Benning as a genius, that's how I read it.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:53 pm
Paddy sure... walk the thread back and the Dud is up and down and side to side like a fucking jellyfish. Get serious he zeroed in on Pettersson. :lol:

Your comment is your comment.
Of course Dude is, he posts in those threads for 2-3 years pre draft. Plenty of time to change one's mind c(and not after the fact, like some posters at other boards with a "track record").

Actually nvm, Dude also changes his mind after the fact all the time. One of the most enjoyable things to observe on board :lol:
It’s funny all the pro scouts had Veleno, McIsaac and Wise going top 5 a year prior to their drafts but it’s a travesty if ole Chef gets pigeon holed with his scouting reports at certain time periods. Adjustments

BTW ole Doyle was angry we took Madden instead of Wise
You do realize people are capable of reading the old threads right? And yet you persist in lying like a cheap rug on a consistent basis. You’re better than this. :?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:34 am Doyle was a huge fan of Jake Bean at his draft, he’s played 2 NHL games thus far. He was drafted 13th overall in 2016. Olli’s draft
Jakes a bit of a unique situation though in the sense he’s stuck behind a good defense. I’d be interested in him if he was a rhd.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:34 am Doyle was a huge fan of Jake Bean at his draft, he’s played 2 NHL games thus far. He was drafted 13th overall in 2016. Olli’s draft
Six months before his draft I had a post where I liked Jake Bean. Again, people can read amigo. You’re making a spectacle of yourself. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:40 am
Six months before his draft I had a post where I liked Jake Bean. Again, people can read amigo. You’re making a spectacle of yourself. :lol:
So was I right? You loved Jake Bean?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 am
Jakes a bit of a unique situation though in the sense he’s stuck behind a good defense. I’d be interested in him if he was a rhd.
I’d absolutely take a look at him if he’s available. Carolina has such a stacked defence and he’s apparently played well in the AHL. I believe he was in the conversation for top D man in the league. I thought I’d read somewhere that he can play the off side. I admittedly haven’t seen the kid since he played in the WJC but he was a dynamic player there. He’s put up solid numbers in the AHL.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jake Bean doesn’t stand up to Doyles hardened size criteria. He’s only 6’ - 175 lbs. can that be overlooked? Is he dynamic enough to make up for his slight body frame?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:00 am Jake Bean doesn’t stand up to Rosie when we are out together, but then neither do I. Her hardened size is frightening to many men. He’s only 6’ - 175 lbs. can that be overlooked? Is he dynamic enough to make up for his slight body frame?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:49 am
I’d absolutely take a look at him if he’s available. Carolina has such a stacked defence and he’s apparently played well in the AHL. I believe he was in the conversation for top D man in the league. I thought I’d read somewhere that he can play the off side. I admittedly haven’t seen the kid since he played in the WJC but he was a dynamic player there. He’s put up solid numbers in the AHL.
With the success vegas has playing only one(?) true rhd we might need to look at that. Tyramkin can play right side as can benn and Quinn, don’t know about rathbone and joulevi.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:27 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:49 am
With the success vegas has playing only one(?) true rhd we might need to look at that. Tyramkin can play right side as can benn and Quinn, don’t know about rathbone and joulevi.
Vegas ca do it because their forwards come back in support so well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Our forwards on the whole suck at coming back to help out on D. It was Keystone Cops and Charlie Chaplin meets Doyle at the end of the evening at the Arms trying to pick up the waitress for a night cap in the back. Sloppy
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Jim Benning's team ranking #3 in the league

Post by SKYO »

The 2020 NHL organizational rankings, a look at the top young talent within each NHL team, which will roll out over the next few weeks.
'Organizational Ranking #3: Vancouver Canucks'

paywall - https://theathletic.com/2035883/2020/09 ... r-canucks/

But only a $1 a month for a year right now, worth the buy.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Doyle missing the Dufferin?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This was very similar to the scrap Doyle had in Washington State

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Getting the Popcorn out for this trip down memory Lane... Seems like some around here need a lil reminder how the world works 8-) Stay strong Blob