GDT: R2/G6 Sep 3 Vancouver - Vegas 6:45 Snet - Take it to game 7!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: GDT: R2/G6 Sep 3 Vancouver - Vegas 6:45 Snet - Take it to game 7!

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:24 am 1994: Down 3-1 against the Flamers in the 1st round... Courtnall, Linden, (The Save) Brown -> Bure.

2020: Down 3-1 against the Golden Cucks in the 2nd round... Demko, Demko, Demko (Bo with the EN)

There's precedent. Just sayin'... :mex:
Let's stop alluding to past failures
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:24 am 1994: Down 3-1 against the Flamers in the 1st round... Courtnall, Linden, (The Save) Brown -> Bure.

2020: Down 3-1 against the Golden Cucks in the 2nd round... Demko, Demko, Demko (Bo with the EN)

Don't forget 1991 Down 3-1 to the Jets and 2003 Down 3-1 against the Blues.

...and almost against the Rangers as I referenced earlier. We're no strangers to down 3-1 and getting 'er done.

Not to mention VGK blew a 3-1 series lead just last year, and much like this series they had pretty decisive victories in Games 3 and 4 to go up 3-1 only to have the Sharks climb back. Hope the memory haunts them.
Last edited by Nuckertuzzi on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Some great performances.Thatcher, Quinn, Elias, even Jake and Troy. Tyler Motte, Bo, steady Eddy and more.
Got a real big part of the job done, now let's finish it.
Stay the course.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:26 am

Let's stop alluding to past failures
What?! If you hadn't noticed, this franchise is chock full of failures. By those standards, we have nothing to celebrate.

C'mon man, that series was a great comeback :thumbs:
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 am
...and almost against the Rangers as I referenced earlier. We're no strangers to down 3-1 and getting 'er done.
Dude, don't mention the war... you want to get banned by Corn?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Another solid game for JT Miller also, don't ya think? ...
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:41 pm ... I’m a tryng desperately to sobr uup for tis game,
:mrgreen: as you never watched games like a cannon.

SHUTOUT

Btw love this team.

It's not all 'bout Demko, it's the whole team around him playing with the heart of Mottsters.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:39 pm Ya back to back for game 7 sucks but it won't be just us that is tired. I thought we played a good game tonight. Yes we were badly out shot and yes Demko stood tall. But defensively we listed second chances and kept them to the outside. They are getting frustrated. We have taken their BS and held our own.

Game 7:

Would be nice if our PP came alive.
Would be nice if we could eliminate penalties.
Would be nice if we had our forecheck going.
Would be nice if we could score first again.

All we need is one game where we play our best for 60 minutes. One game where we are the better team.

Everyone wants to talk about how Markstrom and now Demko are stealing games. But yet we are scoring goals. Goalies don't do that. The team has not wasted great goaltending. Thats key. How many years has goaltending let us down when we have had great teams? It is nice that both guys are playing great. But the team in front of them has to score for us to win so let's credit our goal production. Our best players are being our best players.
I'm wondering if Green & Co. have finally learned to make game to game adjustments.....it's looking like it.

We are letting Vegas wear themselves out on their own strengths. Watching last night I paid attention to what some of the analysts said about the scoring chances and the lack of actual grade A chances for Vegas. They actually don't have anyone who can pass the puck like Petey, Hughes, or even Boeser and Miller. The Knights' strength is their team attack, dog-on-raw-meat puck pursuit, and neutral zone hustle.....which generally means a good chance of winning. The Canucks counterattack has been to choke the slot, cover the middle point, and allow Vegas to have the ice to the outside of the faceoff dots, while focusing largely on letting Demko see the first shot and clearing the second shot opportunities.

I don't think I was imagining it when I said I saw a slower Knights team in the 3rd period. Every mistake seemed to go back to the Vegas end with speed that they couldn't quite match.

For your Game 7 keys we need to

1. Fix our PP zone entry. Read when and when not to drop pass. Vegas was waiting for it by the 2nd period. Once setup we actually move the puck quickly and get Vegas scrambling.

2. We can only try and control our sticks and defensive zone clears. Last night was a debacle of officiating bias.

3. The forecheck doesn't work as well against Vegas because they have a strong transition game and we need our energy to play the defensive system that counters them.

4. Scoring first is a must against Vegas. We can't chase them.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cookie La Rue wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:40 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:41 pm ... I’m a tryng desperately to sobr uup for tis game,
:mrgreen: as you never watched games like a cannon.

SHUTOUT

Btw love this team.

It's not all 'bout Demko, it's the whole team around him playing with the heart of Mottsters.
well, since I am superstitious, I am starting drinking again in 10 minutes :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Shit, i'm drinking for the last 24 hours now. :rockin: :cheers:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'