LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm

Isn't that exactly what this thread is as well? A place to complain about HF Boards. Just like HF Boards is a place to complain about management. I don't really see difference.
Lol... you think we are complaining about hfboards Canucks? And to be fair it’s just the Canucks forum. The rest of hfboards is actually a pretty decent resource. The Canucks forum is a swamp of urine, pus, feces and tears. We are roaring with laughter at that forum, not complaining about it. I see a massive difference. There isn’t the hive mind here that has taken over that place.

Say hi to Tantalum for me. He was once a pretty reasonable fan, that now appears to have eaten too many hamburgers riddled with paint chips and crayons.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:57 pm
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm That's why I wrote 'can' and not 'will' lol.

Just look at Benning's record when he headed the scouting department in Boston. It's pretty brutal. Their Cup core had already been assembled before he was put into that position. I think his best picks were like Barkowski and Caron?
OMG that's horrible if true!... sure glad you wrote 'can' and not 'will'. :mex:

Whatever, why whine about management when the team is progressing with an exiting young core in place?

(don't answer that it was a rhetorical question designed to get you to consider how insane you've become)

I don't know/don't give a fuck what happened in Boston, I was just mocking your past behavior/predictor statement.

We are where we are as a team, and it's a good place to be.

You fucked-up folk over there are just locked-in to your position because you're covering for the fact you shit yourselves.

Relax, we are all Canucks, the rest of us are willing to forgive and forget, we get it, rebuilds are difficult.

But you MUST stop this bizarrely hateful twisting of all things Benning first.

Let it go Edge, let it go...
What exactly am I twisting?
E V E R Y T H I N G

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm I think you have some strawman of me in your head or something.
Nope, just going by your posts in this thread so far my friend. :D

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm You seem to be more hellbent on attacking the character rather than the substance of posts though, and in a condescending way. Just shows you can't address the issues head on lol.
WTF man?!! :wow:

I'm a mod here, so I'm trying to do my job and keep this thread on topic.

This just happens to be a Laugh at the Mentally Ill HFers thread.

A guy would have to be stark staring mad to miss that! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:29 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:17 pm
Nope, just going by your posts in this thread so far my friend. :D

WTF man?!! :wow:

I'm a mod here, so I'm trying to do my job and keep this thread on topic.

This just happens to be a Laugh at the Mentally Ill HFers thread.

A guy would have to be stark staring mad to miss that! :drink:
Same here, I'm going off your posts on this board man. They generally are aimed at attacking the character behind the post and not what was actually said. I get that times are polarizing now more than ever, but it would be nice to hear reasons why these people are dumb, not just that they're dumb. Get what I mean? I'm all for having your own opinion (whatever it may be) as long as its somewhat defensible and has reasons behind it.
He's just not ever going to get it, is he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM. STAY. ON. TOPIC.

(you drooling loon you)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Talk about "missing the bus"! :mrgreen:

Luckily for him though, we're merciful...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I like this new guy, he really seems to do his homework. Posters like him I can really get behind! ZIP....
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm Past behaviour can be a predictor of future behaviour though. That's why Benning's intent to make those horrid moves is a bit alarming. Just like his ability at pro scouting NHL defencemen. He clearly just doesn't get it when you look at all the players he's brought in. We're still not in the playoffs yet (qualifying round isn't actually the playoffs), but that's a bit of a nitpick so I don't care to debate it. I dunno if Benning rebuilt from scratch when we already had our #1 goaltender, #2 centre and captain, and half our top 4 defence in place. Seems like a bit of a stretch to push a narrative. The whole point of hating on Benning is because I don't think he's the man to construct a Cup team based on what I've seen.
Being stuck with the previous GM's ridiculous four year, fifty-six million dollar commitment to two aging Swedish stars was never going to be
a cake walk and as I recall, people were already screaming for a rebuild before it was consummated but what did they know..
If you want to pin the Eriksson six for six abortion on Benning, I guess that's fair play however I don't think I'm the only one that believes others
may well have had somewhat of a voice on that decision.
The drafting has improved with Benning overall. I will give ole pink faced lawyer credit for his last. It was obvious as heck but it was good.
Better late.......you know. Jim"s 2016 hasn't panned out. We all know that. Doesn't mean it's unforgivable. He said we drafted for position.
I, would have picked Matthew Tkachuk but Olli Juolevi would have been my second choice. At the time of that pick, almost everyone believed
the Canucks were getting a premier defense man to be. He takes too much heat for that draft, IMO. There was much positivity surrounding Olli.
Cannot deny the drafting of players like Boeser and Gaudette are not an immense improvement to years gone by.
Much more to say! Itls late. Drop by again.
And remember; Too much bleach can discolor.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Micky wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:47 am
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm Past behaviour can be a predictor of future behaviour though. That's why Benning's intent to make those horrid moves is a bit alarming. Just like his ability at pro scouting NHL defencemen. He clearly just doesn't get it when you look at all the players he's brought in. We're still not in the playoffs yet (qualifying round isn't actually the playoffs), but that's a bit of a nitpick so I don't care to debate it. I dunno if Benning rebuilt from scratch when we already had our #1 goaltender, #2 centre and captain, and half our top 4 defence in place. Seems like a bit of a stretch to push a narrative. The whole point of hating on Benning is because I don't think he's the man to construct a Cup team based on what I've seen.
Being stuck with the previous GM's ridiculous four year, fifty-six million dollar commitment to two aging Swedish stars was never going to be
a cake walk and as I recall, people were already screaming for a rebuild before it was consummated but what did they know..
If you want to pin the Eriksson six for six abortion on Benning, I guess that's fair play however I don't think I'm the only one that believes others
may well have had somewhat of a voice on that decision.
The drafting has improved with Benning overall. I will give ole pink faced lawyer credit for his last. It was obvious as heck but it was good.
Better late.......you know. Jim"s 2016 hasn't panned out. We all know that. Doesn't mean it's unforgivable. He said we drafted for position.
I, would have picked Matthew Tkachuk but Olli Juolevi would have been my second choice. At the time of that pick, almost everyone believed
the Canucks were getting a premier defense man to be. He takes too much heat for that draft, IMO. There was much positivity surrounding Olli.
Cannot deny the drafting of players like Boeser and Gaudette are not an immense improvement to years gone by.
Much more to say! Itls late. Drop by again.
And remember; Too much bleach can discolor.
Well said Mick.

