LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm I guess Pat Quinn gets credit for adding Gretzky... twice!

(1988 and 1996)

So let's see, that's 2 Gretzkies for Quinn... he wins!!! :thumbs:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking lunatics...
Does that also mean we get credit for winning the Stanley Cup in 2011?

We did try pretty hard.
Exactly, the intent was to win the Cup, so...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:56 pm I guess Pat Quinn gets credit for adding Gretzky... twice!

(1988 and 1996)

Fucking lunatics...
We're not even talking about the same thing, you're losing track of what is being discussed. If Patt Quinn intended to acquire Gretzky twice then that's great - every GM in the league probably had the intent of trying to acquire him. That's just doing the bare minimum job requirements of a GM. He didn't actually acquire Gretzky twice though so I don't know why you're framing it that way or pretending to commend him. We're only looking at intent here, but I think the analogy might have confused you :lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm

(1988 and 1996)

Fucking lunatics...
We're not even talking about the same thing, you're losing track of what is being discussed. If Patt Quinn intended to acquire Gretzky twice then that's great - every GM in the league probably had the intent of trying to acquire him. That's just doing the bare minimum job requirements of a GM. He didn't actually acquire Gretzky twice though so I don't know why you're framing it that way or pretending to commend him. We're only looking at intent here, but I think the analogy might have confused you :lol:
That's you isn't Mëds! :wink:

FFS dude, you said you were only gonna make this character look slightly retarded..

That's a straight Simple Jack ripoff right there Mëds! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:01 pm
Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:49 pm But Benning did say that we were a team that "could be turned around in a hurry."
Compared to Buffalo’s Current long standing 9 year full tank rebuild and still tank rebuilding, Benning did turn it around in a decent, expected timeline when considering the shit show that he inherited from Mike “still not working in the NHL since he was fired” Gillis.
Buffalo is the exception to the rule.
9 out of 10 teams will naturally improve after receiving high draft picks for 5-10 years. You can find exceptions for sure, but good luck trying to find a fair comparable to the Canucks (a team that was able to spend to the salary cap every season in a desirable location for UFA signings, amongst other things).
But you Kats loved your Full Tank thread, in which thankfully was removed for your own good, it was concerning witnessing the mental illness in that thread. Mad at Benning for not engaging “the full tank”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

HF Canucks does provide an outlet for a longstanding subset of Vancouver hockey fans though and I personally think it's important that it carry on doing what it's been doing for the past several years, playoff tank threads and all. Vancouver has always had a very large, and very active negative hockey fan base and HF Canucks provides an important space for them to release all of their bile in a contained area. These folks are simply following in the footsteps of the people that booed and threw shit at Don Cherry and Dennis Kearns when they played for the Canucks in the '60s and '70s. It's a deeply rooted aspect of the local hockey culture, nurtured by a traditionally negative local sports media, and it isn't going anywhere any time soon imo.

As tankers there have pointed out, you fan either contain it or have it spill out into the mainstream and get all over everything.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:12 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:05 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm

(1988 and 1996)

Fucking lunatics...
Does that also mean we get credit for winning the Stanley Cup in 2011?

We did try pretty hard.
Exactly, the intent was to win the Cup, so...
All I'm getting out of this is that you guys only care about results (the moves didn't happen aside from signing Eriksson) than the process of getting there (Benning's intent to make other moves). That's fair, I think both matter and neither should be dismissed.
Only one of those matter.

Hint: It's a result orientated business.

Rebuild from scratch. DONE

Become playoff-competitive. DONE.

Become a contender. SOON?

Win the Cup. EVENTUALLY.

Unfortunately many fans lose their minds (and their shit!) in the Rebuild from Scratch phase.

I like you my friend, so please don't be offended when I say: You're mentally disturbed. :hmmm:

But we can help you! Now put down the sword my friend, put down the sword...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:23 pm HF Canucks does provide an outlet for a longstanding subset of Vancouver hockey fans though and I personally think it's important that it carry on doing what it's been doing for the past several years, playoff tank threads and all. Vancouver has always had a very large, and very active negative hockey fan base and HF Canucks provides an important space for them to release all of their bile in a contained area. These folks are simply following in the footsteps of the people that booed and threw shit at Don Cherry and Dennis Kearns when they played for the Canucks in the '60s and '70s. It's a deeply rooted aspect of the local hockey culture, nurtured by a traditionally negative local sports media, and it isn't going anywhere any time soon imo.

