CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:26 pm You want to get super irritated? Go check out JD Burke in Twitter regarding this. Makes you want to punch non stop for eternity
Did you hear about his boyfriend trying to stop a Chjristian street preacher from preaching and getting his ass kicked for his trouble. Apparently he's a giant fat man who works for one of the local sports stations.

JD Burke was crying about it on his twitter actually :D
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:26 pm You want to get super irritated? Go check out JD Burke in Twitter regarding this. Makes you want to punch non stop for eternity
Did you hear about his boyfriend trying to stop a Chjristian street preacher from preaching and getting his ass kicked for his trouble. Apparently he's a giant fat man who works for one of the local sports stations.

Yeah I saw it, really fucking weird
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm .
Just wtf is happening to this planet?

All the Sportsnet crew... and I mean ALL... are saying today's NHL games should have been cancelled!

They ALL went out of their way to say this.

Christine Simpson said she is "sick to her stomach" that these games are being played! :wow:

All this because an unarmed black man, was shot by the police in America on Sunday.

Yes, it's utterly horrible that fellow was shot, but... cancel NHL playoff games because of it?? :crazy:

Is there a real-life invasion of the body snatchers going on? Am I the only sane one left?
I heard he was resisting arrest, fighting cops, and tried to run to his car and shit... not sure if it’s true, but like Abe Lincoln once said:
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet”
He's a wanted child sex offender too, that's our new poster boy for police violence.

Kind of makes you want to set a car dealership on fire and ruin people's lives doesn't it...
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lol, that’s the beauty of the whole thing he’s a child sex offender
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'm pro keep hockey going ...

I just I don't like how this 17 year old white boy Kyle Rittenhouse killed two people with his AR-15, walking around with his semi-automatic rifle and the cops keep their cool with him and arrest him without having to blast him 10+ times, hell they even gave him bottled water earlier.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/08/26 ... ave-scene/

Meanwhile people of colour are getting blasted on with just having a knife or in this case Jacob Blake walking to his car with his kids in there to make sure they were ok.
Witnesses who saw a Kenosha, Wisconsin, police officer shoot Jacob Blake on Sunday speculated that the 29-year-old father was checking on his three young sons when he opened the driver's side door of his SUV seconds before getting shot.

"Knowing Jacob, that's what he was doing. His kids are his priority. He wanted to make his kids safe," Dan Stone, who lives across the street from Blake and was there when he was shot, told Insider.

Stone, 68, said he has known Blake for about five years and referred to him as a "family man" who "took care of his family."

"The kids were screaming in the back seat, like any normal little kids would be. They sense that," Stone, who has lived in the neighborhood for 21 years, said.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Are you fucking serious? Do you understand what happened or just read the new headline and make a decision.

Wow I expected a little more from posters here.

And yes I do have friends/family who are in the LGBTQ group and I will not be silent why people act like bigots so flame away all you want.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Are you fucking serious? Do you understand what happened or just read the new headline and make a decision.

And yes I do have friends/family who are in the LGBTQ group and I will not be silent why people act like bigots so flame away all you want.
JD Burke and his friends claim the boyfriend tried to take the man's booth, microphone and speakers away from him and the street preacher somehow deliberately broke his leg. The preacher claims he acted in self defense and the injury was just a byproduct of the scuffle. What's your understanding.

And why would I care whether you have homosexual friendships or not?
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm All the Sportsnet crew... and I mean ALL... are saying today's NHL games should have been cancelled!
IF events were cancelled every time there was a case of police brutality, there were be no events happening. Period. Yes, this is a unique time, but with the league trying to get through the playoffs asap to avoid spreading disease, delays aren't needed.
NHL wrote:“Racism has been embedded in our society for far too long. Today and every day, the NHL and the hockey community are committed in the mission to combat racial injustice and achieve a fair society for all,” the announcer said. “The NHL would like to take this moment to wish Jacob Blake and his family well, and call out to our fans and communities to stand up for social justice and the effort to end racism.”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:43 pm

JD Burke and his friends claim he boyfriend tried to take the man's booth, microphone and speakers away from him and the street preacher somehow deliberately broke his leg. The preacher claims he acted in self defense and the injury was just a byproduct of the scuffle. What's your understanding.

lol what a fucking idiot you are, did I say that?

The person talking was preaching hate against people he didn't like. Is that acceptable to you?

Do you like being a bigot?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm

JD Burke and his friends claim he boyfriend tried to take the man's booth, microphone and speakers away from him and the street preacher somehow deliberately broke his leg. The preacher claims he acted in self defense and the injury was just a byproduct of the scuffle. What's your understanding.

The person talking was preaching hate against people he didn't like. Is that acceptable to you?

You seem to be getting kind of emotional here, maybe go take a nap until you settle down.
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:47 pm
2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm lol what a fucking idiot you are, did I say that?

You seem to be getting kind of emotional here, maybe go take a nap until you settle down.
Oh I am not emotional, just bigotry and hate needs to be called for what it is.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm I'm pro keep hockey going ...
Glad to hear that buddy. :thumbs:

SKYO wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm I just I don't like how this 17 year old white boy Kyle Rittenhouse killed two people with his AR-15, walking around with his semi-automatic rifle and the cops keep their cool with him and arrest him without having to blast him 10+ times, hell they even gave him bottled water earlier.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/08/26 ... ave-scene/
Yes, they gave him bottled water BEFORE he shot anyone.

As your link said, they give out bottled water to all kinds of folk.

The kid was not just "walking around with an AR-15"

Rittenhouse was there legally protecting a gas station.

The rioters were there illegally... because well they were rioters.

No one knows why he shot the first guy.

But given his actions we see in the videos that followed, he likely had good reason.

After shooting that first guy, he had to make his way to the police (a block away?).

Either that or more violence would surely follow (many rioters were also armed).

Murderous threats were uttered towards him and eventually he was taken down by the mob.

At that point it became a matter of self-defense (note he only shot those he had to... to escape the mob)

By the way, that one rioter who was shot in the arm was carrying a handgun.

The other two assaulted him and tried to grab his gun.

You said "the cops keep their cool with him and arrest him without having to blast him 10+ times".

Are you inferring that cops never shoot white guys when trying to make arrests?

And/or are you inferring cops always shoot black guys when making arrests?

I hope not, because both takes are ridiculous... and I just know you aren't wishing Rittenhouse was shot by police.

SKYO wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm Meanwhile people of colour are getting blasted on with just having a knife or in this case Jacob Blake walking to his car with his kids in there to make sure they were ok.
It's interesting you say "getting blasted on with just having a knife"...

UMMMM. Anyone who resists arrest by pulling a knife SHOULD get shot by police.

And since you said "in this case" Blake was just walking to his car, I'm going to assume you haven't heard:

Multiple witnesses reported hearing the cops yell "PUT DOWN THE KNIFE! PUT DOWN THE KNIFE!!"

... just before he was shot.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:49 pm
2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm lol what a fucking idiot you are, did I say that?

Really? Cuz you seem emotional.

BTW Meg displayed zero bigotry and hatred here.

YOU on the other hand are spewing unjustified hatred all over this board! :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:49 pm
2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm Do you like being a bigot?
I'm no bigot, I can assure you. And how would you know if he was preaching hate or just preaching the gospel, the police have all the evidence as far as I'm aware. Or are you just an anti Christian piece of shit in addition to be an emotional bitch?

Perhaps it is you who is the intolerant one here.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm
2Fingers wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:32 pm And yes I do have friends/family who are in the LGBTQ group
:wow: :wow: :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.