Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Feb, 2011. Yes things were ugly”

Dumb comment.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:02 am “He sounded like a cokehead on air”

Who knows how often the guy was using? It only takes once to hit a bad batch and end up tits up.

Between yours and Gohmert’s comments you guys were pretty plugged into his lifestyle and habits.
Listen booze why are you on me like white on rice? When you’re cokin’ up with a young family of 3, something is a foul. Doesn’t strike me as casual partaker, plus he was wound up tighter than a garage door spring his last while on air. Check the tape
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s irresponsible to assume that he was a raging cokehead.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:07 pm It’s irresponsible to assume that he was a raging cokehead.
You’re right I don’t know. I do find it peculiar he’s doing it at home, where he passed. In my opinion, and just an opinion, someone who is casual about it isn’t typically doing it while at home around his young family but typically causal users are coming across it by given bumps at a social event of some kind
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:07 pm It’s irresponsible to assume that he was a raging cokehead.
You’re right I don’t know. I do find it peculiar he’s doing it at home, where he passed. In my opinion, and just an opinion, someone who is casual about it isn’t typically doing it while at home around his young family but typically causal users are coming across it by given bumps at a social event of some kind
Was he at home? I thought he'd been away from home for 3 days by the time he died.

Lots can be inferred or surmised from that, but it doesn't really change the fact that he had a drug problem that killed him.

If you're on the "destigmatize" bandwagon, you think it's wrong to be judgmental and blame the unsafe drug supply.

I know a lot of drug addicts (through work) and i give them a bit more personal agency - by 2019, nobody was getting fentanyl by accident, and certainly not in cocaine.

It's certainly sad, but ultimately his family decided to share this information.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:27 pm
Was he at home? I thought he'd been away from home for 3 days by the time he died.

Lots can be inferred or surmised from that, but it doesn't really change the fact that he had a drug problem that killed him.

If you're on the "destigmatize" bandwagon, you think it's wrong to be judgmental and blame the unsafe drug supply.

I know a lot of drug addicts (through work) and i give them a bit more personal agency - by 2019, nobody was getting fentanyl by accident, and certainly not in cocaine.

It's certainly sad, but ultimately his family decided to share this information.
Apparently he died in a home in Maple Ridge. Sounds like it wasn’t his home. I thought he died at home
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fentanyl works fast, but only lasts an hour this article says. Also mentions it was originally used to make deaths painless!
Fentanyl: Drug That Killed Mac Miller, Prince and Tom Petty Has Long History of Abuse
Fentanyl is 80 times as potent as morphine and hundreds of times more potent than heroin.

https://people.com/music/fentanyl-drug- ... -of-abuse/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:22 pm Fentanyl works fast, but only lasts an hour this article says. Also mentions it was originally used to make deaths painless!
Fentanyl: Drug That Killed Mac Miller, Prince and Tom Petty Has Long History of Abuse
Fentanyl is 80 times as potent as morphine and hundreds of times more potent than heroin.

https://people.com/music/fentanyl-drug- ... -of-abuse/
Fentanyl is used quite a bit for conscious sedation along with versed.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Opioid overdose deaths in BC seems to average between 135 and 175 per month. Jezus H. This last July was a record month - 175 deaths. Apparently cocaine dealers don’t know or claim to not know there is/was fentanyl in the drug they are selling. I find this hard to believe

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/b-c- ... -1.5078276
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ed Willes has retired. I’ve always liked Ed.

https://theprovince.com/sports/ed-wille ... toryteller
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have a hard time believing anyone with half a brain would purposely combine fentanyl and blow, knowing what we’ve all known for years. The way this story is being played out it seems people believe it was some sort of combo. If he got fentanyl, it’s because some scumbag stomped on the blow with fentanyl, among other things.

At the end of the day: legalize blow and heroin. Make it pure and stop the dog and pony show. And shoot any cocksucker that sells a hotshot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:22 pm I have a hard time believing anyone with half a brain would purposely combine fentanyl and blow, knowing what we’ve all known for years. The way this story is being played out it seems people believe it was some sort of combo. If he got fentanyl, it’s because some scumbag stomped on the blow with fentanyl, among other things.

At the end of the day: legalize blow and heroin. Make it pure and stop the dog and pony show. And shoot any cocksucker that sells a hotshot.
Yeah something needs to be done like yesterday, the opioid crisis is such a major crisis yet nobody knows how to deal with it or are just too chicken shit to want to deal with it.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Curious as to why nobody was getting fentanyl in cocaine as of 2019???
Did something happen in 2019 to change things?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:04 pm
Curious as to why nobody was getting fentanyl in cocaine as of 2019???
Did something happen in 2019 to change things?
Apparently fentanyl has been found in marijuana. There are evil bastards financial benefiting from the opioid crisis. The state of Oklahoma ordered Johnson and Johnson to pay $572 million in damages for the Opioid epidemic in Oklahoma. I believe Johnson and Johnson is the maker of Oxycotin

I believe fentanyl is mostly manufactured in Mexico and as you know Mexico is like the worlds distribution of all things illegal drugs. The ingredients come from China
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I could see fentanyl being used as a downer with cocaine to get you back up. Having said that I’ve never used anything harsher than weed so not too sure how this shit works.