As tankers there have pointed out, you fan either contain it or have it spill out into the mainstream and get all over everything.
Good point Meg, it's a lot like COVID... well more like Ebola... containment is key.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm Isn't that exactly what this thread is as well? A place to complain about HF Boards. Just like HF Boards is a place to complain about management. I don't really see difference.
It's more like...

That place is a nut house and this a thread designated for laughing at those nutters.

Now, one could make the argument that it's wrong to laugh at nutters.

But that is beyond the scope of this particular thread (we must strive to stay on topic).

Perhaps one could start an "Is it Wrong to Laugh at Nutjobs?" thread in Creeper's forum?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm We're still not in the playoffs yet (qualifying round isn't actually the playoffs), but that's a bit of a nitpick...
Yup, that's why I said playoffs-competitive: DONE.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:39 pm People seem to get triggered by certain HF posters in this thread.
Nah, we're just assholes...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm Past behaviour can be a predictor of future behaviour though.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:23 pm HF Canucks does provide an outlet for a longstanding subset of Vancouver hockey fans though and I personally think it's important that it carry on doing what it's been doing for the past several years, playoff tank threads and all. Vancouver has always had a very large, and very active negative hockey fan base and HF Canucks provides an important space for them to release all of their bile in a contained area. These folks are simply following in the footsteps of the people that booed and threw shit at Don Cherry and Dennis Kearns when they played for the Canucks in the '60s and '70s. It's a deeply rooted aspect of the local hockey culture, nurtured by a traditionally negative local sports media, and it isn't going anywhere any time soon imo.

Isn't that exactly what this thread is as well? A place to complain about HF Boards. Just like HF Boards is a place to complain about management. I don't really see difference. I also don't really know how negative HF Boards posters are, or whether they're just victims of circumstance since management sucks and the Canucks had the worst record in franchise history recently. You can't just overlook the facts and say people are being negative just because they're negative lol, there's clearly valid reasons behind the mood of message board. The mood just reflects the teams' record if anything.
As I pointed out, the negative fan subculture and it's media equivalent goes back as far as I can remember and it's sure to remain long after I am gone. For my part though, I have determined to disentangle myself from it and just enjoy hockey in my sunset years. Anyone who likes the negativity has HF Canucks waiting there to accept them and to fuel their pessimism and that's as it should be in a market with a strong negative fan/media tradition like Vancouver or Toronto.The negative way isn't for me but if you enjoy it fill your boots as far as I'm concerned. It has deep roots in the local sports culture.

As far as the thread is concerned, it's just a thread and I don't spend a lot of time in it but it is good for a laugh from time to time. Newcomers flock to it like bees to homey though for sure :D
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Edge Lord wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm That's why I wrote 'can' and not 'will' lol.

Just look at Benning's record when he headed the scouting department in Boston. It's pretty brutal. Their Cup core had already been assembled before he was put into that position. I think his best picks were like Barkowski and Caron?
OMG that's horrible if true!... sure glad you wrote 'can' and not 'will'. :mex:

Whatever, why whine about management when the team is progressing with an exiting young core in place?

(don't answer that it was a rhetorical question designed to get you to consider how insane you've become)

I don't know/don't give a fuck what happened in Boston, I was just mocking your past behavior/predictor statement.

We are where we are as a team, and it's a good place to be.

You fucked-up folk over there are just locked-in to your position because you're covering for the fact you shit yourselves.

Relax, we are all Canucks, the rest of us are willing to forgive and forget, we get it, rebuilds are difficult.

But you MUST stop this bizarrely hateful twisting of all things Benning first.

Let it go Edge, let it go...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

69 guests.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

rats19 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 pm 69 guests.....
;)

el rey del mambo