Very true, there are really no fans who liked the LE signing but that was done when Owner's still wanted to make money and hope for the playoffs. JB like all GMs have made mistake but at HF it has gone beyond how normal fans would act, the pure craziness on how some posters act is just plain weird.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:07 pm
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm

Isn't that exactly what this thread is as well? A place to complain about HF Boards. Just like HF Boards is a place to complain about management. I don't really see difference.
Lol... you think we are complaining about hfboards Canucks? And to be fair it’s just the Canucks forum. The rest of hfboards is actually a pretty decent resource. The Canucks forum is a swamp of urine, pus, feces and tears. We are roaring with laughter at that forum, not complaining about it. I see a massive difference. There isn’t the hive mind here that has taken over that place.

Say hi to Tantalum for me. He was once a pretty reasonable fan, that now appears to have eaten too many hamburgers riddled with paint chips and crayons.
I'm not much of an authority on HF as I only started lurking there in the early Gillis days, but it did seem more positive until the team needed to rebuild. I guess what I'm trying to say is, is it really the people that are negative, or just because the team sucked for 5 years? I don't recall HF Boards being that bad when the team was good. And I don't think there's a hive mind at HF. There are quite a few pro-Benning posters active.
Benning is just a fall guy for a historically very fickle disgruntled fan base. The Negative fan base has always been there. Due to the Market conditions in Vancouver it’s not completely in Bennings control nor is it in Aqualini’s.

Vancouver’s Ticket Fan base is unlike the other Canadian markets whereby when the team starts losing the seats go empty. Maybe Ottawa has similar struggles but their ticket base woes have more to do with where their arena is located. Winnipeg has a small arena and not the corporate investment, but they will still sell out win or lose because it’s the only show in town same with Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal - win or lose they still sell out - Not in Vancouver. I have a history with the Aqualini’s, a little insight, trust me, they are all about the bottom line - the finances. They don’t like to lose money.

When Linden was around, a guy who oddly enough is currently being defended by the HF mental illness mainly because of the Benning Blame Game, but in the beginning when Linden was here the media kept asking him “why aren’t you rebuilding? The fans want a rebuild! But you are advocating a retool on the fly?!?” Linden kept responding with - “we can’t, we can’t.....” why do you think he kept saying that? Benning? Do the math O Sweet Lord. The Canadian dollar, the fickle fan base, the kind of owners, below average corporate support, putrid traffic for getting downtown, expensive city, the cost of living here, expensive downtown parking, expensive tickets not to mention that we live in a city with many “other things” to do - competing markets . It’s a struggle for the owners here but one thing we do know about our market - the team loses the seats go empty and the owners lose money, the team wins and all is good

Benning shows up here and that was the mantra presented to him by the owners. Which got us to the “retool on the fly”. Totally understandable - the situation and to go to back - it’s why Gillis was fired as he wanted to rebuild in 2013, but the owners wanted none of it, i actually have some respect for Gillis at that time for pushing “a rebuild”, the result? Fired. So due to this cities market conditions and the contracts Benning inherited a full rebuild wasn’t on the table, but let’s sweep that under the carpet.

