R2 - Canucks vs vegas - 2020 Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: R2 - Canucks vs vegas - 2020 Playoffs

Post by Carl Yagro »

Having Louis Domingue sitting on the bench makes your starter play out of his fucking mind.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:40 pm Having Louis Domingue sitting on the bench makes your starter play out of his fucking mind.
A week ago;

:hmmm:
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:11 am
Cornuck wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:06 am If Marky wasn't even healthy enough to sit on the bench, I'm not sure I want him starting 2 days later. Demko gets my vote (in case Green wanted my opinion)
My gut tells me he was pulled due to extreme fatigue/dehydration/over worked so i can see a situation where hes ready to go tomorrow
If he wasn't able to dress,it's a groin & he's done for at least this series
Demko it is then!!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'd say Demko's performance last night was something the Canucks haven't had thus far in the series - really, really good luck.

As St Louis, LA, and other recent Cup Champs have demonstrated, a whole lot of good luck is necessary to go all the way.

I think Game 6 vs. St Louis was the best we've seen the Canucks play this postseason, and I don't think they've matched that yet in this series. If they put forward that kind of performance in games 6 and 7, and they continue to get lucky with Demko, they could win the series still.

Its looking less likely, sure, but hey - they've won 9 playoff games this year, making this the 4th best postseason in franchise history!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Between games pressers with Travis Green first then Tyler Myers and Oscar Fantenburg.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/playo ... /c-5411865

Travis can't give out much on updates. He's very mild mannered yet condescending to QEs that are just a bit naive...

Myers sounds real happy to be back and contributing. He's seen plenty.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I will say this about the Series. What I’ve learned. Shea Theodore is a very good player
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So is Nate Schmidt
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 pm So is Nate Schmidt
Yes him too.

Vegas is going to get a taste of their medicine in Seattle’s expansion draft. They are going to lose a good player
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 pm So is Nate Schmidt
They both are. Eye Bags could have nailed the 2013 draft with Horvat and Theodore. The kid was right under their noses growing up in Aldergrove. Gillis pissed the bed and took Shinkaruk.

As an asside, Heiskanen is a treat to watch. The 2017 draft has the three best players going 3/4/5. Hischier is ok but Patrick has been hammered by injuries. Either way Heiskanen , Petterson and Makar are miles ahead.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Second hand news but it sounds like the Canucks aren't too thrilled with the shitty scheduling.

I'm glad they're complaining about this back to back twice business.

John Shannon reporting Benning and Aquilini both called the NHL to try to have Game 7 scheduled for Saturday

Benning tried to make a deal with the NHL that if they schedule Game 7 for Sat, the Canucks would be willing to play back to back for Game 1/2 in the 3rd round.

(1040)

https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/1301 ... 67872?s=20
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:17 pm As an asside, Heiskanen is a treat to watch. The 2017 draft has the three best players going 3/4/5. Hischier is ok but Patrick has been hammered by injuries. Either way Heiskanen , Petterson and Makar are miles ahead.
Yeah, pretty amazing at 3/4/5. All these young guys are already superstars in the league.

Too bad for Patrick, who knows what will happen to his career? But I think these other 2017 first-rounders will have solid to very good careers:

Hischier
Martin Necas
Nick Suzuki
Robert Thomas

Overall, a pretty good draft.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:34 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:17 pm As an asside, Heiskanen is a treat to watch. The 2017 draft has the three best players going 3/4/5. Hischier is ok but Patrick has been hammered by injuries. Either way Heiskanen , Petterson and Makar are miles ahead.
Yeah, pretty amazing at 3/4/5. All these young guys are already superstars in the league.

Too bad for Patrick, who knows what will happen to his career? But I think these other 2017 first-rounders will have solid to very good careers:

Hischier
Martin Necas
Nick Suzuki
Robert Thomas

Overall, a pretty good draft.
Don’t forget Kole Lind

Even a healthy Patrick is no competition for Petey, Heisk and Makar. Patrick shouldn’t have been drafted in the top 10, he’s nowhere near dynamic. Suzuki is a way better player. he will be top 5 best in this class
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 pm Vegas is going to get a taste of their medicine in Seattle’s expansion draft. They are going to lose a good player
Nope. :(

Vegas doesn't participate in the Seattle X-draft.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken ... -302586918
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:40 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 pm Vegas is going to get a taste of their medicine in Seattle’s expansion draft. They are going to lose a good player
Nope. :(

Vegas doesn't participate in the Seattle X-draft.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken ... -302586918
Da fuck, enough with the spoiling of the Knights
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:38 pm Don’t forget Kole Lind

Patrick shouldn’t have been drafted in the top 10, he’s nowhere near dynamic. Suzuki is a way better player. he will be top 5 best in this class
Yeah, I'll try to remember Kole Lind... when he plays his first NHL game.

I think Patrick is a top 10 talent. Hindsight 20/20.

Suzuki is underrated. Super-smart, good playmaker. Probably more offensively gifted than given credit for. Likely size and speed dropped him down.