CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Mickey107 »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 am NBA may want to boycott all of the playoffs, MLB looks like they may just delay games for a few days.

If the NHL wants to do something and get a head of this they could just postpone all games for 2 days and start up again on Saturday.
one day for nba, 2F, it''l be 1 for nhl.

suspensions do nothing but create an even bigger problem
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 am NBA may want to boycott all of the playoffs, MLB looks like they may just delay games for a few days.

If the NHL wants to do something and get a head of this they could just postpone all games for 2 days and start up again on Saturday.
That would get Myers closer to returning... lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:14 am

That would get Myers closer to returning... lol
I was thinking that as well but didn't want to muddy the waters.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Micky wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:13 am

one day for nba, 2F, it''l be 1 for nhl.

suspensions do nothing but create an even bigger problem
OK now I see they are returning. Early this morning all I saw was boycott the playoffs so I assumed it was for a longer period of time.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Thing is if this is what we have come to then just shut it all down completely totally until society can get its shit together

I’m getting pretty much fed up with this

Fix it one way or another
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:01 am Are you fucking kidding me.... I’m not sure what I’ll do if this happens

I already don’t watch
NFL
NBA
MLB

They want to add NHL to that list ??
Well, not watching NFL, NBA or MLB makes sense. They are boring fringe sports that nobody cares for anyway. :drink:

But hockey...! I mean, how could you possibly go without it? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:20 am Thing is if this is what we have come to then just shut it all down completely totally until society can get its shit together

Holy smokes, Rats is starting to sound like a BLM protester. :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:20 am Thing is if this is what we have come to then just shut it all down completely totally until society can get its shit together

Holy smokes, Rats is starting to sound like a BLM protester. :)
Fan lives matter :wink:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Question #1 - what is a police office supposed to do if someone is not obeying their orders to stop moving? they have bean bag guns, tazers and guns that shots out a net.

Question #2 - Is there not a difference between a man who died because of someone kneeling on his neck vs. a man being shot because he was resisting arrest or disobeying a police officers orders. Are we not confusing this issue by treating these all the same.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

+1
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Well, looks like I won't be turning on my tv until possibly Saturday.

Maybe I'll be back, maybe not.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:40 pm
Fan lives matter :wink:
Fuckin rights Rats. What about us? The real victims in all this...

My entire evening is turned on its head. Where are the protests for that?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:57 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm
I heard he was resisting arrest, fighting cops, and tried to run to his car and shit... not sure if it’s true, but like Abe Lincoln once said:
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet”
Haven't you seen the video? It's all over the place. :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Yeah, sure, he seems to be resisting arrest, he is walking to his car, but to shoot him seven (sic!) times in the back, point blank, while you're tugging on his shirt seems a bit much imho. :|

There are three cops there, facing an unarmed man. They should find some better option to handling the situation than that.
As usual these days Per is not up to speed.

I miss the old Per! :(

UMMMMM. Y'know what other video is "all over the place" Per?

The one that shows Jacob Blake wrestling with those police officers in the dirt.

Yeah, that occurred just prior to the video clip you presented.

So yes he actually DID resist arrest.

And this cat isn't the wonderful family man you present him to be.

He's got a rap sheet as long as your arm!

We're talking felonies here and there was an active arrest warrant out for him.

For things such as assault with a weapon, domestic assault, and sexual assault.

He's a violent, dangerous individual and the cops knew that going in.

(police were called in because he was allegedly involved in yet another domestic dispute)

Then he allegedly pulls a knife (he's since admitted to this).

Seriously, what did he think would happen?

Maybe in Sweden when police say you're under arrest you are allowed to physically fight them and then pull a knife.

But on this side of the pond we're civilized folk for the most part. :drink:

1:40 mark is where Blake's criminal history is presented.

4:07 mark is where the EXTENDED video is presented (Blake wrestling with police).

But you really should watch the entire video to grasp what a farce this whole thing is.

This guy gets it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:46 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm Yes, they gave him bottled water BEFORE he shot anyone.

As your link said, they give out bottled water to all kinds of folk.
It was added for the audacity.
:lol:

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm The kid was not just "walking around with an AR-15"

Rittenhouse was there legally protecting a gas station.

The rioters were there illegally... because well they were rioters.
At the beginning to "protect" a gas station, however his Facebook was promoting Blue Lives Matter.
And? It makes total sense that a guy who would protect a gas station from arsonists would also support Blue Lives Matter.

Skyo, you don't carry some kind of a sick grudge against Blue Lives Matter supporters do ya pal? :wow:

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:46 am And Rioters? or protesters.
Rioters.

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm No one knows why he shot the first guy.
Doesn’t that make him dangerous?
No, because as the video shows, he seems to be a chap who only shoots people who attack him.

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm But given his actions we see in the videos that followed, he likely had good reason.
Likely had a good reason to murder someone in public? WOW
Self defense.

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm After shooting that first guy, he had to make his way to the police (a block away?).

Either that or more violence would surely follow (many rioters were also armed).
The protesters/rioters, were calling him out and pointing him out to the police and not shooting at him for him christs sake.
UMMMMM. They also knocked him to the ground, kicked him in the head, and tried to take his gun.

They didn't start "pointing him out to the police" until he finally got close to the police (a block from gas station).

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm Murderous threats were uttered towards him and eventually he was taken down by the mob.
Notice nobody killed or shot him?
Yes I did notice that actually...

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm At that point it became a matter of self-defense (note he only shot those he had to... to escape the mob)
Notice he’s the one being charged for murder? And not nobody else, as he KILLED people?
Yes I did notice that actually.

And I also noticed he KILLED those two in self-defense.

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm By the way, that one rioter who was shot in the arm was carrying a handgun.
OMG really!?! A handgun versus a semi-automatic rifle?
You're right, that wasn't fair, he should've just let the rioter shoot him! :lol:

I mentioned the handgun to remind you that some of the rioters were armed...

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm The other two assaulted him and tried to grab his gun.
Yes as he was killing people!
Nope.

He was walking towards the police and then those two assaulted him.

So he shot them in self-defense.

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm You said "the cops keep their cool with him and arrest him without having to blast him 10+ times".

Are you inferring that cops never shoot white guys when trying to make arrests?
I’m inferring in THIS instance versus Jacob instance, it’s painfully obvious the disregard for life for people of colour in MOST instances. White people with guns for whatever reason tend to get arrested without getting shot down, while people of colour holding a phone or a knife or nothing at all tend to get shot down neutralized, shoot first ask questions later by the police.
I guess you didn't know Rittenhouse was arrested the next day at his parents' house.

He didn't have a weapon at the time and was not resisting arrest.

Hell, if the cops had shot him, someone may have started a Teen Lives Matter movement! :D

SKYO wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm Meanwhile people of colour are getting blasted on with just having a knife or in this case Jacob Blake walking to his car with his kids in there to make sure they were ok.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM... after wrestling with the cops and getting tasered (didn't affect him for some reason)

... this violent fugitive from the law known as Jacob Blake went to his car to get his knife.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/loc ... 639429002/

https://www.newsweek.com/jacob-blake-kn ... j0-1527930

Don't get me wrong now Skyo, I do totally agree that black lives matter...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

There are more white people shot by police than blacks
400 plus to 300 plus
There were 14 unarmed ( but resisting) black men shot last year by police

Blacks killed 2500 other blacks last year in the USA

This will piss per off: George Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose autopsy reveals