CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:45 pm There are more white people shot by police than blacks
400 plus to 300 plus
I actually have a t-shirt that says White Lives Don't Matter. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

You’d think if it actually mattered to them they would say something about the inkilling
The 2500 I mean
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

C'mon Ratski, it's a sham, this isn't about black lives, it's about Marxism...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I’m saying it in a way that the others might understand

I know what’s going on doc
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:56 pm I’m saying it in a way that the others might understand

I know what’s going on doc
Thank God.

But unfortunately most of those "others" are brainwashed beyond redemption.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:27 pm self defense.
He's getting charged with multiple felonies.
Kyle Rittenhouse could get life in prison for murder ... along with 4 other felony charges.
He shot an unarmed individual and another person who threw a plastic bag at him.
The 17-year-old arrested in the fatal shooting of 2 Jacob Blake protesters in Kenosha allegedly killed at least one unarmed man, and could get life in prison for murder ... along with 4 other felony charges.

The criminal complaint against Kyle Rittenhouse was released Thursday, and it says the first person the Illinois teenager allegedly shot, Joseph Rosenbaum, "appeared to be unarmed for the duration of video" reviewed by investigators.

Prosecutors say Rosenbaum appeared to throw an object at Rittenhouse before the fatal shooting, and a second video apparently shows the object in question was nothing more than a plastic bag.

The complaint also says Rosenbaum leaned in toward Rittenhouse -- apparently trying to reach for his gun according to a witness -- and then fell to the ground after 4 loud bangs. Then Rittenhouse got on his cellphone to make a call, and prosecutors say he was overheard saying, "I just killed somebody" as he ran away. He's been charged with first-degree reckless homicide for Rosenbaum's death.

Rittenhouse is also charged with first-degree intentional homicide (murder in most states) of Anthony Huber. Prosecutors say Huber -- seen with a skateboard in several videos -- approached Rittenhouse, who was lying on his back, and appeared to reach for Rittenhouse's gun. According to the complaint, Rittenhouse fired a round, sending Huber staggering away before collapsing to the ground and dying from a gunshot wound.

All told, prosecutors charged Rittenhouse with 5 felonies -- the 3 others are 2 counts of first-degree reckless endangerment and one count of attempted first-degree intentional homicide.

That last count was for allegedly shooting Gaige Grosskreutz, who prosecutors say appeared to be armed, and suffered one non-lethal gunshot wound.

If convicted, Rittenhouse could face life in prison just for the first-degree intentional homicide of Huber. He's also facing one misdemeanor ... for possession of a dangerous weapon by someone under 18.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Don't fret none Skyo, Rittenhouse will get off, his lawyer will simply argue self-defense. :thumbs:

Or maybe he pleads guilty to the misdemeanor and 2 counts of reckless endangerment in a plea deal to drop the other charges

... and comes away with 6 months probation.

This kid will probably get rich from the book deals, don't you worry your purdy little head none Skyo!
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:48 pm https://amgreatness.com/2020/08/27/67740/

Nick sandman’s lawyer
HA!

Oh my God, Rittenhouse is going to come away filthy rich out of all this...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I've decided the only way I'll be able to watch the rest of the series and playoffs is on tape delay so you'll have to excuse my absence from the live game threads. Will reevaluate the situation next season.

Go Canucks!
el rey del mambo
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:51 pm You’d think if it actually mattered to them they would say something about the inkilling
The 2500 I mean
Hey Rats. Black Lives Matters is about racism, specifically (and this is from the BLM website) "the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state."

So although the inkilling, as you call it, is a problem for black lives, it's is a different problem to the one that BLM is focused on.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

It's been mostly peaceful though, and a colorful display at that.

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Images like this can help us imagine a brighter future:

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP