GDT Aug 27 R2/G3 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45 Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

GDT Aug 27 R2/G3 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45 Snet

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The smirk has been wiped from their faces.

The Canucks will continue to move the puck and draw defenders/forecheckers out of position while absorbing the splashy hits to make the plays

Vancouver wins game 3
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT Aug 27 R2/G3 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45 Snet

Post by rats19 »

I think Vegas is angry.... weather the initial storm and take it to them from then on crisp passing and speed

4-2 canucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cluckers finish last! 5 - 2 Canucks.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Don't want to upset the hockey gods so I'll stick with my pattern and make no prediction. Just going to enjoy the game.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Keep Reaves on the bench. Keep Marchessault off social media.

Vegans make cucking sounds.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

looking like no game tonight
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

theman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:00 am looking like no game tonight

Because of the Hockey Diversity Alliance request and being like the NBA? I would hope the NHL doesn't cave to such things.

The NHL could say:

"We are committed to improving diversity within hockey, and we believe that programs like the Hockey Diversity Alliance are important to achieving our goal in bringing the greatest game on earth to as many people as possible without respect to race, gender, or sexual orientation. We feel that playing games is the way to do this."

I might say: "There is no difference between your request to me to shut down my business to show support for your cause (with an implied, "or else we will say your don't care about racism which makes you a racist") and a hypothetical request to dance naked in the street to show support for your cause. There is no connection between playing NHL games and any particular message, and we will not have words put into our mouths by the fact that we do not accede to your requests."
Last edited by UWSaint on Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hono_rary Canadian
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

theman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:00 am looking like no game tonight
Where are you getting this. NHL.com reads like they support the protests but games scheduled will play.
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

twitter

Friedman and others have been hinting at it. No idea why there is no official announcement yet.

https://theprovince.com/sports/game-3-b ... stponement
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Sportsnet 650
@Sportsnet650
#Canucks

Larry Brooks
@NYP_Brooksie
Told that the Canucks were the driving force behind ultimate position taken by players not to play...
1:02 PM · Aug 27, 2020
See Sportsnet 650’s other Tweets

Don't know how to properly link the tweet to a post, if someone could show me that would be great, but here it is. Sounds like we were the driving force behind this.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Your 4th option left to right is quote. Hit that and carefully post your copied tweet between them.
"evolution"
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

theman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:58 am Sportsnet 650
@Sportsnet650
#Canucks

Larry Brooks
@NYP_Brooksie
Told that the Canucks were the driving force behind ultimate position taken by players not to play...

Don't know how to properly link the tweet to a post, if someone could show me that would be great, but here it is. Sounds like we were the driving force behind this.
We? You mean Canucks players? Canucks management?

Here's what Kane is quoted as saying: ""We strongly feel [canceling games] sends a clear message that human rights take priority over sports."

You can connect any message to any not-naturally-connected act and have it mean something. So what? You could also just say what you mean.

Moreover, there a LOT of things that take priority over sports, but we don't stop participating in those lower value things, do we? My children take priority over sport, doesn't mean I don't tell them to stop bugging me while I'm watching the Canucks.

And what's Kane say about the NBA's relationship with China and what that says about the priorities of sport v. human rights....
Hono_rary Canadian
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:13 pm
theman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:58 am Sportsnet 650
@Sportsnet650
#Canucks

Larry Brooks
@NYP_Brooksie

We? You mean Canucks players? Canucks management?

Here's what Kane is quoted as saying: ""We strongly feel [canceling games] sends a clear message that human rights take priority over sports."

You can connect any message to any not-naturally-connected act and have it mean something. So what? You could also just say what you mean.

Moreover, there a LOT of things that take priority over sports, but we don't stop participating in those lower value things, do we? My children take priority over sport, doesn't mean I don't tell them to stop bugging me while I'm watching the Canucks.

And what's Kane say about the NBA's relationship with China and what that says about the priorities of sport v. human rights....
By 'we' I meant 'Canuck players.'
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Andy Strickland (Rinkside Reporter Fox Sports Midwest)
@andystrickland
·
37m
Can confirm the #NHL will postpone games today and tomorrow.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

I don't have a problem with this whatsoever. Word is Canucks might've been one of the driving forces in the postponement. Not sure if true but if it is it makes me proud. Could it be due to the heavy US contingent on the team?

Politics aside, from a hockey standpoint this might be a good thing for your Nucks. That is unless they impose a second back-to-back into this series but I think the extra couple of days rest could be a good thing to heal those shot-blocking bruises, and perhaps a game less of the scary bottom pairing together with Myers a day or two closer. Not to mention the mental rest for Marky. Didn't like the prospect of heading into the back-to-back with virtually no 2 day rests from the last one and since the start of this whole thing.
Last edited by Nuckertuzzi on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.