GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:23 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:06 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 am Why would Markstrom accept a contract without trade protection?

The Islanders goaltending is fine. It’s not great but it’s decent.

You aren’t getting Dobson for Demko. :lol:
You’re a beaut McCrotchety - try the other way around - the Isles ain’t getting Demko for Dobson
You’re a complete fucking moron if you think Lou would make that trade.
Dude, Dobson isn’t even playing. He’s got Toews, Pulock, Pelech, Greene, Leddy, Mayfield all playing ahead. Demko was the talk of the NHL the last 3 games give your head a shake
3 games of stellar goaltending isn’t getting Dobson. Lay off the bumps your brain is getting pickled.
Dude get yer head out of Dobson’s ass ffs. Do you not think that Demko has impressed the hockey world. My gawd jabrone
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:30 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 am Hague isn’t playing, bums like Whitecloud are playing ahead of him maybe we can trade a 3rd round puck for him?
You really have no idea about player value, do you?
A 2nd round pick for Hague then, but that’s pushing it. Like Dobson he struggles to find a spot in the starting lineup. Losing their jobs to journeymen
Noah Dobson is a lot better prospect than Hague. Educate yourself how Barry Trotz has brought along young D men.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:33 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:06 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 am Why would Markstrom accept a contract without trade protection?

The Islanders goaltending is fine. It’s not great but it’s decent.

You aren’t getting Dobson for Demko. :lol:
You’re a beaut McCrotchety - try the other way around - the Isles ain’t getting Demko for Dobson
You’re a complete fucking moron if you think Lou would make that trade.
Dude, Dobson isn’t even playing. He’s got Toews, Pulock, Pelech, Greene, Leddy, Mayfield all playing ahead. Demko was the talk of the NHL the last 3 games give your head a shake
3 games of stellar goaltending isn’t getting Dobson. Lay off the bumps your brain is getting pickled.
Dude get yer head out of Dobson’s ass ffs. Do you not think that Demko has impressed the hockey world. My gawd jabrone
Your concept of value is way out of whack. Demko for Timmins however makes some sense and it seems well thought out in stark contrast to your valuation of Dobson.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It amazes me you value a D-man who has yet to do anything special over young goalie who just blew the doors off the Hockey world. Playing the most important position in the playoffs. Get off the booze!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

To be honest, Timmins is frightening right now in a Ferland way. Apparently the hit from behind by the tiny Cogliano has returned the concussion he’s been struggling with the last couple years. I think you stay away from Timmins
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:41 am It amazes me you value a D-man who has yet to do anything special over young goalie who just blew the doors off the Hockey world. Playing the most important position in the playoffs. Get off the booze!
It doesn’t amaze me to see you writing off another young prospect from another team and calling him a scrub. You must be batting about .050 these days. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dude, there are teams with terrible goaltending situations that would pay dearly for Demko. Unfortunately NYI isn’t one of them they have one of the best goalie prospects out there - Ilya Sorokin. Button had him ranked 13th in his Top 50 NHL affiliated prospects list. He’s basically the 3rd best goalie not playing in the NHL behind NYR’s - Shesterkin and Florida’s - Knight

Button had Shesterkin ranked 1st and Knight ranked 12th

I get the sense Askarov is going to go a lot higher in the 2020 draft than expected
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:39 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:24 am Or...the isles have a gaping hole in net and a mountain of top tier defensemen. A striaght up Demko for any one of their top 4 D or Dobson would ease the sting of having to move him
I know it's a VERY small sample size.....BUT

Markstrom has not done what Demko just done.

2 goals against in 3 games on 130 shots.....all of them elimination games.

I'd hate to be in Benning's shoes right now. If he were to move Demko, even for a ridiculously good return, and Demko pans out and turns into an elite franchise goaltender, then Elmer would be crucified. If he moves Markstrom and Demko proves to be a flash in the pan or extremely injury prone, then Elmer will be stoned.
I agree. The only sensible thing is to hold on to both for at least one more season.

If Demko can do what he did this week on a regular basis, fine. Keep him and trade Marky. :thumbs:

But what if this was the one week in his life that everything just came together, and he’ll return to the 3.08 GAA and the .905 svs% of the regular season? In that case we’re way better off sticking with Marx and trading the Demigod. :|

We need a bigger sample size before we pull the trigger! :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Isles have one of the best goalie prospects in the game, really not sure why we keep mentioning the Isles as a potential suitor in a Demko trade. Lou is a patient man, I think they will wait on Sorokin

Not to mention he’s probably liking seeing how his Schneider Horvat trade worked out, but who knows, Lou likes his Americans - Demko and goalies since he rode on Brodeur for a decade
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Maybe there’s a package deal to be worked out with NYI or Carolina.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Anyway...

We had a good run. The future is bright.

That is all.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:28 am You sign Markstrom then trade Demko for a similar good young player on an entry level type contract. Demko’s stock is huge right now. We sign Marky we will lose Demko to Seattle so trading him is a must. We should be able to get a good young player for him. No draft picks please, you don’t waste Demko on a non guaranteed asset.

Colorado May like the idea of Demko. Timmins Demko trade?
Who the hell is Timmins?

A 21 year-old AHL defenseman with 4 games of NHL experience?

That kind of sounds exactly like the kind of "non guaranteed asset" that you just said not to waste Demko on.
Doyle wrote: Lay off the bumps your brain is getting pickled.
This is probably the most accurate statement in the entire conversation.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Per wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:03 am But what if this was the one week in his life that everything just came together, and he’ll return to the 3.08 GAA and the .905 svs% of the regular season?

This is what you say about a goalie in their late 20's and have already played a bunch of seasons.

Demko being a 24 yo with only one season as a backup under his belt, I think we need to see his playoff performance as a coming out party for what could be one of the next great goalies in the league. Goalies who can win playoff games by themselves are impossible to find, he literally won us 2 of the 3 games himself and almost the 3rd. Even Hrudey said he's never seen anything like this before. Hard to say really where Demko goes from here, but all I know is what I've seen I am not taking any chances of letting him do his thing elsewhere. Any thoughts of trading him is an absolute non-starter for me.

Tough though with Marky, really hate to be in Benning's shoes on this one.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Zamboni Driver wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:40 pm
Zamboni Driver wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 pm He's had about 6 years to rebuild, so what the heck is going on?
Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Miller, Demko is what's going on.

The overpaid bottom six is regrettable for sure and absolutely reason for criticism,
Yes I guess we're going to be dazzled by Loui for two more seasons. And an NTC...

Ferland with a NMC? What's up with that?
Without a doubt, one way or another, Loui will be gone in a year.

(personally I choose to believe he will be gone this off-season)

Ferland's NMC? A lot of UFAs won't sign without some form of trade protection.

*shrug*

It means he gets some say in choosing if and where he gets traded, which is fair enough.

BTW Ferland doesn't need to be protected in the X-draft, Jimmy had it written in the contract.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 pm One thing is for certain is Vegas are sore winners. Extremely arrogant team, self entitled. My respect for Mark Stone sank very low. Not a lot of class on that team
Why is this?