Fast forward 3 years later when the Aqualini’s finally warmed up to a rebuild, Benning in fact has done remarkably well in that time, seamlessly bringing in the elite pair in Pettersson and Hughes just as the elite pairing of the Sedins just retired. At tgat time the fans were crying “how are we going to replace the Twins!” But let’s deflect all that and insert the Brackett nonsense - how convenient. There is always another angle for the HF mental illness to gravitate to - enter Brackett

The Miller trade was absolutely brilliant and perfectly timed with the young group here. This Trade deserves no controversy yet at the mental illness HF it goes on and on and on

So how do the bat shit crazies over there now spend their time - arguing over who wanted to draft Pettersson? Fuck me.

The Tank Thread was an absolute disgrace and only reminded ys all of that the “negative” fan base in this city that Meg spoke so eloquently of is alive and well, bitch and complain, bitch and complain....This city needs a fall guy. You do know that Tanking is a little bit urban myth more than anything do you. If you don’t agree with this, well I guess you’re loyal to the narrative. It’s been only a handful of times it’s been noted blatantly obvious with some teams but professional athletes, coaches and to a lesser degree - management are hardwired to win, it’s all they know and why they exist. Rarely if ever do owners accept a “full tank”. Owners are mostly motivated by the bottom line, not rocket science there. So that despicable Tank Thread was the most misguided fandom thread ever created yet it’s main players claim to be smarter than everyone? Go figure. Idiots truly, crying babies.

You being such a smart man o sweet lord, with the kind of owners we have here, fickle market/fan base, the old and done team he inherited, it’s contacts with old and done players, 6 years of absolute dismal drafting resulting in the leagues worst prospect pool, exactly how long did tug expect this turnaround to take. A smart would note the many factors involved in the struggle to turn it around instead of casting blame one “one individual”. And this my friend is exactly why we are amused by the Benning obsession at HF via posters who claim to be smarter than everyone. Now go back and re-read Megs post regarding the “Negative element” in this city. You might learn something the real reason why Benning still has a job here. Try leaving your emotions at the door. Stop looking for a fall guy. Broaden the imagination. Or? Just kindly park yourself in that Negative group Meg spoke and spare us the agony of trying to help you out but to no avail
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is Ledge Lord...lord of the Ledge-Folk?

The team is tracking into a strong contender with a stable full of dynamite prospects and young talent yet there they are...lined up on the ledge of who was ultimately first in recommending this or that prospect...rediculous

HOLY FUCK LEDGE-FOLK....EVERYONE TO THE LEDGE....!
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:03 am
RD Post
OK - this is bloody fantastic.

RD you have to edit this slightly, take out the "name calling" and post it at HF. Very well written and it will be interesting to watch the reaction over there. The reason I say take out the name calling is so they do not delete your post.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 am
RD Post

RD you have to edit this slightly, take out the "name calling" and post it at HF. Very well written and it will be interesting to watch the reaction over there. The reason I say take out the name calling is so they do not delete your post.
No need Reef....theyre all here lurking and frothing as we speak
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:00 am
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 am
RD Post

No need Reef....theyre all here lurking and frothing as we speak
Be deleted anyways. No reason. Just: Where did it go?
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:49 pm
You just proved my point, Chief :D
Hey dude, thanks for coming over and injecting some life into this board.

But you seem to be trying to distill the debates on this board from the recent posts in this thread. This thread is not where the lengthy/ad nauseam debates about the rebuild occurred, and certainly not in recent months. This thread is mostly the observations of people who were kick-banned from HFBoards, plus the observations of the Good Doctor, who is trying to treat the sickness of HFBoards.

We've all been through the "picks and prospects being pissed away" issue, the "didn't start a re-build soon enough" issue. One thing that we generally don't care about is these trade rumours that you're seemingly so worried about, because we have a fairly healthy disregard for internet rumour-mongers and put little to no weight on them. Such rumours like you've mentioned - of trades that never happened - don't really impact my opinion of the job Benning has done at all.

That's all I wanted to say, feel free to stick around and I hope you post in other threads. In spite of how juvenile this particular thread is, I think you'll find this site a much healthier place to waste spend time on than HFBoards!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:23 am
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:49 pm

We've all been through the "picks and prospects being pissed away" issue, the "didn't start a re-build soon enough" issue. One thing that we generally don't care about is these trade rumours that you're seemingly so worried about, because we have a fairly healthy disregard for internet rumour-mongers and put little to no weight on them. Such rumours like you've mentioned - of trades that never happened - don't really impact my opinion of the job Benning has done at all.

This is it, this describes HF perfectly. The way they grab a rumour or read between lines is amazing.

Look Linden licked his lips, this meant JB is an idiot.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

JD Burke is sweaty, he’s chunky, he has a smarmy look and attitude about him. His actual takes on hockey suck and he wears a string tie.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”